RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor accepts invitation to visit White House
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/30/19 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I think it is worth for them to show up just for this picture.

Trump surrounded by a room full of young women looking at him like he is crazy is priceless.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/30/19 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
And served them fast food trash.

When he did it for the NCAA Division I ((Clemson) and FCS (North Dakota State) football champions , I believe it came about because of the government shutdown and not having anyone to make the food (although they could have ordered some other cuisine catered). I'd like to know what the reasoning is for continuing to do it.

Business Insider says:
Quote:
Trump first served fast food to Clemson after the team won the college-football national championship. They visited the White House during the government shutdown, and thus, the White House catered fast food. The spread got so much attention that it now seems to be the standard meal.

I don't believe it was good attention.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/30/19 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim Mulkey: "First of all, thank you for inviting us, and we would like to present you with one of our jerseys".

Trump: "Wow I love that".

KM: "And uh, it may not be the right size, maybe Melania will wear it.

DT: "I'll give it to Melania. You know, I love those short sleeves. Such beautiful arms" <strokes his arm> "Great definition".

KM: "Like I said, Melania may look better in it".

<Trump laughs and points at her>

I don't know that I can recall Trump laughing before.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/30/19 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Well, Kim looks happy.

I'd call her expression "Let's get this over with."

Kim and team sure smiled in 2012's White House visit.
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/president-barack-obama-welcomes-2012-ncaa-womens-news-photo/148565618

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/30/19 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another glorious repast.

PostPosted: 05/03/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lDxY6AczDu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The young lady in the plaid slacks standing behind trump seems to need to go to the bathroom. She keeps putting her hands between her legs and the camera man kept putting the camera on her. Shame on him/her.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/03/19 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lDxY6AczDu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The young lady in the plaid slacks standing behind trump seems to need to go to the bathroom. She keeps putting her hands between her legs and the camera man kept putting the camera on her. Shame on him/her.

She is standing right next to Trump. Would be hard to not have her in the picture.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/03/19 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:

She is standing right next to Trump. Would be hard to not have her in the picture.

I'm thinking any female standing that close to Trump should probably be 'on guard.'

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 05/04/19 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The young lady in the plaid slacks standing behind trump seems to need to go to the bathroom. She keeps putting her hands between her legs and the camera man kept putting the camera on her

Ex-Ref wrote:
I'm thinking any female standing that close to Trump should probably be 'on guard.'
Laughing Laughing

Really. He DOES have a reputation as a .... *grabber*. Razz

PostPosted: 05/04/19 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/president-donald-trump-reaches-out-to-chloe-jackson-while-news-photo/1145915793

Getty Images URL tells the story. Mad

Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/19 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/05/19 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor really disrepect these young ladies with making them go to the White House to meet Trump. After all these ladies did to bring a title to Baylor this is low down move by this program & don't be suprise if it impacts recruitment. Trump really serve them fast food when he has the resources to have someone cook them a 5 course meal smh.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 05/06/19 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's more to aWashington, D.C. trip than just meeting the President.

Former Rep. Chet Edwards was Baylor's personal tour guide throughout the U.S. Capitol Sunday evening. They paid a visit to the Statuary Hall, Rotunda, Old Supreme Court Chamber and sat on the House of Representatives floor.

"All the history that goes on in this building," Lauren Cox said. "The decisions that are made, the people that have been here. It's just great to get a VIP tour behind-the-scenes look at everything."
https://www.kcentv.com/article/sports/baylor-lady-bears-sic-the-white-house-meet-president-trump/500-c3184cd5-2db7-48a3-a2df-f90920ac453a

The Trump's White House fast food is being called "the now-traditional meal" by SI.
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2019/04/29/baylor-white-house-fast-food-donald-trump-national-championship

TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 05/06/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Baylor really disrepect these young ladies with making them go to the White House to meet Trump. After all these ladies did to bring a title to Baylor this is low down move by this program & don't be suprise if it impacts recruitment. Trump really serve them fast food when he has the resources to have someone cook them a 5 course meal smh.

Trump's an idiot, but you can't really believe a free trip to Washington DC is a negative recruiting thing can you?

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/08/19 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

Trump's an idiot, but you can't really believe a free trip to Washington DC is a negative recruiting thing can you?

agree. it's a bit like pimping but still I'm sure the whole thing was an awesome experience for them. When I was 16, I won a contest and was able to spend a week with my Congressman and family in DC. Mostly his wife did the site seeing stuff but he also introduced me to Senators and toured around the Capitol building and I got to sit in while some legislation was being debated. I remember being astonished at how rude they were to each other on the floor. My politics did not correspond with his then, (and would even less now) but still that week was certainly a highlight of my youth, being a poor kid from Timbuctu.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: