RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
So spoon you cut Davis in Favor of George? Hmmm iCould see that as a possibility. I want burke over all 3 ( Hill, Davis , George)

I guess with both Stevens and Thorton able to slide to the post you don't need five other posts but would Agler keep George or Gustafson? I know people are excited about Gustafson but she was still a number 17 pick and Agler likes his vets.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/14/19 4:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Diggins count towards the 12 or will she be suspended? Is she doesn't count, Burke may have a shot.

PG: Jefferson/Ogunbowale
SG: Gray/Hill/Burke
SF: Stevens/Thorton
PF: Johnson/George
C: Harrison/Plaisance/Gustafson

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
willtalk

PostPosted: 05/14/19 6:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Would LA trade a 2nd round pick for Davis? They just picked up Dillard I could see Davis beat her out.

Why not work out a trade of Davis for Lavender? one guaranteed for another guaranteed. Agler seemed to like Lavender when he was the coach in LA.

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jefferson/Ogunbowale
Gray/Hill/Diggins
Thorton/(Burke vs Davis)
Johnson/Stevens
Harrison/Plaisance/(Gustafson vs George)

Diggins is already participating in training camp. They’re going to give her a full ride imo, and have her on the bench until she’s ready to play.

Seek a future-consideration trade for Hill, Burke, or Davis.
Hill has a protected two years left at max. They could probably afford to swallow her contract, but that would be a bitter pill to swallow just to keep a rookie around. Agler probably likes Hill’s Ohio connection too.
I’ll lean towards keeping Hill and trading/cutting one of Burke or Davis.

On Gustafson vs George, George is the more experienced and useful player right now at just $14K more in salary, but might it be worth keeping hard-working Gustafson around to see how she develops?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 05/14/19 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Would LA trade a 2nd round pick for Davis? They just picked up Dillard I could see Davis beat her out.

Why not work out a trade of Davis for Lavender? one guaranteed for another guaranteed. Agler seemed to like Lavender when he was the coach in LA.

Davis is on a rookie contract. She’s not guaranteed.

Lavender for Hill? Then they could boot both George and Gustafson and keep both Davis and Burke. 🤔

Dallas and LA probably aren’t the best trade partners right now since they couldn’t get a Cambage deal done.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/14/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Nobody is going to give you anything for a player you're going to release or who'll be your 12th woman, unless Angela Taylor is back in the league somewhere.

PostPosted: 05/15/19 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a little late to the party but just had to stick my head in and say...
"Hallelujah!!!!"
#cambage
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/15/19 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage having a meltdown on IG. I would be sad for her but ive ran out of love for her crybaby ____. Glad she's finally realizing thing's don't always go her way. Save the B fit lady!

PostPosted: 05/15/19 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Cambage having a meltdown on IG. I would be sad for her but ive ran out of love for her crybaby ____. Glad she's finally realizing thing's don't always go her way. Save the B fit lady!

Is the meltdown about the trade being to LV? or the trade falling through?

toad455

PostPosted: 05/15/19 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

it comes across as if she does indeed want to play this summer, but she feels unwanted & trapped in her contract. but of course, she doesn't want to play for Dallas.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 05/15/19 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

it comes across as if she does indeed want to play this summer, but she feels unwanted & trapped in her contract. but of course, she doesn't want to play for Dallas.

She feels unwanted by who?

The team she refuses to play for?

Or her feelings are hurt because nothing worked out with the one team she wants to play for?

So I haven't gotten my way so I'm unwanted?

What kind of Contract is she under - guessing she hasn't played enough to have reached free agent status?

PostPosted: 05/15/19 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She has one more year on her current contract. IMO, she should of just sucked it up and played for Dallas this season and then she'd be a free agent and likely could pick where she could play.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/15/19 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
She has one more year on her current contract. IMO, she should of just sucked it up and played for Dallas this season and then she'd be a free agent and likely could pick where she could play.

A restricted FA, so Dallas could match any offer. After 3 years of that they could core her up to 4 times. The W is very restrictive when it comes to player movement.

PostPosted: 05/15/19 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

A restricted FA, so Dallas could match any offer. After 3 years of that they could core her up to 4 times. The W is very restrictive when it comes to player movement.

She could have been about done with Dallas if she had played her previous seasons. She sat out now expects to get wishes granted like a genie in a bottle . GTFOH

PostPosted: 05/15/19 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shouts out to Arike for Tying the WNBA Pre-Season scoring record for a rookie , matched by Han Xu earlier this week at 19 yesterday ! Way to show up Rike !

PostPosted: 05/15/19 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Except that she'd still only have four years of WNBA experience and would therefore be a restricted free agent and Dallas would have match rights. And unless they dump the rule in the next CBA, she'd have been cored even if that wasn't the case.

She's basically saying she doesn't like the way American sports works. Pretty much anywhere else in the world, once your contract runs out you can choose where you're signing next and go play there (or just 'work' there, considering this is also the case in most other professions). That's not how US professional sports work, so tough shit. Liz's general tactic over the years has been to scream and shout and cry and generally throw a tantrum until she gets what she wants. At the moment, this time it might not be working out for her.

PostPosted: 05/15/19 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The players have agreed to very restrictive player movement through a collective bargaining process.

stever

PostPosted: 05/15/19 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2019/5/15/18624467/wnba-protracted-trade-talks-with-dallas-wings-impacting-liz-cambages-health

Quote:
Protracted trade talks with Dallas Wings impacting Liz Cambage’s health

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There’s a difference between stress impacting her health and throwing a temper tantrum.

Does somebody who is really all that stressed say something like “on the plus side, all this stress got me lean”, as she shows her body to the camera?

toad455

PostPosted: 05/15/19 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's stressed because she knows that if she plays in the W this season, she gets a bigger contract overseas (China? Russia?). She probably thought a trade was a success thing and now it looks like she'll be home this summer.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/15/19 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1128679191518633984

Quote:
According to a source, a key to Liz Cambage trade now is with Dallas meeting with Moriah Jefferson. Cambage is willing to go to Las Vegas.

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would make her sit.

The Wings lose absolutely nothing by doing that. Shopping trades for a known flaky player whose trade value is almost non-existent doesn't make sense.

Taking on the contracts of one injury prone guard and one fringe player to add to your team stacked with fringe players, all while giving your competition a huge advantage for a season also, doesn't make sense.

Let her pout and toss around her mental health issues every time something doesn't go her way, but most importantly, let her sit.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The pettiness in me wants to see Dallas demand Las Vegas take one of Plaisance or Hill’s contract in addition to Cambage. Cool

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having to meet with a player to convince them to play for your team this season doesn’t sound like something you should be trading for.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Having to meet with a player to convince them to play for your team this season doesn’t sound like something you should be trading for.

Smells of desperation. Maybe they offer Jefferson a max deal when she's a free agent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 33 of 44

Jump to: