RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Standings Predictions (Rebkell Survey)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/20/19 5:08 am    ::: Standings Predictions (Rebkell Survey) Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing someone will come post a more comprehensive predictions thread, but in the mean time this is a quick SurveyMonkey one, with just one question: drag & drop the 12 teams to predict the standings at the end of the regular season:
Survey: Predict the 2019 Standings

I'll post the results on opening night

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/20/19 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did mine. It was fun. I went with

1. Las Vegas
2. Connecticut
3. Washington
4. Los Angeles
5. Atlanta
6. Phoenix
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas
9. Seattle
10. New York
11. Chicago
12. Indiana

I have Vegas first because I predict a scenario similar to when Laimbeer coached in Detroit and went from worst to first and win it all in 2003.

Connecticut is my second. More mature players and more familiarity with Miller’s coaching. Resurgence from the JJ/AT post duo.

Washington 3rd because they’ll be around as good as last year but EDD usually isn’t healthy a second year in a row so who knows with her.

Los Angeles is 4th because I don’t see them as a super team like some do. Parker is missing some time. They lost guards. Beard is old and something’s gotta give. New first time women’s head coach.

Atlanta is 5th because they still have a good team but won’t be as good without McCoughtry. But Collen is a great head coach.

Phoenix isn’t as good as people think. No Taurasi for probably the first half of the season. And when she gets back, it’ll take her a while to get to 100% after back surgery and her age will start becoming a factor.

Minnesota will be fighting for a playoff spot. No Maya. No Whalen. Not sure the status of Brunson but she’s too old now anyways. Same goes for Augustus. Syl and Sims will have to carry the team.

Dallas is 8th even though they lost Cambage and probably Diggins for a while. I don’t see Azura Stevens being much better this year. She doesn’t seem invested and I’m sure she wants out. But I can’t count out Agler’s great coaching.

Seattle is 9th because of two words. No Stewart. Bird is a year older. Courtney Paris and KML are still crap. No Dan Hughes. I don’t care what people say about the wonders of Howard. She’s NO Stewart and she had a great season last year because other teams focused on Stewart. No playoffs and they’ll probably win the Lottery again because the WNBA will make sure they fix it for them.

New York is 10th only because there are worse teams in the league then them. Katie Smith is still a horrible coach and Charles is going to be meh again.

Chicago is 11th. New coach who I believe is a rookie who never coached before or at least never coached women before. He’ll be better than Amber Stocks though but that ain’t saying much. Dolson is still garbage. How she’s still in the league is beyond me. Oh I know. She went to Uconn. If she went to any other school, she wouldn’t have made it past her rookie season. Hell, she probably wouldn’t have even made it past her rookie seasons training camp.

Indiana is obviously last. Horrible unlikeable head coach whom players despise. No talent what so ever on the roster. Enough said about them.

Those are my two cents. I can’t wait to see how right or wrong I end up being.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/20/19 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate ....You sure , that your SURE Azura wants out ? What brings you to that conclusion ? Laughing

PostPosted: 05/20/19 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate ....You sure , that your SURE Azura wants out ? What brings you to that conclusion ? Laughing

Just a feeling. She seemed to really get along great with Liz last season and doubt she likes the way it all went down. Someone mentioned she also looked very disinterested in her preseason games or something. Just going by what I’ve heard and making up my own conclusions lol

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 05/20/19 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

geez re: dolson,
just 2 years ago she played 30mpg averaged 15 and 6 and played in/started 33 of 34 games...

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/20/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My prediction is that Chicago will suck for Cox. Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/20/19 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Just a feeling. She seemed to really get along great with Liz last season and doubt she likes the way it all went down. Someone mentioned she also looked very disinterested in her preseason games or something. Just going by what I’ve heard and making up my own conclusions lol

BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/20/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's what I went with:

1. Las Vegas
2. Washington
3. Connecticut
4. Los Angeles
5. Atlanta
6. Phoenix
7. Minnesota
8. Seattle
9. Dallas
10. New York
11. Chicago
12. Indiana

toad455

PostPosted: 05/20/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics seem like the favorite to win the regular season. Vegas will take time to gel and the Mercury will be missing some important pieces in the beginning. LA's roster is too unbalanced, but should finish 4th or 5th. Lynx have a lot of new pieces. They're the biggest question mark to see how quickly Reeve can get her new team together. I wonder what Seattle will look like without their MVP. They seem thin inside without Stewart.

1. Washington
2. Phoenix
3. Las Vegas
4. Connecticut
5. Atlanta
6. Los Angeles
7. Minnesota
8. Seattle
9. Dallas
10. New York
11. Chicago
12. Indiana

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/20/19 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Laughing Laughing I sat right next to Azura yesterday during the preseason game we had a nice little 2 minute talk . I wont speak for her but i didnt get the vibe that she was unhappy about being in dallas , but who knows.

PostPosted: 05/20/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Laughing Laughing I sat right next to Azura yesterday during the preseason game we had a nice little 2 minute talk . I wont speak for her but i didnt get the vibe that she was unhappy about being in dallas , but who knows.

Who knows is right. I would doubt that she’d invoke or express her dislike to you about being in Dallas during a 2 minute chat though. But hopefully she’s happy there and is ready to improve over her pretty good rookie season because Dallas honestly needs all the help they can get at this point.

MiniLynx

PostPosted: 05/20/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just don't think Las Vegas is going to mesh right away. It's going to take a while. Here's my list.
1. Washington
2. Atlanta
3. Connecticut
4. Los Angeles
5. Phoenix
6. Minnesota
7. Las Vegas
8. Seattle
9. Chicago
10. New York
11. Indiana
12. Dallas

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/20/19 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Dolson is still garbage. How she’s still in the league is beyond me. Oh I know. She went to Uconn. If she went to any other school, she wouldn’t have made it past her rookie season. Hell, she probably wouldn’t have even made it past her rookie seasons training camp.

LOL, what? Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 05/20/19 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart is good, but thinking Seattle will drop to 8th or worse is preposterous.

PostPosted: 05/20/19 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1) Washington
2) Las Vegas
3) Phoenix
4) Los Angeles
5) Atlanta
6) Connecticut
7) Seattle
8. Minnesota
9) Chicago
10) New York
11) Dallas
12) Indiana

Washington adds a near all star
LV el cheapo fancy stats has them at 22 wins
Phoenix adds 2.5 Power Forwards
LA down Sims, up health and Brown and Chiney
Atl down Angel, up training camp on the midseason trade
Conn down Chiney, up training camp on the midseason trade
Seattle is down the MVP
Minny down Maya but adds lots of parts
Chicago is healthy
New York adds Durr
Dallas down 2 all stars, adds rookie point guard
Indy should be more competitive this year

Last edited by 5thmantheme on 05/21/19 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/20/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stewart is good, but thinking Seattle will drop to 8th or worse is preposterous.

How did they do the year before they drafted Stewart?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/20/19 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Is ATL a little less preposterous?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SDHoops

PostPosted: 05/20/19 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

1. Las Vegas
2. Connecticut
3. Washington
4. Los Angeles
5. Atlanta
6. Phoenix
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas
9. Seattle
10. New York
11. Chicago
12. Indiana

I have Vegas first because I predict a scenario similar to when Laimbeer coached in Detroit and went from worst to first and win it all in 2003.

Connecticut is my second. More mature players and more familiarity with Miller’s coaching. Resurgence from the JJ/AT post duo.

Washington 3rd because they’ll be around as good as last year but EDD usually isn’t healthy a second year in a row so who knows with her.

Los Angeles is 4th because I don’t see them as a super team like some do. Parker is missing some time. They lost guards. Beard is old and something’s gotta give. New first time women’s head coach.

Atlanta is 5th because they still have a good team but won’t be as good without McCoughtry. But Collen is a great head coach.

Phoenix isn’t as good as people think. No Taurasi for probably the first half of the season. And when she gets back, it’ll take her a while to get to 100% after back surgery and her age will start becoming a factor.

Minnesota will be fighting for a playoff spot. No Maya. No Whalen. Not sure the status of Brunson but she’s too old now anyways. Same goes for Augustus. Syl and Sims will have to carry the team.

Dallas is 8th even though they lost Cambage and probably Diggins for a while. I don’t see Azura Stevens being much better this year. She doesn’t seem invested and I’m sure she wants out. But I can’t count out Agler’s great coaching.

Seattle is 9th because of two words. No Stewart. Bird is a year older. Courtney Paris and KML are still crap. No Dan Hughes. I don’t care what people say about the wonders of Howard. She’s NO Stewart and she had a great season last year because other teams focused on Stewart. No playoffs and they’ll probably win the Lottery again because the WNBA will make sure they fix it for them.

New York is 10th only because there are worse teams in the league then them. Katie Smith is still a horrible coach and Charles is going to be meh again.

Chicago is 11th. New coach who I believe is a rookie who never coached before or at least never coached women before. He’ll be better than Amber Stocks though but that ain’t saying much. Dolson is still garbage. How she’s still in the league is beyond me. Oh I know. She went to Uconn. If she went to any other school, she wouldn’t have made it past her rookie season. Hell, she probably wouldn’t have even made it past her rookie seasons training camp.

Indiana is obviously last. Horrible unlikeable head coach whom players despise. No talent what so ever on the roster. Enough said about them.

LOL Connecticut can continue sucking and blowing it when it counts.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/20/19 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
pilight wrote:

With the incompetent Jenny Boucek in charge?

PostPosted: 05/20/19 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Las Vegas
2. washington
3. Connecticut
4. Minnesota
5. Phoenix
6. Los Angelas
7. Atlanta
8. Chicago
9. Indiana
10. Seattle
11. Dallas
12. New York

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/20/19 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
pilight wrote:

With the incompetent Jenny Boucek in charge?

And now with a lot of other teams missing important players aswell..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/20/19 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

1. Las Vegas
2. Connecticut
3. Washington
4. Los Angeles
5. Atlanta
6. Phoenix
7. Minnesota
8. Dallas
9. Seattle
10. New York
11. Chicago
12. Indiana

LOL Connecticut can continue sucking and blowing it when it counts.

Wow, I see someone has some serious anger management issues...

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/20/19 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. DC
2. LV
3. CT
4. LA
5. PHX
6. ATL
7. MIN
8. SEA
9. CHI
10. NY
11. DAL
12. IND

The bottom 6 to me is much worse than the top 6 this year with the injuries and absences. If Zahui and Stokes miss any extended time I could totally see the Libs finishing 12th.

PostPosted: 05/20/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think ATL has done much less to make up for their key injury/player losses than Minnesota has for their retirements/absences.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/20/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I might post one later but I will say this

last year posting Seattle at 8th was considered too high because everyone thought they were going to be a lottery team,

and LA and Minny were the consensus 1 and 2 and they finished 6th and 7th,

so things aren't always as obvious as they appear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: