RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/27/19 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The first round pick they get from LA will essentially nothing. I wish they would have just told her No. They wouldn't be any worse off, and I want some of these teams show a little fucking backbone.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/27/19 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So they now have Parker, Nneka, Chiney, Lavender and Vadeeva in the post but they still havent re signed their starting PG and they traded their backup PG..

What kind of salary is Chiney on? How are they going to sign Gray with this move?

Lets hope for the Sun that JJ finds back her groove and returns to her allstar form

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/27/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
What kind of salary is Chiney on? How are they going to sign Gray with this move?

Where is Richyyy? He’s the only person I trust regarding salary questions. Laughing

miller40

PostPosted: 04/27/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder what happened. It wasn’t that long ago someone with Sun connections on here was saying Chiney was all in and would always be part of the Sun.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/27/19 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
So they now have Parker, Nneka, Chiney, Lavender and Vadeeva in the post but they still havent re signed their starting PG and they traded their backup PG?

You left out Brown. I’m guessing Parker is now officially an SF, unless Nneka would be better. Probably something like Parker SF on offense with Nneka SF on defense.

Michelle89 wrote:

I’d say a Cambage deal is off the table unless it involves Lavender. How likely would Chiney want to come off the bench should Cambage go to Sparks? That might have been a factor in her wanting to leave CON.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 04/27/19 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
How likely would Chiney want to come off the bench should Cambage go to Sparks? That might have been a factor in her wanting to leave CON.

She's coming off the bench either way

PostPosted: 04/27/19 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

I looked it up and Chiney contract was listed as $119,000 for 2019

No doubt about it they are going to have to dump some salary to sign Gray.

PostPosted: 04/27/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe LA throwing the Towel on cambage and robbed COnn instead. Def no way all these max contracts can exist.

PostPosted: 04/27/19 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut should've told Chiney to go kick rocks. Why are these teams so stupid?......If you have aspirations of winning a championship why would you trade one of your top 2 players to another contender for basically nothing?

tfan

PostPosted: 04/27/19 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I thought Chicago was the forced trade capital of the WNBA. Connecticut is definitely in the mix. Quite the “culture” Miller is brewing out there. So warm, so fuzzy, so many forced trades.

Who are the players besides Chiney Ogwumike that have forced trades under Miller?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/27/19 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This trade smells just like the atypical Rebkell fantasy trade. Hey Wade, you need to call the Dallas front office. They might bite on a Dolson for Cambage trade. Laughing Laughing Cool

PostPosted: 04/27/19 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

I thought Chicago was the forced trade capital of the WNBA. Connecticut is definitely in the mix. Quite the “culture” Miller is brewing out there. So warm, so fuzzy, so many forced trades.

Who are the players besides Chiney Ogwumike that have forced trades under Miller?

Courtney Williams sat out after her 2nd altercation with Alex Bentley and "forced" Miller to trade Bentley.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/27/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

Courtney Williams sat out after her 2nd altercation with Alex Bentley and "forced" Miller to trade Bentley.

Is that it though? Shades said it was the "forced trade capital of the WNBA". Surely there must be more. I wouldn't expect him to exaggerate or incorrectly characterize something in order to throw shade.

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/27/19 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller just gifting that sparks lol
First gray now Annoying Chiney.
Man he sucks.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/27/19 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was Tina Charles. But that was before Miller.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/27/19 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also before Miller if I have it correct both Douglas and Whalen "requested" to be traded to their respective home state teams

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/27/19 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reality is that Connecticut is just not a place young ladies want to be. I don't think it's the team but the location. Girls just want to have fun. Once a player acquires some leverage they will try to use it to get out. It sucks for Sun fans but it is what it is. The same thing happens in the NBA. The Thunder lost a couple players because they did not want to play in Oklahoma. Unless they can win some championships it will not change for the Suns. It's a catch 22 situation.

PostPosted: 04/27/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Also before Miller if I have it correct both Douglas and Whalen "requested" to be traded to their respective home state teams

Nykesha Sales, who is from Connecticut, quit the WNBA rather than continuing to play for the Sun.

PostPosted: 04/27/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Whether it was before Miller or after matters not in characterizing Connecticut as being in the mix for forced trade capital of the WNBA.

I just tossed Miller in there because he’s done nothing to reverse the trend with his bogus “building a culture” mantra. The rate of forced trades are even higher under him. He’s only been there 3 years.

I’m disappointed that the people with a higher WNBA engagement level than tfan (everybody) don’t remember Bone. Couldn’t have been a higher public falling out than that one.

Elizabeth Williams was a mysterious trade. The lottery pick traded after only one year with the team? Wouldn’t it be less disparaging to think of that trade as a forced one instead of stupidity?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/27/19 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Do Sandrine Gruda, Evanthia Maltsi, and Anete Jekabsone-Zogota count? Question

They were some of my favorite 'others' Idea Cool

Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/27/19 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Whether it was before Miller or after matters not in characterizing Connecticut as being in the mix for forced trade capital of the WNBA.

I just tossed Miller in there because he’s done nothing to reverse the trend with his bogus “building a culture” mantra. The rate of forced trades are even higher under him. He’s only been there 3 years.

I’m disappointed that the people with a higher WNBA engagement level than tfan (everybody) don’t remember Bone. Couldn’t have been a higher public falling out than that one.

Elizabeth Williams was a mysterious trade. The lottery pick traded after only one year with the team? Wouldn’t it be less disparaging to think of that trade as a forced one instead of stupidity?

Lexie Brown "forced" her way out of Connecticut too.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/28/19 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so

J. Thomas/Clarendon
C. Williams/Banham
Stricklen/Holmes/Carleton
A. Thomas/Tuck/Anigwe
J. Jones/B. Jones

tfan

PostPosted: 04/28/19 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I am pleased to see you take the less disparaging route.

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/28/19 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I think we can all assume that the Chelsea Gray trade was not forced, but rather just plain stupidity.

PostPosted: 04/28/19 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Well, I think we can all assume that the Chelsea Gray trade was not forced, but rather just plain stupidity.

The Sun did get Jonquel Jones in that deal

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: