RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 Late Training Camp Arrivals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/27/19 5:04 pm    ::: 2019 Late Training Camp Arrivals Reply Reply with quote

We are a little over a week away so we should probably run down the leagues that will still be playing by then. Unless any more players are signed from the lesser known leagues, only five countries need to be tracked.

Turkey is in the semifinals, which may finish before camp so I guess we can update that later.

Hungary could also be done a few days before camp so I guess we can wait until midweek to get a clearer picture.

Italy will have the finals finish on either the 7th, 9th, or 12th. The players involved are Dearica Hamby, Allie Quigley, and Jantel Lavender.

Spain will have the finals finish on either the 5th or the 9th. The players involved are Jewell Loyd and Gabby Williams. Maybe also Julia Reisingerova if the Sparks need another post player.

France's playdowns will end on Thursday so Rachel Hollivay will be done by then. We should all be happy that there will be no consolation playoffs this year. Lyon and Lattes Montpellier won today so the earliest either could finish would be on Friday if they lose two in a row. Lyon has Alysha Clark and Lattes Montpellier has Sami Whitcomb. The French Cup Final will be on the 11th so that is the earliest that Bourges and Charleville can finish. Bourges has Marine Johannes, who is expected to wait until after Eurobasket, and Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe if she comes back. Charleville has Haley Peters and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, who has not played in a while. The finals will not finish until either the 14th, 16th, or 23rd.
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/30/19 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turkey is still at Game 4 of the semifinals so we will see if anyone is done in the next two days.

It's the worst case scenario in France as nobody will be done this week. Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis played in a game for the first time in a month or so though so that should be good news for Seattle when she arrives in a few weeks.

Hungary's finals could finish on Thursday, which would mean that Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Candice Dupree, Amanda Zahui B, and Yvonne Turner are done. The third place series finishes on Friday so Reshanda Gray will be done then.
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/01/19 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They’re saying the entire Sun roster will be present at the start of training camp this year. That’ll be a big boost for the team. I think this might be the year the Sun finally make it to the finals again, or at least get past the Round 2 single elimination game. 😃

UK1996

PostPosted: 05/01/19 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
They’re saying the entire Sun roster will be present at the start of training camp this year. That’ll be a big boost for the team. I think this might be the year the Sun finally make it to the finals again, or at least get past the Round 2 single elimination game. 😃

As much as I love Chiney, I think freeing up Jones and allowing Thomas to move back to the 4 will do wonders for them.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/01/19 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

As much as I love Chiney, I think freeing up Jones and allowing Thomas to move back to the 4 will do wonders for them.

Chiney was good. She was very efficient. She was an excellent teammate and lockerroom presense. Those things are very important but I the combo of AThomas and JJones as the starting 4 and 5 were much better than the comba of AThomas and Ogwumike. As long as the team stays healthy this year, I think they’ll go further than last year. Having several star players missing from other teams never hurts either.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/01/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Chiney was good. She was very efficient. She was an excellent teammate and lockerroom presense. Those things are very important but I the combo of AThomas and JJones as the starting 4 and 5 were much better than the comba of AThomas and Ogwumike. As long as the team stays healthy this year, I think they’ll go further than last year. Having several star players missing from other teams never hurts either.

+1

PostPosted: 05/02/19 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hungary's finals finished with a sweep.

Botas lost in Turkey so Elizabeth Williams is free to leave. Cukurova has Chelsea Gray, Kelsey Bone, Astou Ndour, and Kim Mestdagh, who has not played in the last two games. The other series ends Saturday. Galatasaray has Moriah Jefferson and Victoria Macaulay. Fenerbahce has Kelsey Plum, Kiah Stokes, and Bria Hartley with national team duty having an unknown effect as Kia Vaughn and Cecilia Zandalasini are also on the team.
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/03/19 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the updates! Any word on what happened to Sparks signee and Cukurova guard/forward Alina Iagupova?

awhom111

PostPosted: 05/03/19 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only part of the Turkish finals is listed on the schedule with Game 3 on the 13th. Based on that, a Game 4 would probably be on the 15th and a Game 5 would then be on the 18th.

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Thank you so much for the updates! Any word on what happened to Sparks signee and Cukurova guard/forward Alina Iagupova?

I saw the news that she and Liudmyla Naumenko (they are a package deal) left Cukurova, but I never saw any other explanations. Honestly her career has always been a bit weird, with homesickness apparently sometimes being an issue so who knows what is happening.
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/03/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Only part of the Turkish finals is listed on the schedule with Game 3 on the 13th. Based on that, a Game 4 would probably be on the 15th and a Game 5 would then be on the 18th.

WfanFrJmp wrote:

I saw the news that she and Liudmyla Naumenko (they are a package deal) left Cukurova, but I never saw any other explanations. Honestly her career has always been a bit weird, with homesickness apparently sometimes being an issue so who knows what is happening.

Oh wow! Ok gotcha! It is sad because she looked like an intriguing prospect. Thank you so much for the information.

awhom111

PostPosted: 05/04/19 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Galatasaray loses so Moriah Jefferson and Victoria Macaulay are done. Jefferson missed today's game although it sounds like it was a game-time decision.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/05/19 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spain finished in a sweep so those players are all free to come back now. One of the teams in the Brazilian league will be happy that Erika De Souza is committed to return there too.
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/05/19 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poland?

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/05/19 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Poland?

Finished about a week ago. Polkowice waltzed to the title, unsurprisingly.

PostPosted: 05/05/19 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m less concerned about players going in late to training camp. I’m more concerned about the ones not showing up at all but they’re joining later on. Got a list of those?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/06/19 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m less concerned about players going in late to training camp. I’m more concerned about the ones not showing up at all but they’re joining later on. Got a list of those?

Seems like that would be Vadeeva, Johannes, and possibly Hartley and Ndour. The situation with Faulkner is a little hazy, but the indication is that they will go with Prince or as her jersey says, Prints.

This time players with little leverage just haven't been signing with teams with the expectation that they will after the tournament.
Shades

PostPosted: 05/06/19 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Faulkner is all healed up?

How about names like Fagbenle, Zandalisini, and Turner?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/07/19 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Italy is going to a fourth game.

Shades wrote:
Faulkner is all healed up?

How about names like Fagbenle, Zandalisini, and Turner?

Obviously you follow the situation more closely than I do, but is Zandalasini signed? I see her on the training camp roster, but not on any of the signing pages. She does seem likely to head to Italy after her season. If Fagbenle is not there, it's her choice and not related to national team obligations right now. I don't believe that Hungary is in full preparation mode yet so I am not sure about Turner's current status or plans in the near future.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/07/19 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nah, you don't sign Zandalasini until she shows up, because you'd have to suspend her and carry her salary figure on the cap. As an unsigned reserved player she counts as zero. I'm still not entirely sure why Fagbenle appears to be staying home until the Euros, but as someone who cares more about GB than the Lynx I'm perfectly happy with it. Assuming they temporarily suspend her so that she can play later in the season, they'll already have to fit her number in under the cap along with the players actually on the roster.

As always, thanks for this thread awhom111. Always thankfully shorter in non-Worlds/Olympics years.

PostPosted: 05/09/19 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Italy is done without the need for Game 5.

Also unclear when Kiah Stokes will show up now.
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 05/10/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

Bump.

I hope that she is coming over with Chelsea when they finish their series, but, as others have pointed out, she was not on the Sparks training camp roster, while Chelsea was. Any intel would be most appreciated by this Sparks fan who is concerned about the backcourt depth, or lack thereof.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/10/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Bump.

I hope that she is coming over with Chelsea when they finish their series, but, as others have pointed out, she was not on the Sparks training camp roster, while Chelsea was. Any intel would be most appreciated by this Sparks fan who is concerned about the backcourt depth, or lack thereof.

She hasn't played for Cukurova since March, so I don't think there's anything to wait on there. She also wasn't initially named in Ukraine's EuroBasket Women squad, although oddly I've just read today that she's been added to it. I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing her in LA this season.

PostPosted: 05/10/19 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Bump.

She hasn't played for Cukurova since March, so I don't think there's anything to wait on there. She also wasn't initially named in Ukraine's EuroBasket Women squad, although oddly I've just read today that she's been added to it. I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing her in LA this season.

Sigh. Thanks for the response though!
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/10/19 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turkey will go to at least 4 games. The earliest they will be done is the 15th.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/14/19 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

France will go to a 4th game on Thursday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: