RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who do you think the favorites for the title are?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 04/22/19 1:43 pm    ::: Who do you think the favorites for the title are? Reply Reply with quote

So far i’ve heard mystics and sparks

PostPosted: 04/22/19 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury

PostPosted: 04/22/19 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Mercury

+1

PostPosted: 04/22/19 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah im going with the Mercury aswell. Mystics 2nd. Sparks have a new coach so they will need time to adjust.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/22/19 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously this can change if Cambage plays, but right now the Mystics are the favorites (5/2). The Sparks, Sun and Mercury(all 5/1) followed by the Aces and Dream (6/1).

I personally believe that is a little too much respect for the Mystics, but overall I agree with the top 4.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/22/19 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix
Washington
Connecticut
Atlanta

Last edited by zune69 on 04/24/19 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/19 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ironically, the Sun don't have the star power to win it all

PostPosted: 04/22/19 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Mystics
2. Mercury
3. Sparks
4. Dream

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/22/19 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ironically, the Sun don't have the star power to win it all

At least they will have the energy to compete for 40 mins Laughing

PostPosted: 04/22/19 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Wings
2. Refried Wings
3 Lemon Pepper Wings
4 Buffalo Wings
5 Boneless Wings
6 Bone in Wings
7 Bone Out Wings
8 Rotisserie Wings
9 Crispy Wings
10 Spicy Wings
11 Cajun Wings
12 Dallas Wings Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 04/23/19 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with the overall consensus of the Mystics and the Mercury as the front runner

LA with Cambage and Gray moves to the top

My sleeper pick the Aces, Laimbeer and Wilson are going to kill it this season.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/23/19 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to stick with my dark horse pick of Connecticut for the Finals, but I wouldn't consider them to be a 'favorite'.. Confused

For me, favorites are teams that were consistently good last year, have had minimal changes to the chemistry this year, and have added extra talent.

PHO and WAS would therefore be my choices for favorites; And I'd put PHO over WAS because of the Mercury's bigs. Idea

Others.. ATL showed promise, and LA is up in the air with the Cambage trade looming and having a new coach which may alter the chemistry.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/23/19 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I agree with the overall consensus of the Mystics and the Mercury as the front runner

The Aces have all these #1 picks, but they still haven't managed to acquire an above-average center. I'd like to see them kill it, but I doubt they'll be more than slightly better than last year without a trade.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/23/19 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

The Aces have all these #1 picks, but they still haven't managed to acquire an above-average center. I'd like to see them kill it, but I doubt they'll be more than slightly better than last year without a trade.

Wilson is an above average center. Look what happened to South Carolina in 2017 when Coates was lost for the season. She played center, the floor opened up for her to operate in the paint, and they won the NC. This is the same for LV, IMO. I juts think they're a bit too young.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/23/19 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Wilson is an above average center. Look what happened to South Carolina in 2017 when Coates was lost for the season. She played center, the floor opened up for her to operate in the paint, and they won the NC. This is the same for LV, IMO. I juts think they're a bit too young.

No doubt, however with the current state of the league, you're going to need at least 2 good posts to compete for the title... 1 isn't enough anymore. Idea

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/23/19 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Liz ends up in LA, the Sparks easily are the favorites to win.
If not, I have the Mercury as the next most likely.
After that who knows...

The other top contenders are Washington and Connecticut. But neither will win it all. Washington has a head coach that is never able to get over the hump. Connecticut has the talent, but Miller never knows how to use it properly. If Miller figures out how to play combinations of Ogwumike, JJ, and AT on the floor at the same time, and the Sun stay injury free for the most part, I put the Sun up there with the Mercury.

Seattle doesn’t stand a chance without Stewart but should still be a playoff team at least. Atlanta doesn’t stand a chance without McCoughtry but will also be a playoff team. Las Vegas still needs time to cook but they’ll be in the picture by next season. Minnesota has added some decent talent to put them in the playoffs but thats as far as they go. Dallas is still cursed from when they left Detroit. If Liz stays in Dallas and plays like she cares, they could make some noise especially with Agler at the helm and if Diggins returns at some point and can get back into things quickly. New York will continue to be a disaster, as will Indiana, as will Chicago.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/23/19 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
ucbart wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

No doubt, however with the current state of the league, you're going to need at least 2 good posts to compete for the title... 1 isn't enough anymore. Idea

Park's going to have her breakout year before taking off 2020 for the Olympics!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/23/19 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
I'm going to stick with my dark horse pick of Connecticut for the Finals, but I wouldn't consider them to be a 'favorite'.. Confused

For me, favorites are teams that were consistently good last year, have had minimal changes to the chemistry this year, and have added extra talent.

PHO and WAS would therefore be my choices for favorites; And I'd put PHO over WAS because of the Mercury's bigs. Idea

Others.. ATL showed promise, and LA is up in the air with the Cambage trade looming and having a new coach which may alter the chemistry.

Well, the Sun were consistently god last year aside from an injury that kept AT out for 10 games. Had she not missed those 10 games, they’d have won more games. They have had very minimal changes to chemistry this year and have added extra talent in Anigwe (sp?) and Clarendon will be more used to the Sun’s system. A lot of people overlook Clarendon but she’s an outstanding player and has massive positive chemistry with her teammates.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/23/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
ucbart wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Park's going to have her breakout year before taking off 2020 for the Olympics!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Said no one ever...

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/24/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
ucbart wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Wilson is a way above average 4, not a 5. Forcing her to play a 5 isn't going to keep her happy in LAV either.

I think Park is going to be very, very good, but I also think she's about 2-3 years away from that, and who knows what will happen after the Olympics.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/24/19 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the other end, who's everyone's pick to be in the lottery?

Mine:
1. Indiana
2. New York
3. Dallas
4. Chicago or Minnesota

pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/19 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Taurasi out 10-12 weeks, Washington has to be the favorite

PostPosted: 04/25/19 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

How do you figure? If Taurasi comes back healthy, they have her for two-thirds of the season, and she will enter the play-offs with a third less wear and tear than if she had played the full season.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/19 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

How do you figure? If Taurasi comes back healthy, they have her for two-thirds of the season, and she will enter the play-offs with a third less wear and tear than if she had played the full season.

That's a big if. Also, there's no guarantee she'll be 100% when she gets back.

PostPosted: 04/25/19 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

That's a big if. Also, there's no guarantee she'll be 100% when she gets back.

Well, sure. But, at 37, there was no guarantee she would be healthy the whole season.

There is also no guarantee that DelleDonne stays healthy, so Washington can't be the favorite? That's a never-ending rabbit hole.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: