RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 05/05/19 9:08 pm    ::: Re: L Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
According to Raoul, she is not going to UConn. She is going to transfer to Rutgers.

I just saw that, too. Shocked Is that a typo....?

PostPosted: 05/06/19 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is an article on the UConn women’s basketball website about her transferring there, so I would assume that is correct....

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 05/06/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn. 6'1" forward from Murray State.

Looks like UConn will be able to put 5 on the court next year.

Hey if you're going to sit on a bench somewhere it might as well be UConn's.

Looks like Uconn is becoming the new USF of the AAC with all the foreigners Laughing

If the AAC won't come to UConn, then UConn will come to the AAC.....

Fans of the Gamecocks should talk. Their program is now called the "Holiday Inn of wcbb", nice place to go for a season but you don't want to live there for 4 years. Rolling Eyes

But Delle Donne, Boykins, Edwards, Ekmark, Stevens, Butler, Coombs, then this "one and done" foreign player you're talking about??? Hey, like you say, whatever makes Luigi happy, but not for others I guess?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hey, at least our transfers change their minds and decide to stay 4-5 years. That Holliday Inn's doing better than the Connecticut Red Roof on Route 32....

Oh, and another Rolling Eyes

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 05/06/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like Destiny Littleton is transferring from Texas to South Carolina. She would have to sit out a year, but word is they will apply for a waiver for her to be eligible immediately.....

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/07/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Sounds like Destiny Littleton is transferring from Texas to South Carolina. She would have to sit out a year, but word is they will apply for a waiver for her to be eligible immediately.....

If they have the resources to get a good lawyer, she'll be suiting up this fall.

Tell me again why she might have to sit but a coach that took a new job wouldn't?

PostPosted: 05/08/19 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Mikayla Coombs is back in her home state of Georgia at UGA.

linkster

PostPosted: 05/08/19 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
linkster wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
Grad Transfer Evelyn Adebayo commits to UConn. 6'1" forward from Murray State.

Looks like UConn will be able to put 5 on the court next year.

Hey if you're going to sit on a bench somewhere it might as well be UConn's.

Looks like Uconn is becoming the new USF of the AAC with all the foreigners Laughing

If the AAC won't come to UConn, then UConn will come to the AAC.....

Fans of the Gamecocks should talk. Their program is now called the "Holiday Inn of wcbb", nice place to go for a season but you don't want to live there for 4 years. Rolling Eyes

But Delle Donne, Boykins, Edwards, Ekmark, Stevens, Butler, Coombs, then this "one and done" foreign player you're talking about??? Hey, like you say, whatever makes Luigi happy, but not for others I guess?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hey, at least our transfers change their minds and decide to stay 4-5 years. That Holliday Inn's doing better than the Connecticut Red Roof on Route 32....

Oh, and another Rolling Eyes

Nice, YOU toss a snide comment about UConn's transfers and when I respond in kind you act like I attacked you for nothing? Grow some skin pal.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 05/09/19 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sharna Ayres has transferred from Marquette to LSU:

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211802480

She was one of 8 players signed to a letter of intent by former Marquette coach Carolyn Kieger in November 2018. She had enrolled at Marquette in January and sat on the bench with the team. She was set to start playing at Marquette this fall.

This is the first recruit I know of to officially go somewhere else. But two others - Shemera Williams and Destiny Strother posted on twitter they were reopening their recruitment - haven't heard anything yet about where they will end up for sure. Jordan King is coming to Marquette for sure still but I'm not sure of the status of the other 4 recruits at this point.

linkster

PostPosted: 05/11/19 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evina Westbrook is transferring to UConn.

From the POV of some Vol fans this is just a variation of "The Great Maya Moore Robbery". Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Howee

PostPosted: 05/11/19 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

From the POV of some Vol fans this is just a variation of "The Great Maya Moore Robbery". Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well that should make for an interesting TN/UConn rematch. Razz Of course, it may be delayed a year, but still....

PostPosted: 05/11/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

Well that should make for an interesting TN/UConn rematch. Razz Of course, it may be delayed a year, but still....

If Westbrook sits a year then it will just reinforce the perception of the NCAA’s blatant hypocrisy.

PostPosted: 05/11/19 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

If Westbrook sits a year then it will just reinforce the perception of the NCAA’s blatant hypocrisy.

PostPosted: 05/11/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danielle Patterson to Indiana: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2019/05/10/iu-womens-basketball-adds-notre-dame-transfer-danielle-patterson/1165957001/

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 05/11/19 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

PostPosted: 05/11/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Transfer swap.

Freshman Shaniya Jones Will transfer from Virginia tech to Georgia.

Grad transfer Taia Cole will transfer from Georgia to Virginia tech and be eligible to play immediately.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 05/12/19 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

And if she doesn't, will the UConn fans who attacked ND for Shepard's waiver apologize and say they were wrong for doing so?

Somehow I doubt that. Which would then "just reinforce the perception of" many UConn fans' "blatant hypocrisy."

You see, it works both ways... Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 05/12/19 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s not exactly the same situation. Westbrook is wanting to leave immediately after the coaching change.

Shepard didn’t leave immediately after the coaching change (which she was partially responsible for). She gave the new coach a year, didn’t like the results, and made it public that she didn’t have a problem with Nebraska but she just wanted to go someplace where she can win. How is that a basis for a no-wait transfer?

In light of Westbrook wanting a new coaching staff in Tennessee, I would make her sit a year. But I don’t think she’s all that great of a player. I think she bears at least a little bit of the responsibility for the poor season Tennessee had. UConn is just desperate now. She could act as a poison pill for UConn. If you’re a UConn fan, do you really want Westbrook influencing or affecting Bueckers in any way? I wouldn’t.

I just have a harder time caring either way in this case. A big part of it for me was that Connie Yori was a transformative coach for Nebraska and I felt she was really done wrong by them and Shepard was a part of that. Warlick was transformative in a negative way for Tennessee. She helped dissolve that program into a mockery. Can’t really blame top prospects for wanting to get out.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 05/12/19 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/12/19 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

And if she doesn't, will the UConn fans who attacked ND for Shepard's waiver apologize and say they were wrong for doing so?

Somehow I doubt that. Which would then "just reinforce the perception of" many UConn fans' "blatant hypocrisy."

False equivalence. The door has been opened by the NCAA. Closing it now only means ND gets the benefit and no one else does. I realize this is what many ND fans expect as a birthright and all, but the rest of the world doesn't feel the same way. Wink

PostPosted: 05/12/19 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

False equivalence. The door has been opened by the NCAA. Closing it now only means ND gets the benefit and no one else does. I realize this is what many ND fans expect as a birthright and all, but the rest of the world doesn't feel the same way. Wink

Now THERE'S a falsehood. Razz Jess was HARDLY the first waiver granted by the NCAA. Just cuz it ended in a way that torqued Husky fans and other ND haters DOESN'T make it a case of "now we all must get our turn or the universe isn't fair". It's a little bit--no, a LOT--myopic to feel the NCAA bases its decisions on a particular fan base. Laughing You guyz just AREN'T *that* special. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 05/14/19 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jaiden McCoy, 6'3" post player originally from Knoxville, JUCO transfers to Tennessee: https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2019/05/13/jaiden-mccoy-commits-tennessee-lady-vols-northwest-florida-kellie-harper/1195151001/

Quote:
McCoy originally signed with Louisiana Tech in November of 2015, but asked for a release from the National Letter of Intent after then-coach Tyler Summitt resigned five months later.

Quote:
Another chance to play basketball lured McCoy to Northwest Florida State. She signed with the junior college in Niceville, Florida, in June 2017.

This past season, she played in 32 games and averaged 10.9 points per game and 6.1 rebounds.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thardy929 wrote:
Jaiden McCoy, 6'3" post player originally from Knoxville, JUCO transfers to Tennessee: https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2019/05/13/jaiden-mccoy-commits-tennessee-lady-vols-northwest-florida-kellie-harper/1195151001/

Quote:
McCoy originally signed with Louisiana Tech in November of 2015, but asked for a release from the National Letter of Intent after then-coach Tyler Summitt resigned five months later.

Quote:
Another chance to play basketball lured McCoy to Northwest Florida State. She signed with the junior college in Niceville, Florida, in June 2017.

This past season, she played in 32 games and averaged 10.9 points per game and 6.1 rebounds.

This girl has good stuff. She's originally from Knox Farragut. I think she was pretty emotionally stung by the Tyler Summitt business. Hopefully her time in the JUCO ranks has molded her into a stronger person and Kellie can bring out the player in her.

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

This girl has good stuff. She's originally from Knox Farragut. I think she was pretty emotionally stung by the Tyler Summitt business. Hopefully her time in the JUCO ranks has molded her into a stronger person and Kellie can bring out the player in her.

And to go from the terrible situation at Louisiana Tech to yet another coaching change at Virginia Tech in the same summer, you have to feel for the kid - and then a freak hip injury to keep her out for a year! Wow. Talk about perseverance.

She put up good numbers at one of the best JUCOs, so will be neat to see her in action next season and what she can do for the Lady Vols.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/14/19 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul reports

Sydney Cooks transferred in from Michigan State to Mississippi State. Two years of eligibility left.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/14/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul reports

Sydney Cooks transferred in from Michigan State to Mississippi State. Two years of eligibility left.

SHE'D BETTER GET AN INSTANT WAIVER OR WE'LL KNOW FOR SURE THAT THE NCAA IS RUN BY TRUMP AND FOX NEWS....MISSISSIPPI STATE IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE TEAMS THAT ND BEAT WITH JESS SHEPARD ON THEIR ROSTER, SO THEY DESERVE IT!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/14/19 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul reports

SHE'D BETTER GET AN INSTANT WAIVER OR WE'LL KNOW FOR SURE THAT THE NCAA IS RUN BY TRUMP AND FOX NEWS....MISSISSIPPI STATE IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE TEAMS THAT ND BEAT WITH JESS SHEPARD ON THEIR ROSTER, SO THEY DESERVE IT!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I politely ask you to talk about basketball (which I enjoy reading, even when I disagree) and save the political snark for somewhere else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 34 of 37

Jump to: