Rebkell Fantasy Basketball League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/07/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
ESPN puts every player on waivers after the draft for a reason. Why go out of our way to go against that? Question Idea

Because I don't like waiver wire priorities and the complexities that come with them when running a league by hand. Also, your opinion of what is "standard" when it comes to fantasy leagues is only that: an opinion.

I also have opinions about how things should be run when it comes to leagues. Some of them may differ from yours. That's OK, but if you're not actually planning on using add/drop at the first opportunity, please spare the fake outrage that we're not doing things like ESPN. I solicited feedback on 90% of the decisions I made in this league, including this one. If you need a specified time, we'll give you one, but not unless you're really going to pick a player. If you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, I will soon learn to ignore you. Your criticism tends to border on ridicule, and it's not exactly pleasant to respond to.

Admiral has some valid points to be addressed. His approach and ideas may not be what you want to hear, but they are for the most part valid points. I will hope that you are not going to ignore others suggestions/complaints if they disagree with you, as you have just implied.

Disagreement is fine. Presenting the diagreement with snide ridicule is another thing. I'll only take so much of that before I stop giving the courtesy of a response.

I am trying very hard to come up with rules beforehand. I have posted what I have so far on the front page, and no one has made any comments about what's missing or unclear.

Once the season starts, we will not be changing anything unless there is an ambiguity or unanimous agreement to do so. The only exception would be if there is a serious problem with rule abuse and everyone except the abuser is unanimous. I don't anticipate this happening ever, but in case I really blew it writing a rule, we conceivably might have to do something.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/07/19 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have a little 'for fun' league. Why give the commissioner grief when he is already doing way more than anybody else to make things run smoothly? If you want 10 pages of restrictive rules, then just play the ESPN game.

Also the example of streaming players really isn't relevant since we're only counting the first game a player plays in any particular week (if I read the rules right)....and since you can't play more than five players that week.

There needs to be a commissioner to make rules and deal with a*holes when they try to game the system. To me, if you don't like the rules then go someplace else and play with rules you like.

- Amanda Gorman
Erimus

PostPosted: 05/07/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
I'm sorry, did you say that you were planning on using add/drop immediately so that this is something that actually matters?

Yes. Idea

You actually didn't say that. But if that's true, you definitely have a legitimate concern. If not, you have burned up a whole lot of good will insisting we do it this way. I wonder which of your 9 picks you are planning on dropping for a player, particularly since you have a 10th pick to go? I guess we'll see.

So, OK, this is how we'll do it, even though since things are being done here by hand it becomes cumbersome.

Waivers begin at 6 PM EDT (GMT - 4) after mojo/myrtle's final pick. If the final pick is after 5 PM, we'll go to 6 PM the following day so that people have enough notice.

6 PM is being chosen for this (and other things) because the league spans 8 time zones. That's 11 PM for Erimus, which may be too late, so if this is the case (speak up, Erimus), we'll move the time backwards.

Anyway, people should put in their claims in before 6 PM so that they are eligible to receive a player. I guess if you don't want anyone to know your big secret, you've got to post as close to 6 PM as possible so that nobody copies your idea. If two people do try to claim the same player, the player will be assigned randomly.

Admiral, if the player you're planning to claim gets selected, please let us know so that we don't have to go through all this. I am thinking that no one else cares about this (if I'm wrong, please let me know).

I don’t mind although I may not be online during the week at that time due to being in bed but I am fine with that. I am doing this for fun so really do not mind how I do, win or lose... it’s all the same to me.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/19 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 Selects "Ji Su Park "

PostPosted: 05/07/19 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice pick! I was wondering why people were avoiding true centers from the Aces. I guess there’s no telling how that situation will play out.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 05/07/19 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/19 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nice pick! I was wondering people were avoiding true centers from the Aces. I guess there’s no telling how that situation will play out.

Agreed i struggled here between Swords and Park , i think Park will turn the corner this season . I have high expectations as i feel she's the best of the 3 headed center combo in Vegas.

PostPosted: 05/07/19 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed they switched Wilson’s position to C on the roster listing.
Is that Laimbeer messing with people’s heads, a WNBA.com error, or is he really considering moving Wilson to C after she had all this success at PF last season?

He’s basically a two-center guy anyway, like he was at NYL.
Charles, Vaughn, Zahui, Stokes. All centers in college.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/07/19 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We are going to use the 6 PM EDT (GMT - 4) method I described above. I want to get to free add/drop as soon as possible.

The draft's going to end soon. Until it does, we're going to have to check in a little bit before 6 PM each day to see if it has finished. I would say that it's probably going to be finished before 5 PM tomorrow, so people should expect tomorrow at 6 PM to be the time the waiver procedure happens. If not, then the next day.

If 6 PM is not a good time, please say so as soon as possible.

Just to be clear, you must put in a waiver claim any time before 6 PM to be eligible to have a chance for a player. The reason availability is important is that the sooner you post a waiver claim, the more chance there is that someone will copy the move. So ideally, you want to post as close to 6 PM as possible.

This is an unfortunate consequence of not being able to have an automated league where waiver claims can be made in secret; waiver procedures don't work quite as well in leagues done by hand.

When you submit a waiver claim, include the name of the player you are dropping as well.

After 6 PM, add/drop is free and on a first come/first serve basis, except for the players who are dropped from a team's roster (see the league rules for details).

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/07/19 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Is that Laimbeer messing with people’s heads, a WNBA.com error, or is he really considering moving Wilson to C after she had all this success at PF last season?

Wilson was not a switch. She was listed as a C from the start of our draft. But yeah, a strange listing.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/07/19 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Wilson was not a switch. She was listed as a C from the start of our draft. But yeah, a strange listing.

I meant a switch from last year.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/07/19 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
We have a little 'for fun' league. Why give the commissioner grief when he is already doing way more than anybody else to make things run smoothly? If you want 10 pages of restrictive rules, then just play the ESPN game.

Also the example of streaming players really isn't relevant since we're only counting the first game a player plays in any particular week (if I read the rules right)....and since you can't play more than five players that week.

There needs to be a commissioner to make rules and deal with a*holes when they try to game the system. To me, if you don't like the rules then go someplace else and play with rules you like.

+1

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/07/19 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With my final pick I go back to the Windy City for my backup center (and my fourth Sky player):

Alaina Coates C

I also have wound up with 3 Minnesota players so I guess I want a Sky - Lynx final.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/07/19 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

I also have wound up with 3 Minnesota players so I guess I want a Sky - Lynx final.

That would be optimistic...but stranger things have happened!

- Amanda Gorman
GEF34

PostPosted: 05/07/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I meant a switch from last year.

According to the press release when the Aces announced their opening day roster last year she was listed as a center, so why she may have played forward, I don’t see anything that says she was listed as a forward on the roster.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/07/19 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Wilson was always listed as a C and I never noticed. Like I said, this is Laimbeer. Even though he’s been gone a couple of years, they still list every post player on the Liberty roster as a C, except for a couple newbies, Reshanda Gray and Huff.

But Wilson’s WNBA page says this.

This is an oldie but goodie.

Just in case people weren’t watching and didn’t know what position Wilson actually played.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/07/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
I spoke out that we started the draft way too early but NYSports chose another line of reasoning. I brought to attention that using ESPN for player positions next year had its drawbacks for me to be able to participate because ESPN player rosters are not available for cellphones and how it could affect the draft flow, but no response from that post from other teams, so what is to be assumed? Adding teams after the draft started is the oddest rule I have ever heard of, but it happened. It left a loophole. I will address those issues again for next year, if we do this again. NYSports and I do not see eye to eye on several things, but I will offer support that decisions will be made for betterment of the league. Admiral, your post deserves attention, you have a point that is valid and if not taken care of will possibly cause problems later. My response is due to the fact, when people voce concerns and there is no response, then what is assumed? But my concern is also the fine line between the league having already drafted players and rules are still being changed.

+1

toad455

PostPosted: 05/07/19 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Mojo wrote:
I spoke out that we started the draft way too early but NYSports chose another line of reasoning. I brought to attention that using ESPN for player positions next year had its drawbacks for me to be able to participate because ESPN player rosters are not available for cellphones and how it could affect the draft flow, but no response from that post from other teams, so what is to be assumed? Adding teams after the draft started is the oddest rule I have ever heard of, but it happened. It left a loophole. I will address those issues again for next year, if we do this again. NYSports and I do not see eye to eye on several things, but I will offer support that decisions will be made for betterment of the league. Admiral, your post deserves attention, you have a point that is valid and if not taken care of will possibly cause problems later. My response is due to the fact, when people voce concerns and there is no response, then what is assumed? But my concern is also the fine line between the league having already drafted players and rules are still being changed.

+1

Agreed about adding a team after the draft started. But I like that we're even at 10.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Mojo wrote:

+1

Agreed about adding a team after the draft started. But I like that we're even at 10.

Im just going with the flow everything seems cool besides the obvious adding additional teams during. I just wish i was one of those teams so dont mind me Laughing

PostPosted: 05/07/19 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow way to make a person feel welcome. Sad

These last couple of pages are giving me De Ja Vu to the 2017 fantasy game and it is not a coincidence that there wasn't a 2018 fantasy game.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/07/19 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will respond to the complaints about various things, most specifically the expansion in a few days. My next few days are miserable, and I don't have time right now to do anything but make my pick, and conduct the waiver procedure.

Let's have fun people! I am as competetive as anyone, but the spirit of this league is one of getting some RebKell folk together to enjoy themselves. Let's not lose sight of what this is all about. Maybe I'll do something that you won't like. Please don't act like it's the end of the world; refs make bad calls sometimes, and there is very little at stake here. I always try to explain my rationale, and I hope that it will be evident to everyone that I try extremely hard to be fair and impartial.

OK, I've already spent too much time on this. Let's finish up--you're up, Admiral Needa.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/07/19 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One more thing to all the people who are up in arms about rules changes: check out the rules on the first post and tell me what's missing. Tell me where there are loopholes. I have done my best, but I'm sure I haven't thought of everything. Let's get this as tight as possible before the season begins.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/19 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks NYsports your very much appreciated. Gives me something extra to look forward to this season!

PostPosted: 05/08/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is now 3:27 EDT, more than 24 hours after the last pick. Admiral Needa was supposed to have picked by this time. The draft will continue without him. It is now my pick, but I can't remember who I'm taking until I get home, probably around 5. Admiral Needa is free to interrupt and make a pick at any time, including now before I draft.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/08/19 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go big or go home... Idea Arrow

With the 95th pick, Admiral_Needa Selects Han Xu (C, New York)
    <iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rTNt0Jfsh1k?start=44" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was really tough for me to pass on Han Xu with the Ji su park pick . I hope i dont regret it!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 19 of 43

Jump to: