RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty @ Sun - 5/13/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/13/19 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The Liberty should've traded Charles last season. She's on the downside of her career and the Liberty won't be contenders for another 3 years. I understand Tina wants to stay close to home, but the Liberty should be in a full rebuild mode right now.

Hard to trade someone who only really wants to play in New York. Also you don't trade your only recognisable player when you're trying to sell the team.

zune69 wrote:
Tiffany Bias is going to mess around and make the final roster.

If Hartley shows up, there's probably one perimeter spot up for grabs (assuming Johannes doesn't until after EBW2019). I wouldn't see much point in it being Bias (considering you'd have Boyd, Hartley, Wright and Nurse as point guard options). If Hartley stays with the French national team instead, she'd definitely have a shot to stick as the temporary replacement.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cuevas-Moore hasn't played tonight despite the blowout. Odd because she played well on Thursday. If they have to keep a 5th guard while Hartley is away, it looks like it'll be Bias now.

Also, I wonder if Warley-Talbert got hurt tonight. Only played 3 minutes early on and hasn't returned.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/13/19 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They play again tomorrow. Maybe Bias gets her shot then.

Hope to hear the takeaways from people who were there.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/13/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York starters -25, CT starters +32

Some of us predicted New York would have trouble rebounding and defending this year. Early signs are that's going to be the case.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles should barely play tomorrow. Just because.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 05/13/19 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was there it was that bad

Awful no defense at all players having no clue to go poor communication...you name it

I put more blame on the coaches and players...sets that made no sense poor sub patterns having tina at 5 but switching to 4 and vice versa still panic passing to Tina when other options were available

That starts behind the bench

And then there was the issue putting Tina in down close to 30 l
Mid 4th no excuse there

Sure scares me its not that she's not making shots she's not TAKING shots not even getting in position to take shots know its early preseason but that's scary AF to me I better see at least shot attempts tomorrow

Jones owned the barn and for good reason...han looked lost understandable Zahui looked worse...what the hell

Avery only post who gave a hoot honestly and doubt she makes the cut but even tho you know exactly what she is is take her over gray

With likely long term eurobasket absences some tough decisions need to be made quick...yes it's a rebuild and cap clear for 2020 in Brooklyn but yes Charles on the back 9 but someone needs to step up

Nurse has been good and Allen can be a weapon off the bench

Everything else is in shambles

This IS me being kind...at this point just hold Tina out and use the aggrigate to get inoescu

And figure out whats wrong with durr...this game was alarming with her and see too many apologists out there

A 1-6 or 2-10 is feeling it out

Only even taking 3 shots with no D to really speak of is disturbing it just is not saying shes a bust in preseason thats crazy but she gotta show ability to get shot take shot MAKE shot...shes not even close to part 1

Really hoping better tomorrow but not holding breath

And play D please!

PostPosted: 05/14/19 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could we please not panic after two meaningless preseason games? Many of us have acknowledged that the Liberty are very likely to finish this season as a lottery team. So is it a shock when they look lousy? Should we release Tina Charles and Asia Durr immediately or perhaps look them over for the entire preseason before cutting them? Smile

And am I now an "apologist" for Durr because I don't find anything about a rookie's struggles in her first two preseason games "alarming"?

tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/19 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Xu shot a 3 pointer according to the box score. Cambage shoots them: (2011 0-5, 2018 12-37) Griner shot her first 3-pointers in 2018, going 1 for 4.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/14/19 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

Awful no defense at all players having no clue to go poor communication...you name it

I put more blame on the coaches and players...sets that made no sense poor sub patterns having tina at 5 but switching to 4 and vice versa still panic passing to Tina when other options were available

Mid 4th no excuse there

Sure scares me its not that she's not making shots she's not TAKING shots not even getting in position to take shots know its early preseason but that's scary AF to me I better see at least shot attempts tomorrow

Jones owned the barn and for good reason...han looked lost understandable Zahui looked worse...what the hell

Avery only post who gave a hoot honestly and doubt she makes the cut but even tho you know exactly what she is is take her over gray

With likely long term eurobasket absences some tough decisions need to be made quick...yes it's a rebuild and cap clear for 2020 in Brooklyn but yes Charles on the back 9 but someone needs to step up

This IS me being kind...at this point just hold Tina out and use the aggrigate to get inoescu

And figure out whats wrong with durr...this game was alarming with her and see too many apologists out there

Only even taking 3 shots with no D to really speak of is disturbing it just is not saying shes a bust in preseason thats crazy but she gotta show ability to get shot take shot MAKE shot...shes not even close to part 1

And play D please!

Katie Smith is still in LaLa Land learning how to be a head coach, i think she has the respect of the players but her managing the in-games are piss poor

some former players are just ain't cut out to be head coaches, great player but she is just not a good coach

i don't wanna say i'm concern yet about Durr until i see some regular season games but its a bit disappointing to see our 2nd pick playing so nervous, i was expecting more swag and confidence

the W is tough no doubt, but you can tell she loves the game and i think she will snap out of it and be just fine.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/14/19 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NY taking up where they left off last year. Confused

I’m honestly very surprised Katie Smith made it past last year as their head coach. People I know that went to the game last night said Smiths coaching looked as lost and confused as she did last year. I’ll say it now, New York is a lottery team again for the 2nd year in a row.

And I also see that the Sun is picking up where they left off last year too as one of the leagues highest scoring games. I think last year they led the league in 100+ point games no? I can see them carrying that over again to this year. Now all they need to do is work on better defense and better final minutes of closing out games. They’re a year older now and in my opinion, a bit better without Ogwumike, so I see an improvement over last years record and playoff run.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/14/19 6:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

Mid 4th no excuse there

And play D please!

The entire issue with the Liberty is the piece of shit head coach they have. She was complete garbage and was lost last year and nothing will change this year. One of the worst head coaches in league history. She shouldn’t have made it past last season but I guess with the mess the Liberty organization was in, they wanted to keep the coach but THAT was a mistake. There was no way in hell that she should have been retained after last seasons disaster. I hope the new Liberty owner has the brains and the balls to get rid of her at some point during this season. The Liberty really dropped the ball when they didn’t scoop up Agler when they had the chance.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/14/19 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:

Mid 4th no excuse there

And play D please!

Katie Smith is still in LaLa Land learning how to be a head coach, i think she has the respect of the players but her managing the in-games are piss poor

some former players are just ain't cut out to be head coaches, great player but she is just not a good coach

i don't wanna say i'm concern yet about Durr until i see some regular season games but its a bit disappointing to see our 2nd pick playing so nervous, i was expecting more swag and confidence

the W is tough no doubt, but you can tell she loves the game and i think she will snap out of it and be just fine.

Durr was also pretty nervous in her rookie season at Louisville. Sometimes it takes players a while to settle in with a new team. I don’t see Durr being all that effective this season much like Kelsey Plum was in her rookie season.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll give Smith until mid-season to figure out how to use a these new pieces(mostly Durr and Han), otherwise get the firing squad ready.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
The entire issue with the Liberty is the piece of shit head coach they have. She was complete garbage and was lost last year and nothing will change this year. One of the worst head coaches in league history.

It must be the morning on the east coast because I can feel the warm rays of sunshine even from here 🌞💛💛

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/14/19 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
The entire issue with the Liberty is the piece of shit head coach they have. She was complete garbage and was lost last year and nothing will change this year. One of the worst head coaches in league history.

It must be the morning on the east coast because I can feel the warm rays of sunshine even from here 🌞💛💛

LOL. I can’t help it, I tell it like it is. Maybe I just need to work on my delivery?

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 05/14/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:

Mid 4th no excuse there

And play D please!

The entire issue with the Liberty is the piece of shit head coach they have. She was complete garbage and was lost last year and nothing will change this year. One of the worst head coaches in league history. She shouldn’t have made it past last season but I guess with the mess the Liberty organization was in, they wanted to keep the coach but THAT was a mistake. There was no way in hell that she should have been retained after last seasons disaster. I hope the new Liberty owner has the brains and the balls to get rid of her at some point during this season. The Liberty really dropped the ball when they didn’t scoop up Agler when they had the chance.

I agree of all the issues I saw Katie was issue 1 2 and 3 fred can coach posts spoon can run good drills (recruiting was her issue at la tech) Charmin can coach so katie either needs to listen and implement from them or get the hell out

1 no D (comes from coach system)

2 no communication (poor planning)

3 bad ball distribution (coach distrust players)

Then you get into Tina's shot selection and durrs lack of shot selection

Agree have to make decision this year can't let the kids run dry just cuz of a bad coach

PostPosted: 05/14/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Smith doesnt have a lot to work with though. Charles and a young player in Nurse.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: