RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 EuroBasket Qualifiers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/25/19 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hungary are ridiculous. Seems like they're naturalising a new player every six months. Bit troubling for Phoenix as well considering the injury to Taurasi. Turner would be a key element in filling that hole.

PostPosted: 04/26/19 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
Preliminary rosters are starting to be named.

Hungary intends to use Yvonne Turner as their naturalized player.

France did not also bring in Gabby Williams. I am still curious about her qualification for citizenship since France doesn't do snap naturalization, but nobody seems to know.

Her mother is French.

Quote:
“My sister and I got matching tattoos saying nothing will break our bond in French,” Williams said. “My mom is French, and the rose, she has roses tattooed on her body. Especially now with her (sister)being pregnant, we have gotten even closer and even in the future I can look at it and know nothing can break our bond.”

https://www.nhregister.com/uconn/article/UConn-freshman-Gabby-Williams-works-to-get-better-11373609.php

That's close enough that they should have known to get her citizenship from a young age. I wonder if that was the case or it was a more recent move.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/09/19 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As has long been reported, Kiah Stokes will be naturalized by Turkey. She and Quanitra Hollingsworth have both been called up so that might mean that she will be in their preparations fighting for the spot.

Richyyy wrote:

I think you have to give credit to Regan Magarity for being a WNBA-relevant Swede since she might no longer be relevant soon.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/18/19 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111, any idea if Kennedy Leonard counts as naturalised for GB or not? I could imagine her making the final 12 is she's British, but if she's just 'British' I doubt she beats out Karlie Samuelson (assuming she counts as naturalised, which I never 100% confirmed). This is all so ridiculous...

PostPosted: 05/18/19 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
awhom111, any idea if Kennedy Leonard counts as naturalised for GB or not? I could imagine her making the final 12 is she's British, but if she's just 'British' I doubt she beats out Karlie Samuelson (assuming she counts as naturalised, which I never 100% confirmed). This is all so ridiculous...

No idea. She only played U20 so there's no real evidence on when she got a passport. As far as anyone is aware, Samuelson is naturalized, but that could always be flexible.

On that subject, Latvia may be shrinking the list of countries never to field a naturalized player as they intend to give Shey Peddy a passport.

Also, to answer my own question from a long time ago, the Kastaneks are ethnic Czechs, but Marissa will be a naturalized player for Poland when they play qualifiers for the next tournament, although Julie McBride may not be ready to give up the spot yet.
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/19/19 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep an eye on Hannah Jump, who will be a freshman at Stanford and is a British citizen.

Unlike her name, she's a 6-1 shooter.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: