RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mississippi State 2019-2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/17/19 9:02 pm    ::: Mississippi State 2019-2020 Reply Reply with quote

Vic talks about his team with just a few team practices left in the season

https://mobile.twitter.com/HailStateWBK/status/1118591406304423937?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Couple of thins to note.

Promise Taylor has had foot surgery. Rehabbing with Chloe.

No seniors. Transfers in? A possibility. Has to be the right fit.

Talks about the incoming class and how they remind him of the Tori, Morgan, Blair, Ro class. He feels it's his best class of athletes to date.

Talks about the loss to Oregon. 88-84. Only one time he's lost when his team has scored 84 points.

His team will rep the USA this summer in Italy in the 2019 World University Games. Second trip in two years for the Dawgs to Italy. Fresh are eligible to go. Graduated seniors can also rep. He can also add to his team from other teams.

Vic is also an Asst Coach for the Pan Am team. Competition later this summer.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/18/19 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minyon Moore has Mississippi State on her list ... she would step in at the point.

PostPosted: 04/18/19 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Supposedly JUCo post Yemiyah Moore (Cochise College) is down to Arizona State and Mississippi State.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/18/19 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Minyon Moore has Mississippi State on her list ... she would step in at the point.

Okay Clay, we get it. You're wet for Moore. Is she really all that.......?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/18/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taja Cole, most recently from Georgia, also Louisville) is a grad transfer pg that visited Starkville last weekend.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/19/19 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I never thought Minyon Moore would be as good as she is ... but given her high basketball IQ and high level of competitiveness, she could be a difference-maker on the right team.

Of course, if she's your best player, you're in trouble; if she's your third-best player, you should be pretty good; if she's your fourth- or fifth-best player, it should be a very fun season.

PostPosted: 04/19/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I never thought Minyon Moore would be as good as she is ... but given her high basketball IQ and high level of competitiveness, she could be a difference-maker on the right team.

Of course, if she's your best player, you're in trouble; if she's your third-best player, you should be pretty good; if she's your fourth- or fifth-best player, it should be a very fun season.

agree

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/26/19 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some OV in Starkville over the weekend:

Yemiyah Morris, a 6'6" JUCo out of Arizona (immediately eligible with 2 years left)
Minyon Moore, grad transfer pg out of USC with 1 year eligibility
Sidney Cooks, 6'4" F out of Michigan State. Two years eligibility left. Would likely sit a year.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/27/19 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YEmiyah Morris, a 6'6" JUCO post with two years of eligibility left signs with Mississippi State.

This may mean that transfer Promise Taylor will medical redshirt this next season as she recently had foot surgery.

I don't know where this puts Bulldogs at interns of 2020 6'6 C Karmia Cardosa out of Tennessee. Bulldogs have 1 schollie left for this year and next.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/30/19 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Yemiyah-Morris-Another-Piece-to-the-Puzzle-for-Bulldogs--131675212/

Article on Yemiyah Morris commit to Mississippi State Women basketball

CHSHog

PostPosted: 05/01/19 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
YEmiyah Morris, a 6'6" JUCO post with two years of eligibility left signs with Mississippi State.

This may mean that transfer Promise Taylor will medical redshirt this next season as she recently had foot surgery.

I don't know where this puts Bulldogs at interns of 2020 6'6 C Karmia Cardosa out of Tennessee. Bulldogs have 1 schollie left for this year and next.

For this year? Are you sure?

They had 13 players on the 2018-19 roster. They are losing four (Howard, McCowan, Holmes, and Danberry) to graduation. That makes 9 returners (Taylor, Espinoza-Hunter, Carter, Wiggins, Taylor, Tate, Scott, Campbell, and Bibby).

They have 5 HS commits/signees: Rickea Jackson, Jayla Hemingway, JaMya Young, Esmery Martinez, and Aliyah Matharu. (Great class, btw.)

Now they have signed JUCO Morris as a 6th newcomer.

My math says that's 15. Is someone on the roster not actually on scholarship? Hard to believe that, given the talent level. Or maybe Campbell is leaving, since she may be done with school as a RS Jr? Only the three seniors and Howard were recognized on Senior Night, according to the write up on the Bulldogs' site.

How are they going to make room for Moore or Cooks?

PostPosted: 05/01/19 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't anticipate Zion Campbell returning. If it's in the cards to land both Moore and Cook, Vic will free up a schollie.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/14/19 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sydney Cooks to Mississippi State.

She wanted more of a run and gun team than what they had at Michigan State.

I see her a Rickea Jackson competing for similar position for The abullDawgs.

TexDawg

PostPosted: 05/15/19 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zion was honored at Senior Day, and she walked at graduation last weekend. I haven't heard anything about her status for next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is not back.

PostPosted: 05/19/19 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TexDawg wrote:
Zion was honored at Senior Day, and she walked at graduation last weekend. I haven't heard anything about her status for next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is not back.

Ah, thanks. I read the article on the MS State website about Senior Day, and she wasn’t mentioned. Chances are she’s gone, and that solves the math problem.

PostPosted: 06/03/19 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unis for the World university games

https://mobile.twitter.com/HailStateWBK/status/1135644924890701824?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/04/19 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On a sidenote Chloe Bibby and as Esmery Martinez will not travel with the team to the games as they are citizens of Australia and the Dominican republic, respectively. This opens up some roster spots on the Mississippi State team And the Bulldogs could add recently graduated players such as Jasmine homes to their travel roster.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/09/19 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State will participate in the Duel in the Desert, Dec 19-21 in Las Vegas.

Bulldawgs open against South Florida and then will play either UNLV or Virginia.

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/6/7/womens-basketball-state-scheduled-to-play-in-2019-duel-in-the-desert-tournament.aspx

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/10/19 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
On a sidenote Chloe Bibby and as Esmery Martinez will not travel with the team to the games as they are citizens of Australia and the Dominican republic, respectively. This opens up some roster spots on the Mississippi State team And the Bulldogs could add recently graduated players such as Jasmine homes to their travel roster.

Per Raoul, Esmery Martinez announced that she has asked for her release and is reopening her recruitment.

https://wbbblog.com/2019/06/02/2019-class-recruiting-news-updates-june-2019/

TexDawg

PostPosted: 06/11/19 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Per Twitter today, Jazzmun will be on the roster for the trip.

PostPosted: 06/19/19 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So who would be the projected starting 5 for the Bulldogs this season? Cooks is red-shirting?

PG: M. Taylor
SG: A. Espinoza-Hunter
W: R. Jackson
F: C. Bibby
C: P. Taylor/J. Carter

???

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/19/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
So who would be the projected starting 5 for the Bulldogs this season? Cooks is red-shirting?

PG: M. Taylor
SG: A. Espinoza-Hunter
W: R. Jackson
F: C. Bibby
C: P. Taylor/J. Carter

???

I think that could be pretty accurate. There are lots of folks dinged up. This includes Bibby and Taylor. They should be to go but if they slo/mo them into action I could see this lineup

Myah Taylor
AEH
BrAmber Scott
Rickea Jackson
Jessika Carter

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/20/19 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no idea whether 6-7 Sedona Prince is considering MSSt as a transfer-to school, but it would seem to make a lot of sense considering the excellence of the coaching staff, their development of Teaira McCowan, and the proximity of Starkville to Texas compared to northern schools.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/20/19 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I have no idea whether 6-7 Sedona Prince is considering MSSt as a transfer-to school, but it would seem to make a lot of sense considering the excellence of the coaching staff, their development of Teaira McCowan, and the proximity of Starkville to Texas compared to northern schools.

A 6-7 RS-Fr. player joining a roster that has 6-5 So. J. Carter, 6-5 RS-So. P. Taylor, 6-6 JUCO Jr. Y. Morris, and 6-4 RS-Jr. S. Cooks? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me....

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/21/19 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's wrong with a lot of tall trees?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: