Chicago Sky 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/30/19 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams traded for a PF.

Who? Who are they getting to make a deal like that worthwhile?

Lavender?

The Sparks would probably love that, but Chicago already has enough centers they’re trying to play at PF. They have Liberty-itis.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/30/19 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d keep Gabby Williams for what it’s worth.

I think she could be Draymond Greenish..

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/30/19 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Lavender?

I'd do that in a heartbeat if I were LA. She's cheap for three more years, and her lack of shooting would be mitigated by the range of their posts. But would Lavender really help Chicago? She's more of a 5, her only offense is jacking long twos, and she could be an awkward fit next to someone like Dolson or even Cheyenne Parker. I'd rather wait and see if Williams flourishes.

PostPosted: 04/30/19 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Lavender?

I'd do that in a heartbeat if I were LA. She's cheap for three more years, and her lack of shooting would be mitigated by the range of their posts. But would Lavender really help Chicago? She's more of a 5, her only offense is jacking long twos, and she could be an awkward fit next to someone like Dolson or even Cheyenne Parker. I'd rather wait and see if Williams flourishes.

Yes, Lavender is a former All-Star who can spread the floor with her ability to hit from outside. She also runs the floor extremely well for a big and has decent hands. She would work perfectly in tandem with a traditional post like Dolson or Cheyenne Parker, who prefer to bang in the middle and make their money in the paint.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/30/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G. Williams for Zahui B might work for both teams

NY needs a small forward and if you played Gabby between a no real PG back-court of Durr/Nurse and Charles upfront there might be enough shooting to work around Gabby and let her do her thing with slashing and defense.

Zahui B has the mid/long range to compliment Dolson and gives you shooting at all 5 spots which might be the Chicago plan.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/30/19 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Lavender?

Yes, Lavender is a former All-Star who can spread the floor with her ability to hit from outside. She also runs the floor extremely well for a big and has decent hands. She would work perfectly in tandem with a traditional post like Dolson or Cheyenne Parker, who prefer to bang in the middle and make their money in the paint.

Maybe she used to, and maybe she'd rediscover some of that given more floor time to get comfortable, but I don't think we've seen much of that in a couple of years now. And she's 30 - this also could just be the downswing of her career arc.

PostPosted: 04/30/19 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Lavender?

Maybe she used to, and maybe she'd rediscover some of that given more floor time to get comfortable, but I don't think we've seen much of that in a couple of years now. And she's 30 - this also could just be the downswing of her career arc.

Agreed. I was trying my best salesman pitch and in the process unload a large salary and fill our gaping hole at the 3 position.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/30/19 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Agreed. I was trying my best salesman pitch and in the process unload a large salary and fill our gaping hole at the 3 position.

Heh, sorry, that flew right by my head. Too much time hanging around on twitter where the crazy fanboys/girls would happily say stuff like that in complete seriousness.

PostPosted: 05/04/19 9:24 am    ::: Chicago Sky’s first-round pick has serious star power Reply Reply with quote

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/meet-katie-lou-samuelson-chicago-skys-first-round-pick-has-serious-star-power/

Quote:
Samuelson has the “it” factor. She was embraced by the Connecticut fan base for her shooting and personality. Samuelson has more than 18,000 followers on Twitter, and her top-knot bun has its own account, @33KLSBun, run by an anonymous fan.

“With the opportunity that I was presented with at UConn, I did a good job of just trying to connect with as many people as I could and being friendly to fans and stuff like that,” Samuelson said. “I think that’s helped me gain those types of followers.

“In the WNBA, we’re trying to reach different audiences and different fans. I think whoever can help with that, we’re all trying to do it. If I can help with Chicago or anything else, I’ll definitely be excited to assist in any way that I can.”

stever

PostPosted: 05/04/19 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple of previews:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sky-training-camp-preview-2019-wade-puts-emphasis-on-finding-team-identity/

https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2019/5/4/18516641/wnba-chicago-sky-season-preview-courtney-vandersloot-diamond-deshields

stever

PostPosted: 05/07/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wh3bbtTzId0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Genero36

PostPosted: 05/08/19 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Training camp/minimum contracts do not count against the cap until season starts and they make team.

PostPosted: 05/08/19 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky waive Leslie Robinson and Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpanah

PostPosted: 05/09/19 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sFtePJAvpBs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 05/10/19 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hTnBifOngNk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 05/10/19 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*duplicate*

Last edited by tfan on 05/10/19 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
willtalk

PostPosted: 05/10/19 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

Heh, sorry, that flew right by my head. Too much time hanging around on twitter where the crazy fanboys/girls would happily say stuff like that in complete seriousness.

Actually there is a lot of truth in that. The problem with Lavender in respect to LA is that she is not a traditional center and is more of a forward who they just play at center in the pinch. She can extend the floor. All she needs to do is just step out a bit more so that she doesn't stride inside the 3pt line. LA does not need her because they are loaded with forwards playing the center position. I always say Lavender is a poor mans version of Parker and there for she is redundent for the Sparks. Vadeeva is more of a center who can play forward. Lavender is more of a forward who can play center in a pinch
. She would be more suited to a team that has traditional centers because she plays on the outside on offense leaving the center for the centers.

She could be of value to the right team, just not the Sparks. It would be an ideal trade for the Sparks if they could trade her for a 3. Right now for them she is just extra baggage that they really have no use for other than the fact that she has a guarenteed contract. Now that they have picked up Chiney they really need to unload a post to someone. Some other team could get a deal in respect to Lavender provided she fit their team need.

PostPosted: 05/10/19 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
The problem with Lavender in respect to LA is that she is not a traditional center and is more of a forward who they just play at center in the pinch.

It’s funny that of all the post players on the Sparks you describe Lavender in this way. She was the most traditional center in college. Seems to have added distance to her game since then. Isn’t that how it always work? Players work on adding versatility to their games.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 05/10/19 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
willtalk wrote:
The problem with Lavender in respect to LA is that she is not a traditional center and is more of a forward who they just play at center in the pinch.

It’s funny that of all the post players on the Sparks you describe Lavender in this way. She was the most traditional center in college. Seems to have added distance to her game since then. Isn’t that how it always work? Players work on adding versatility to their games.

It's adding versatility if she continues to play in the post as well as shoot from distance. It's becoming a forward if she stops playing in the post and only shoots from distance. So the question is, how often does she post up on offense as a Los Angeles Spark?

stever

PostPosted: 05/11/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That time when Cheyenne Parker bought her Mom a house:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/housewarming-mother-daughter-tale-cheyenne-parkers-strength-comes-from-mom/

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
That time when Cheyenne Parker bought her Mom a house:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/housewarming-mother-daughter-tale-cheyenne-parkers-strength-comes-from-mom/

Thanks for sharing that article.

PostPosted: 05/12/19 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheyenne Parker is my pick to win MIP. Parker IMO is the best option to start at PF. She has really worked on her game/conditioning during the WNBA offseason. I expect to see a big improvement on the defensive side of the ball. I hope coach Wade doesn't pencil KLS in as the starting PF without giving Parker a fair chance to win the job.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/12/19 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Cheyenne Parker is my pick to win MIP. Parker IMO is the best option to start at PF. She has really worked on her game/conditioning during the WNBA offseason. I expect to see a big improvement on the defensive side of the ball. I hope coach Wade doesn't pencil KLS in as the starting PF without giving Parker a fair chance to win the job.

I didn't even recognize her when I first saw her in the training camp videos, she's looking great. I don't think she'll win MIP given that she was already a candidate last year.

KLS off the bench makes a lot of sense - Wade seems high on her potential to fill different roles in the lineup.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/12/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker really needs to be the starting PF. Williams is undersized. If she can control her fouls this season, she'll be a force inside.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 05/13/19 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I didn't even recognize her when I first saw her in the training camp videos, she's looking great. I don't think she'll win MIP given that she was already a candidate last year.

KLS off the bench makes a lot of sense - Wade seems high on her potential to fill different roles in the lineup.

I got a lot of backlash last season when I said C.Parker wasn't in the best shape. I'm happy she dedicated herself during the offseason to improving her conditioning and working on her overall game. Hopefully, Parker's improved conditiong translates to the defensive side of the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 13 of 22

Jump to: