RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Got G.o.T.?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/03/19 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cersei will be killed by the one and only character who has remained loyal to her from the first season, Gregor Clegane.

PostPosted: 05/04/19 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cersei will be killed by the one and only character who has remained loyal to her from the first season, Gregor Clegane.

interesting. motive?

PostPosted: 05/04/19 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
pilight wrote:

interesting. motive?

Something involving Qyburn. She'll order the Mountain to take him out and that will be the step he can't take. Either that or his brother will find a way to reach him. Maybe they'll bond over their scarred faces.

PostPosted: 05/04/19 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sambista wrote:
pilight wrote:

interesting. motive?

Something involving Qyburn. She'll order the Mountain to take him out and that will be the step he can't take. Either that or his brother will find a way to reach him. Maybe they'll bond over their scarred faces.

yeah, i think both are plausible.

or . . . maybe she'll die in the most insignificant way, at the hands of a most insignificant person. like she took on the strongest of the strong, the most powerful, then some little waif trips her on the stairs and she breaks her neck. hahahahaha!

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/05/19 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cersei is stabbed by jamie during one last fuck...

PostPosted: 05/05/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know of another live video post-show discussion ?

Tyt.com is pretty good.

PostPosted: 05/06/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How did I miss the Starbucks coffee cup in front of the Kahleesi at 18:00??!!

How did the editors?

PostPosted: 05/07/19 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

How did the editors?

omg. now i gotta look again, and i've already watched it three times.

PostPosted: 05/07/19 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colbert spoofed it in his pre-show intro.

PostPosted: 05/07/19 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

How did the editors?

HBO has digitally removed it.

PostPosted: 05/07/19 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sambista wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

How did the editors?

HBO has digitally removed it.

not before i downloaded the epi, i bet. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 05/07/19 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game of Thrones Settles on Its Final Theme: Women are the Real Problem (Tom and Lorenzo)
https://tomandlorenzo.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-settles-on-its-final-theme-women-are-the-real-problem/

"After such a massive, game-changing battle, it made sense to give the characters some room to breathe – even if the first two episodes of this season did nothing but give the characters that same room. It’s what came after those first twenty well-directed minutes that left a sour taste."

--- Brienne went from a Knight of the Seven Kingdoms to a heartbroken woman weeping in her bathrobe for her man to stay.

--- Jaime tossed out years worth of character development to announce that he’s irredeemable after all.

--- Varys and Tyrion spend years supporting Daenerys and singing her praises as the One True Queen only to decide they’d rather have the first person-with-a-cock available for the job – even though he doesn’t want it and has a history of abdicating.

--- Tyrion utters the completely ludicrous sentiment “I know you’re not a monster” to Cersei, after eight seasons of her proving the exact opposite over and over again.

--- Sansa tells The Hound that her years of rapes, beatings and being terrorized were ultimately great for her.

--- Arya leaves her family with the intention of never seeing them again without so much as a goodbye after several episodes of tearful reunions and intense family bonding.

--- The only black female character on the show (and one of only two people of color in the cast) is put in chains before she’s beheaded so that other characters can feel mad and take action.

--- After several seasons of the show course-correcting from its beating-the-whores early seasons and elevating most of its female characters into becoming more fully rounded, it seems the show is heading into its final hours having settled on the theme of “Bitches be crazy.”

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-settles-on-its-final-theme-women-are-the-real-problem/

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 05/09/19 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 eps left.

will this week be war prep only, or will the battle begin? will the war come down to the battle of the Brothers Clegane?

will arya be the ultimate victor, finishing off the Mountain, avenging the Hound, then shivving Cersei the C?

Or, does evil prevail? Confused

PostPosted: 05/13/19 2:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well. all i can say - for now, after one viewing at 2 a.m. my time - is that this is why GoT is so special. and it's not just the huge sums of money that went into production but the thoughtfulness regarding storyline(s) and impact. i loved the aftershow (dunno what it's called), in which they explained why they focused on arya for some of the destruction scenes.

but when exactly did arya change from that confident, brave assassin to the scared young girl running from disaster? what triggered that? i must've missed something. i mean, yeah - it became clear that even she couldn't fight that terror, but it was the look on her face that said she wasn't so self-assured (that she'd escape).

PostPosted: 05/13/19 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The writing this season has been terrible. If one of my students had handed this in, I would have given it back and told them it needs major rewriting or they're going to fail

Characters are making decisions that are unearned and devoid of all growth that they have spent years developing. It basically leaves you asking what the point of the last 10 years was...

PostPosted: 05/13/19 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
The writing this season has been terrible. If one of my students had handed this in, I would have given it back and told them it needs major rewriting or they're going to fail

Characters are making decisions that are unearned and devoid of all growth that they have spent years developing. It basically leaves you asking what the point of the last 10 years was...

If you feel like, would you cite some examples?

For example, I don't have a problem with Jaime's decision to blow off Brienne in order to return to his one and only. He said he wanted to die in her arms. And he did.

Is it Dany laying King's Landing to waste rather than being the benevolent ruler she claimed to be and, generally, had been?

Varys' betrayal of Dany?

Tyrion's attempt to save his siblings?

1 dragon wiping out everything in 15 mins? lol.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Is it Dany laying King's Landing to waste rather than being the benevolent ruler she claimed to be and, generally, had been?

Daenerys Targaryen had a list of cruel behavior and war crimes before this episode that stretched a mile long. She happily watched her brother die, had people locked in a vault to suffer a slow death, burnt countless people alive, had people crucified and fed to her dragons because they were from the same class that owned slaves and/or ran the Sons of the Harpies when we never have any proof these people actually committed crimes or even took part in slavery, and wanted to have her dragons burn down the cities which returned to their old ways once she “freed” them. This is the person who talked about “breaking the wheel” and establishing a new fairer world… yet lived in a giant pyramid amid luxury while she tried to enforce a military occupation of a city she understood nothing about and had just up-ended society in which as a result descended into anarchy and deaths of countless civilians.

Why is it such a shock that this person who’s constantly talked as though she was personally betrayed because the people of Westeros wouldn’t bow to her, effectively a foreigner at the head of a foreign army, the moment she appeared and waiting to betray her again in favor of Jon would slaughter a city, when the likely thought process she has is that they deserve it when they could’ve surrendered months ago without her armies (and now friends) dying? They should’ve just understood she’s their “rightful” queen and would always win and surrendered, as though the common folk of Westeros have any power.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Daenerys Targaryen had a list of cruel behavior and war crimes before this episode that stretched a mile long. She happily watched her brother die, had people locked in a vault to suffer a slow death, burnt countless people alive, had people crucified and fed to her dragons because they were from the same class that owned slaves and/or ran the Sons of the Harpies when we never have any proof these people actually committed crimes or even took part in slavery, and wanted to have her dragons burn down the cities which returned to their old ways once she “freed” them. This is the person who talked about “breaking the wheel” and establishing a new fairer world… yet lived in a giant pyramid amid luxury while she tried to enforce a military occupation of a city she understood nothing about and had just up-ended society in which as a result descended into anarchy and deaths of countless civilians.

Why is it such a shock that this person who’s constantly talked as though she was personally betrayed because the people of Westeros wouldn’t bow to her, effectively a foreigner at the head of a foreign army, the moment she appeared and waiting to betray her again in favor of Jon would slaughter a city, when the likely thought process she has is that they deserve it when they could’ve surrendered months ago without her armies (and now friends) dying? They should’ve just understood she’s their “rightful” queen and would always win and surrendered, as though the common folk of Westeros have any power.

Did her brother abuse her?

PostPosted: 05/13/19 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

yeah, no.

i completely get this track. nothing changes, same old shit . . . pick your adage. people resorted to their core characters. even arya, hero of heroes, who i thought could never again face something that would terrify her, looked most like that scared little girl running from the guardsmen while her sword master tried to fend them off. i looked at the king in the north, still clueless as ever, and thought, "you still know nothing, jon snow!" yeah, jaime was more realistic to me as the dog he was at the outset than a guy who'd somehow magically become a good, decent human being deep down. even the hound couldn't let it rest.

decisions that are unearned? these were decisions coming by their characters' natural inclinations.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gawd, i love the nyt's day-after summaries.

Quote:
We talked at length last week about how the show has methodically broken down Daenerys in order to push her to the brink of madness — or some behavioral approximation thereof — culminating with Missandei’s beheading. On Sunday the last straw seemed to be Jon’s spilling his Targaryen secret and then essentially telling her, “I do love you but, ew, I can’t …”

“Let it be fear then,” she replied stoically.

But honestly, by then it was already a done deal. She’d sequestered herself in Dragonstone, her hair heartbreakingly disheveled in Missandei’s absence, and her overall look veering into Mad Queen Chic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/arts/television/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-bells.html

PostPosted: 05/13/19 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

two more bits from the same piece:

Quote:
As for Cersei, well she can perhaps take solace from the poetic symmetry of dying on Mother’s Day after her father, Tywin, died on Father’s Day at the end of Season 4.

Quote:
You know who I’m guessing really didn’t like this episode? All those parents who named their daughters Khaleesi.

hahahahahahaha!

PostPosted: 05/13/19 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks for that link!

there's also Talk of Thrones on twitter. It used to follow the show on hbo.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was I the only one who wasn't sure Drogon would kick total ass? I kept fearing he'd get nailed by a Scorpion.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
even arya, hero of heroes

Arya is not a hero. There are no heroes in the world of Westeros.

There ain't no good guys. There ain't no bad guys. There's only kings and queens and they just disagree.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hero noun (1)
he·​ro | \ ˈhir-(ˌ)ō \
plural heroes
Definition of hero (Entry 1 of 3)
1a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability
b : an illustrious warrior
c : a person admired for achievements and noble qualities
d : one who shows great courage
2a : the principal character in a literary or dramatic work —used specifically of a principal male character especially when contrasted with heroine
A special feature was the cliff-hanger ending when hero, heroine, or both found themselves confronting a violent demise …

Yeah, Arya is a hero(ine).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: