RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 04/19/19 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
If you want to troll a UConn thread at least get your facts straight. It's one thing to be a flamer and/or a troll but there's no need to be an ignorant one also.

And you might wanna consider not taking printed opinions so seriously.

1. Lauren is not/was never a *problem*. That's a smidge of sarcasam pointed at the Sour Grapes folks, re: a Highly Sought After recruit that didn't go to UConn.

2. "Slippage"? DEFINITELY. He doesn't have anyone in ESPN's top ten for this fall. For Geno, that's just about a fall off a cliff. (That's a fact, followed by a metaphor.)

PostPosted: 04/19/19 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to Meg Walker's instagram, Evina Westbrook is with her in Storrs this Easter weekend.

Must be a visit?

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/20/19 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn is definitely interested in Westbrook, and she's a very good player. And with legal help, she could be eligible next year.

PostPosted: 04/20/19 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
UConn is definitely interested in Westbrook, and she's a very good player. And with legal help, she could be eligible next year.

Might that rank as the Only EVER TN-to-UConn transfer?? Shocked

PostPosted: 04/20/19 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Might that rank as the Only EVER TN-to-UConn transfer?? Shocked

The Summitt is out of it's mind right now........haaaaaa

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/20/19 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If UConn has a chance to sign Evina Westbrook, they should high jump at the chance, regardless of whether she has the ideal persona, parents or academics. If UConn doesn't, the transfer vacuum cleaners formerly known as Notre Dame, Louisville, Baylor and Oregon will definitely suck her up -- and then continue to whip the neutered Huskies like dogs.

UConn could use Westbrook immediately -- as a combo 1, 2 or 3 -- and should thus seek a sit-out waiver for her, possibly by hiring Jessica Shepard's lawyer.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/20/19 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meh, whoever wants Evina is welcome to her. She kinda sh@t on the welcome mat at Tennessee.Sorry she did, she had a lot of potential. Perhaps soneone can mold that.

PostPosted: 04/20/19 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not taking up for Westbrook, but when you have an immature coach like Holly who stops coaching during games like a little kid and acts childish, the players are going to be frustrated...it's different when it's someone unproven like Holly was..

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/20/19 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"E" before orangeification:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BNncXAk7mcE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
linkster

PostPosted: 04/21/19 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd guess that video was from HS?

I noticed that the site is called "Pass the Ball" and yet during the entire video I saw dozens of shots and but 2 passes.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/21/19 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She put up decent numbers this past season. I'd take her.

PostPosted: 04/21/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:
If you want to troll a UConn thread at least get your facts straight. It's one thing to be a flamer and/or a troll but there's no need to be an ignorant one also.

1. Lauren is not/was never a *problem*. That's a smidge of sarcasam pointed at the Sour Grapes folks, re: a Highly Sought After recruit that didn't go to UConn.

2. "Slippage"? DEFINITELY. He doesn't have anyone in ESPN's top ten for this fall. For Geno, that's just about a fall off a cliff. (That's a fact, followed by a metaphor.)

Next time you are being sarcastic it would help me if you marked it as such. Thanks

I'm all for intelligent discussion and even some fan rivalry. But the lies drive me crazy. I can go onto any fan board and find a couple of jerks but I don't generalize those couple as being an entire fanbase like you Howee. UConn fans wanted Cox and when she picked Texas they wished her well. Sure, they think she made a mistake but then Stanford fans all think anyone would have to be crazy to turn down an offer for a degree from Stanford. And when it comes to basketball, UConn is Stanford. The admissions standards are high and the work load is intense. But that degree in basketball from UConn is priceless.
I'll bet that UConn BB's (bachelor of basketball) make more money on average than BB's from any other program in the country. Rolling Eyes

LOL All in jest.

linkster

PostPosted: 04/21/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

Next time you are being sarcastic it would help me if you marked it as such. Thanks

I'm all for intelligent discussion and even some fan rivalry. But the lies drive me crazy. I can go onto any fan board and find a couple of jerks but I don't generalize those couple as being an entire fanbase like you Howee. UConn fans wanted Cox and when she picked Texas they wished her well. Sure, they think she made a mistake but then Stanford fans all think anyone would have to be crazy to turn down an offer for a degree from Stanford. And when it comes to basketball, UConn is Stanford. The admissions standards are high and the work load is intense. But that degree in basketball from UConn is priceless.
I'll bet that UConn BB's (bachelor of basketball) make more money on average than BB's from any other program in the country. Rolling Eyes

LOL All in jest.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/21/19 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

LOL All in jest.

Lauren Cox went to Baylor not Texas.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/19 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
. Sure, they think she made a mistake but then Stanford fans all think anyone would have to be crazy to turn down an offer for a degree from Stanford.

Absolutely....looking at you Skylar Diggins! [and see how that turned out! Laughing ]

Davis4632 wrote:

Close enough. Still in that state, for better or worse.

- Amanda Gorman
Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/21/19 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
. Sure, they think she made a mistake but then Stanford fans all think anyone would have to be crazy to turn down an offer for a degree from Stanford.

Absolutely....looking at you Skylar Diggins! [and see how that turned out! Laughing ]

Davis4632 wrote:

Baylor is Baylor and Texas is Texas. If they had similar colors maybe.... no.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/21/19 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Lauren Cox. I wish she would've went to UConn, but can't argue with her personal hardships why she wanted to stay close to home! I don't know why people are bringing her up on a UConn thread and from what I see, it's not even UConn people..it's the trolls as usual!

Howee

PostPosted: 04/21/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
I don't know why people are bringing her up on a UConn thread and from what I see, it's not even UConn people..it's the trolls as usual!

Darlings. You really MUST--for your own sanity--not get into the twisted knickers so easily.

Lauren was mentioned in THIS context: (Reread carefully the italicized boldface lines, before my comments)

Howee wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:
So if UConn doesn't win the national title, Geno is a mediocre coach?

I didn't read that implication anywhere. IMO, Geno's legacy is already cemented. But there are strong indications that he's not dominating the recruiting wars any more, which....leads to diminished dominance in terms of titles.

Where has Geno slipped in recruiting? He still gets the majority of #1 players coming out of high school surrounded by top 10 players of his choosing (according to UConn fans). He has the number 1 player of 2020 committed to UConn and he is the catbird's seat for the #1 player of 2021 He goes only 7 deep when he used to 8-9 deep and that's for his choosing as well.

Laughing Laughing

Also according to the Boneyard, the #1 players he didn't get, was the #1 players he didn't "want" for whatever arbitrary reason (meddlesome parents, character issues, not talented enough, etc.)

Yah. Like Lauren Cox....she's a real *problem*. Laughing

"Slippage"? DEFINITELY. He doesn't have anyone in ESPN's top ten for this fall. For Geno, that's just about a fall off a cliff. Razz

I was merely offering *counterpoint* to 2 ideas that I thought were inaccurate. That's not trolling. That's discussion. Unless you don't LIKE the counterpoints, I guess....then you're seeing it as trolling, but....I can't help that.

PostPosted: 04/21/19 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

"Close enough"??? Laughing Laughing Oh, OOkay, Myrtle. Then let's just say California and Stanford are close enough to be interchangeable. Cuz, after all, Cal and Stanford are even geographically closer than Texas and Baylor. Razz

PostPosted: 04/22/19 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Megan Walker #1 overall
Christyn Williams #1 overall
Crystal Dangerfield #3 overall #1 position
Olivia Nelson-Odada #5 overall #1 position
Mikayla Coombs #13 overall #2 position
Batouly Camara #53 overall #9 position
Kyla Irwin #16 position
Molly Bent #22 position

Auriemma can put a starting five on the floor next year in which the lowest Hoopgurlz rated them at their position in their senior year was 2. Any teams that can field a starting five with Hoopgurlz ratings that good?

Last edited by tfan on 04/22/19 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Howee

PostPosted: 04/22/19 3:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Megan Walker #1 overall
Kyla Irwin #16 position
Molly Bent #22 position

Auriemma can put a starting five on the floor next year in which the lowest Hoopgurlz rated them at their position in their senior year was 2. Any teams that can beat that?

Well this year, Baylor, Louisville and Notre Dame did. With another #1 (KLS), and Pheesa on board, too. Cool

Those numbers speak to my point earlier:
Howee wrote:
However--to me at least--#1s aren't the be-all/end-all. What was Ogunbowale (whom he desperately recruited)? Ionescu? Gustafson? Geno could consistently take in players #11-18 and make FF contenders....just not as easily as the teams he's become familiar with.

PostPosted: 04/22/19 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
Megan Walker #1 overall
Kyla Irwin #16 position
Molly Bent #22 position

Auriemma can put a starting five on the floor next year in which the lowest Hoopgurlz rated them at their position in their senior year was 2. Any teams that can beat that?

Well this year, Baylor, Louisville and Notre Dame did. With another #1 (KLS), and Pheesa on board, too. Cool

Bad choice of words on my part. I meant can any team “beat those Hoopgurlz ratings”. Seems like Auriemma still gets top recruits. Too early to take him off the recruiting throne, even if no superstars are coming in 2019.

Last edited by tfan on 04/22/19 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/22/19 6:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will say I will never say another bad word about Geno if he grows a pair of balls and rips up the ND contract and tells Muffett to go pound sand for her despicable self serving behavior this tournament. Why play a bully? And a guy who can get away with stuff she can't? She can go terrorize Jeff Walz for all I care in front of 4,000 people in Greensboro. Rip it up ala Tennessee-UConn I say. As annoyed as I am with Geno in recent years, I still can't believe the crap he and others have to deal with in that sport. The old scabs were ripped wide open Final 4 weekend. It's open season on the men. I was feeling slightly forgiving after seeing ND lose the title in such heartbreaking fashion. But that wore off and I'm seeing red again just thinking of the ThinkProgress article and carefully orchestrated self serving viral rant and all the suckers that fell for it. Only all female staffs empower women ya'll! Yeah when I think empowering women I think of the grown ass woman who blocked Stewie on twitter. She do it in a fit of rage after beating McBride for Player of the year in 2014? Oy I can take many things, hypocrisy is not one of them.

Tell her to go pound sand Geno. End it. Channel your inner Summitt.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/22/19 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
I will say I will never say another bad word about Geno if he grows a pair of balls and rips up the ND contract and tells Muffett to go pound sand for her despicable self serving behavior this tournament. Why play a bully? And a guy who can get away with stuff she can't? She can go terrorize Jeff Walz for all I care in front of 4,000 people in Greensboro. Rip it up ala Tennessee-UConn I say. As annoyed as I am with Geno in recent years, I still can't believe the crap he and others have to deal with in that sport. The old scabs were ripped wide open Final 4 weekend. It's open season on the men. I was feeling slightly forgiving after seeing ND lose the title in such heartbreaking fashion. But that wore off and I'm seeing red again just thinking of the ThinkProgress article and carefully orchestrated self serving viral rant and all the suckers that fell for it. Only all female staffs empower women ya'll! Yeah when I think empowering women I think of the grown ass woman who blocked Stewie on twitter. She do it in a fit of rage after beating McBride for Player of the year in 2014? Oy I can take many things, hypocrisy is not one of them.

Tell her to go pound sand Geno. End it. Channel your inner Summitt.

UConn got knocked down to the 2 line because of its piss poor schedule. Just consider what a steaming pile of manure the schedule would have been without the ND game/win. ND doesn't need UConn. UConn needs ND. Unless you think a smorgasbord of Houston, Tulsa, Memphis and Temple keeps UConn relevant.

bullsky

PostPosted: 04/22/19 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A week ago, I would've said to steer clear from Westbrook. But, I kind of think she'd be a good addition for this UCONN team. Not necessarily for the natural reasons, but she might give the team the swagger/attitude they need to succeed. I feel like this group of Huskies is too nice/complacent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: