PF: Breland/Billings/Kizer
C: Williams/McGee-Stafford/Gulich/Mengran
IR: McCoughtry
SUSPENDED: Yueru

Twitter: @TBRBWAY

Last edited by toad455 on 04/11/19 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cazorla's Tweet announcement got scrubbed by the Dream. We didn't pull a Yacoubou, did we?

Randy

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
Cazorla's Tweet announcement got scrubbed by the Dream. We didn't pull a Yacoubou, did we?

Looks like it is back. She is listed with the other players obtained tonite.

chinafan

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

What about Sun - do you think she will still be coming this year?

Why sign her if she’s not coming over?

Correct. But it's just a training camp invite? Can anyone tell me how many spots are up for grabs for training camp hopefuls?

Randy

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chinafan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Correct. But it's just a training camp invite? Can anyone tell me how many spots are up for grabs for training camp hopefuls?

Angel*, Williams, Breland and Billings are locks. Then Dream have Imani, Kizer, Gulich and Sun Mengran competing for 2 or 3 spots.

Hayes, Sykes, Bentley and Montgomery are locks, leaving 1 or 2 spots open for Dietrick and draft picks/training camp contract players.

12 spots at most.

*Injured but guaranteed contract.

chinafan

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
chinafan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Angel*, Williams, Breland and Billings are locks. Then Dream have Imani, Kizer, Gulich and Sun Mengran competing for 2 or 3 spots.

Hayes, Sykes, Bentley and Montgomery are locks, leaving 1 or 2 spots open for Dietrick and draft picks/training camp contract players.

12 spots at most.

*Injured but guaranteed contract.

Thanks friend!

Shades

PostPosted: 04/11/19 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good vids!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QmRar_H2pOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ma8w5nTem-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 04/11/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good ones Shades. Thanks for posting.

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/12/19 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just noting the Coffey trade here. (for 2020 2nd, in the 3-way deal with Trader Bill and the Liberty)

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-acquire-nia-coffey-in-trade/

Quote:
“We are very excited to add Nia Coffey to our roster,” said head coach Nicki Collen. “Her combination of toughness, athleticism and skill will give us versatility at both the small forward and power forward position.”

The trade is part of a three-way deal with the New York Liberty and the Las Vegas Aces. The Dream will convey its Second Round pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft to New York and in turn, the Liberty will send Sugar Rodgers to Las Vegas, and the Aces will send Coffey to Atlanta.

“We believe her best basketball is still ahead of her and her work ethic at both ends of the floor will be an asset to the Dream roster,” Collen said.

~lw3

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/18/19 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream sign Meme Jackson to a training camp contract.
https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-sign-jackson-to-training-camp-contract/

pilight

PostPosted: 04/29/19 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream Theme song contest

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-announces-dream-theme-song-contest/

Quote:
Details:
• Minimum of 30 seconds
• Any genre is welcome
• Lyrics must be clean
• Must be uploaded to YouTube and submitted online at dream.wnba.com/dream-theme-submission
• All entries due by midnight May 20, 2019

PostPosted: 05/01/19 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob & LaChina are out!

https://highposthoops.com/2019/05/01/changes-coming-atlanta-dream-telecasts-rathbun-robinson/

Quote:
According to a source familiar with the negotiations, the Dream offered Rathbun and Robinson a chance to stay on at a pay cut of approximately 35 percent. Both have declined.

PostPosted: 05/01/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dream Theme song contest

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-announces-dream-theme-song-contest/

Quote:
Details:
• Minimum of 30 seconds
• Any genre is welcome
• Lyrics must be clean
• Must be uploaded to YouTube and submitted online at dream.wnba.com/dream-theme-submission
• All entries due by midnight May 20, 2019

The WNBA needs to do this. If they're too cheap to create an original theme song, they should start a world wide fan contest.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/01/19 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Bob & LaChina are out!

https://highposthoops.com/2019/05/01/changes-coming-atlanta-dream-telecasts-rathbun-robinson/

Quote:
According to a source familiar with the negotiations, the Dream offered Rathbun and Robinson a chance to stay on at a pay cut of approximately 35 percent. Both have declined.

Literally the only broadcast team I really liked. Crying or Very sad

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/01/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
pilight wrote:
Bob & LaChina are out!

Quote:

Literally the only broadcast team I really liked. Crying or Very sad

They were definitely one of the best, maybe THE best, and enjoyable to listen to... I'm glad they refused the pay cut. That's just ridiculous.

- Amanda Gorman
BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/02/19 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the part I wonder about:

a financial decision that comes along with a choice to pull the games from Fox Sports South, the Dream’s longtime television carrier.

So will my Dream be on TV? I was spoiled by having almost all the Dream home games on TV, especially when they were at McCamish. If I lived closer, I could go to more games, but I liked being able to watch. Sadness Sad

Shades

PostPosted: 05/02/19 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
While the Dream paid Fox Sports South to broadcast the games, rather than receiving any money for broadcasting rights, Fox Sports South also provided significant promotional push, including on Braves, Hawks and Atlanta United telecasts, not to mention the significant social reach of both Rathbun and Robinson.

This I never knew. And you wonder why teams aren’t making money.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 05/02/19 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will miss Bob and LaChina, but that must have been quite an expense - paying to broadcast games (but do they get some of the commercial money?) and paying for two name announcers - for a team that I don't think has ever had a jersey sponsor, and doesn't have good attendance. I guess the teams are obligated to have at least one announcer for the WNBA League Pass games, but that can go to one or two college students (or recent graduates) who want to get into broadcasting.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/03/19 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream Training Camp Roster:

Alex Bentley
Monique Billings
Jessica Breland
Maite Cazorla
Nia Coffey
Blake Dietrick
Marie Gulich (sorry I don't know how to do umlauts on here)
Tiffany Hayes
Meme Jackson
Lynetta Kizer
Angel McCoughtry
Imani McGee-Stafford
Renee Montgomery
Haley Peters
Brittney Sykes
Elizabeth Williams

That's 16 players, but we know Angel will be on IR or whatever for the first several months.

Are we thinking it's mostly last year's team that will make it? Any surprise cuts or surprise keeps y'all think will happen? It's a very solid core group. I am most worried about the 3, but you have very good 1, 2, 4, 5 and solid backups off the bench (although Bentley can cover the 1 or 2, there's not a solid 1 AND 2 off the bench)

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/03/19 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Are we thinking it's mostly last year's team that will make it? Any surprise cuts or surprise keeps y'all think will happen? It's a very solid core group. I am most worried about the 3, but you have very good 1, 2, 4, 5 and solid backups off the bench (although Bentley can cover the 1 or 2, there's not a solid 1 AND 2 off the bench)

There's obviously some fluidity, but splitting it by position I ended up with something like:

Montgomery/Bentley/Cazorla
Hayes/Sykes/Dietrick
McCoughtry/Coffey/Peters/Jackson
Breland/Billings/Kizer
Williams/McGee-Stafford/Gulich

I'd agree that the primary issue is at the 3, because without McCoughtry every other option there is some kind of combo. Either you're small with an extra guard, or big with someone who's also played some 4. Jackson looks like the easiest cut, then maybe Cazorla and Dietrick are fighting for one emergency guard spot. Then it's probably cut any two from Peters, Kizer, McGee-Stafford and Gulich (all assuming they're carrying McCoughtry as one of the 12, otherwise you get to keep an extra).

PostPosted: 05/08/19 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Training camp/minimum contracts do not count against the cap until season starts and they make team.

PostPosted: 05/09/19 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have any of the other "Fox" Sports regional affiliates (Fever, Merc, Lynx...?) released a TV schedule yet? Anything STIRR-ing, at all?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dbloom/2019/05/08/sinclair-to-stirr-former-fox-sports-shows-into-online-service/#1b4cc0305654

Quote:
Ripley held out the possibility that some game telecasts from the RSNs might also find their way onto STIRR, though he cautioned that decision is off in the future. For now, STIRR remains ad-supported and freely available, so it can build viewership and drive advertising operations. That could change eventually.

"The technology does provide the ability for pay walls to subscription-based programming," Ripley said. "It's something that probably won’t be turned on in the near term because we’re trying to build a user base, but it’s absolutely on the product plan. On an authenticated basis, we might populate games (onto STIRR) as well, but that’s to be determined."

The Mickey-to-Sinclair sale of the FS regional sports networks is giving me the heebie jeebies. I'm just glad Bawb and LaChina won't be around to get handed any "READ THIS OPINION PIECE OR ELSE!" directives during the games.

EDIT: I do see FS Arizona/AZ Plus confirmed for the Merc a few days ago. Just 7 games, incl. 2 possibly on tape delay after MLB games, but better than none, I guess.

~lw3

Last edited by lethalweapon3 on 05/09/19 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 05/09/19 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to my ticket rep, the Dream won't be on Fox Sports South this season

PostPosted: 05/09/19 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
According to my ticket rep, the Dream won't be on Fox Sports South this season

I appreciate the heads-up! Things sure weren't sounding good. I do wonder if there's a super-local provider like PeachtreeTV or GPB that might dip their toe into this for a few games, or if it's just too late for that.

~lw3

BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/09/19 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's what I figured, especially after I saw that the Dream had to pay to get the games on. I do hate that. I'm not exactly down the road and I am trying to be more careful with my non-essential spending.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: