Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/13/19 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

I'm actually very excited, despite the ongoing saga of the whole Liz thing...I'm just ready to make the deal with whoever, it doesn't even matter anymore, just make the deal and live with your decision, you win some, you lose some, it's just that simple!

I want a deal to get done asap, so whoever is involved in the trade, has a decent amount of time to learn Brian's system as well as time to gel with the rest of the group. Sometimes the right chemistry is better than overall talent, so that's moreso how I'm looking at the situation.

I saw in another post, you're going to the All Star game, I'm seriously considering it as well!

Yes im onboard with all this. Get rid of her already. 10 less technicals to worry about. And yes im attending my 1st All star game this year in vegas. Flying out July 25th-28th ticket prices are hella high that week out of all the weeks for some odd reason. Just about double the price , but i need the break so why not take in some WNBA events throughout the weekend !

PostPosted: 05/13/19 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_hjxL_9c9xg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/13/19 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

LV
Plum/Allen
McBride/UFA/Nared
Young/Coffey
Wilson/Hamby
Cambage/Swords/Park

Looks like you have LVA trading Jefferson, Harrison, and #1 for Cambage.
That’d be a tempting trade package for Maya. Wouldn’t most teams rather have Maya over Cambage? If teams are really going all-in on Cambage, that could be a sign that Maya isn’t really seeking a trade.

Shades, You mean this conversation where you respond to me "looks like you (referring to me) have LVA trading Jefferson, Harrison and #1 for Cambage".

your idea?

This is from January 29th

Last edited by J-Spoon on 05/13/19 11:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/13/19 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
Sounds like Cambage is agreeing to go to Vegas with my original trade idea: Jefferson + Harrison + future pick.

Actually on May 4th in the fantasy thread you said Jefferson, Park and 2nd round pick 2020, I said Harrison, Jefferson and first round pick 2020, which was a variation on my Harrison, Jefferson and #1 pick in 19 which goes back to the first day of the discussion when Liz said she was willing to go to NY, Vegas or LA back in January.

I am just kidding around, not a big deal but come on credit where credit is due

May 4? You think that was the original trade discussion? Check back on my trade idea for for Maya back when it seemed like she wanted to be traded. In fact, I think it may have extended back when Reeve said nobody was untouchable.

Lately I was thinking it would be more of a second round pick involved, and at this time a first round pick hasn’t been confirmed. It’s ALL rumor at this point. In fact, Megdal is refuting the trade happening since he wasn’t the first to break the rumor. His unwavering stance has always been that Cambage only wants to go to the Sparks.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 05/13/19 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
In fact, Megdal is refuting the trade happening since he wasn’t the first to break the rumor. His unwavering stance has always been that Cambage only wants to go to the Sparks.

I wonder if Las Vegas would be willing to make a trade just to get the rights to Cambage in the hope that in future years she would play for them or they could make a trade with LA at some point. But Cambage may have a contract that allows her to block a trade she doesn't like.

Last edited by tfan on 05/14/19 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
But Cambage may have a contract that allows her to block a trade she doesn't like.

Again, no, those clauses don't exist in this league.

PostPosted: 05/14/19 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
In fact, Megdal is refuting the trade happening since he wasn’t the first to break the rumor. His unwavering stance has always been that Cambage only wants to go to the Sparks.

I wonder if Las Vegas would be willing to make a trade just to get the rights to Cambage in the hope that in future years she would play for them or they could make a trade with LA at some point. But Cambage may have a contract that allows her to block a trade she doesn't like.

Not a big deal I don't know how quoting works but I didn't actually say what is being accredited to me here.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/14/19 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J- now you know how #fakenews gets started on rebkells Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/14/19 2:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I surmised after the draft, that Laimbeer took Jackie Young over McCowan because he knew he could get Cambage to fill in as their center. Idea

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/14/19 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

I can't remember who I was talking to a few weeks ago, but they were saying there is going to be a big convention and a major entertainment event going on the same time as the All Star game is the reason the prices are so high.

stever

PostPosted: 05/14/19 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/aces-wnba/aces-trying-deal-for-wnba-all-star-center-liz-cambage-1662828/

Quote:
The Aces’ desire to acquire WNBA All-Star center Liz Cambage in a blockbuster trade with the Dallas Wings intensified Monday, but a person familiar with the negotiations says no deal is imminent and characterized the likelihood of one as “50-50.”

Quote:
Cambage, a 27-year-old native of London who was raised in Australia, had requested a trade in January and cited the Los Angeles Sparks as a preferred destination, but would play in Las Vegas, the person said.

I suspect the final haggling is over who/what the "third piece" will be...a '20 first rounder, or a third rotation player.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas gets Cambage and that third piece should be their first rounder(#10-#12).

Let's not jump to quickly as it isn't expected to happen right away. As long as Liz is ok playing for Vegas, I see no reason why this doesn't happen.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bullsky

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see a lot of people saying that Las Vegas would win this (potential) trade by a mile.

A few questions:
1) Do people forget how good Moriah Jefferson is and that she is a native of Dallas? Injury concerns, sure, but Jefferson is no slouch.

2) Do people forget that Harrison was arguably SASS's best post player before the relocation? I know it's different, but she's been putting up good numbers overseas.

3) Do people forget that Liz Cambage is Liz Cambage and hasn't had two consecutive seasons without "will I or won't I show up?"

Sure, Cambage would probably elevate Vegas to title contenders (though I have concerns about how her, Wilson and Swords can all play with one another), but to say Dallas would lose this big time is a miscalculation.

This is best case scenario for the Wings IMO and unlike with LA, they aren't getting an unproven rookie and a Russian who likely wouldn't show up with her friends, Nneka and Candace, by her side.

PostPosted: 05/14/19 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

I can't remember who I was talking to a few weeks ago, but they were saying there is going to be a big convention and a major entertainment event going on the same time as the All Star game is the reason the prices are so high.

AHA That makes total sense , either way im there . Ive been to vegas a few times but never to an ASG or Aces game so this will be an exciting first for me !

PostPosted: 05/14/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
I surmised after the draft, that Laimbeer took Jackie Young over McCowan because he knew he could get Cambage to fill in as their center. Idea

He “knew” or he was praying like hell?

He’s got me on this board selling the notion that Vegas isn’t that far away from Los Angeles and the Aces could be a contender with Cambage. She reads this board.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 05/14/19 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:
Cambage, a 27-year-old native of London who was raised in Australia, had requested a trade in January and cited the Los Angeles Sparks as a preferred destination, but would play in Las Vegas, the person said.

Are they trying to say Megdal was wrong all this time? What happened to “Cambage wants a Sparks destination only”? Megdal is getting known for unreliable news.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/14/19 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
I see a lot of people saying that Las Vegas would win this (potential) trade by a mile.

Eight Miles.

bullsky wrote:
A few questions:
1) Do people forget how good Moriah Jefferson is and that she is a native of Dallas? Injury concerns, sure, but Jefferson is no slouch.

I’ve been pointing out her Texas connection as extra incentive for Jefferson and Dallas. She’s starter-worthy, that’s why she’s a perfect trade piece for Cambage.

bullsky wrote:
2) Do people forget that Harrison was arguably SASS's best post player before the relocation? I know it's different, but she's been putting up good numbers overseas.

Being the best post player on that SASS team isn’t that huge of a compliment. Vegas needs to give up a post player anyway to make room for Cambage. Might as well be the one Laimbeer is least familiar with or attached to. Bone and Park have done very well overseas. Swords is like a mentor to the young posts and I probably seeing her joining the Aces staff after her contract is up.

bullsky wrote:
3) Do people forget that Liz Cambage is Liz Cambage and hasn't had two consecutive seasons without "will I or won't I show up?"

She definitely wants to show up. All the indications are there (which is why I advised Spooner to fantasy draft Cambage as a huge bargain in the third round). Smart Liz might finally win out over Stubborn Liz. Keep your fingers crossed.

bullsky wrote:
Sure, Cambage would probably elevate Vegas to title contenders (though I have concerns about how her, Wilson and Swords can all play with one another)

Swords come off the bench. Problem solved. That was easy.

bullsky wrote:
To say Dallas would lose this big time is a miscalculation.

It’s a fairer trade than what Los Angeles was rumored to be willing to give. I say Dallas needs a new full time PG, and they’ll get one. The trade brings Vegas closer to title contenders than it does for Dallas, who lost a MVP candidate. This is what I calculate. If Cambage would have been on a winning team last season, she likely would have been named league MVP. She score
d the most ppg by +2 and she broke a few scoring records. Did you miss all that?

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/14/19 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are Aces even a playoff team with Cambage? Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 05/14/19 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Are Aces even a playoff team with Cambage?

Funny.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/14/19 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Are Aces even a playoff team with Cambage? Laughing

yes

- Amanda Gorman
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilson and Cambage feel really, reeeeeeeally redundant in the same frontcourt. Is the Aces offense just going to be them taking turns going 1on1 on the block? That doesn't seem ideal.

And let's not talk about the defense, Laimbeer can do a lot but how much can he do with Cambage?

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To repeat: The hometown "advantage" is a mirage. Means nothing, really, in terms of attendance or coverage after a couple games and two articles.

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
To repeat: The hometown "advantage" is a mirage. Means nothing, really, in terms of attendance or coverage after a couple games and two articles.

Okay, it means nothing to you who doesn’t even have a home team so you can speak from experience, but it seemed to mean everything to Whalen and Minnesota.

I think main point is that Jefferson would most likely be amenable to going to Dallas. If you like where you’re playing, it can’t hurt.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/14/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In general, the experience in the league is that hometown heroes impact attendance only insofar as they help the home team win. Obviously a player like Whalen adds lots of wins, so attendance goes up. A very popular player like Stephanie White didn't add any attendance to Indiana because she didn't add wins.

And the on-the-ground math doesn't really pencil out either. Non-playoff high school games draw in the hundreds, at best, and even the presence of dynamic talents like Sabrina Ionescu do little to increase those numbers. Moriah Jefferson, however, played in a league for home school students, so the odds of attendance at those games reaching triple digits does not seem high to me.

Who, then, would go to see Moriah Jefferson play? Her high school classmates and their parents? There were none. Those who saw her play a couple times as opponents? A few. Let's be generous -- call it 50.

And let's add 50 more who never saw her play in high school but maybe saw her club team at local games. Hey, make that 150.

So we have a universe of 200 ... if all 200 attended every Dallas home game, that would boost attendance by 3,400 for the year. And I don't think all 200 are going to every game.

PostPosted: 05/14/19 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Wilson and Cambage feel really, reeeeeeeally redundant in the same frontcourt. Is the Aces offense just going to be them taking turns going 1on1 on the block? That doesn't seem ideal.

And let's not talk about the defense, Laimbeer can do a lot but how much can he do with Cambage?

Wilson and Cambage are two totally different style players. If you want to talk about redundancy, look at your team with EDD and Meesseman.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 11 of 19

Jump to: