RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/16/19 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m leaning towards Whalen jersey retirement, maybe Brunson too if she’s come to that conclusion. I would think a ceremony wouldn’t happen until home opener.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
TigerVol

PostPosted: 04/16/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I wanted the Dream to get Shao Ting. Quite interesting that there is all of this interest now in the Chinese players.

I think there is an interest in the market driving interest in the players.

PostPosted: 04/17/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I posted a bunch of Cierra Dillard media in the Mock Draft thread in January.

May as well post this updated version of Cierra Dillard highlights here.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hfeGkpaag3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/19 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m leaning towards Whalen jersey retirement, maybe Brunson too if she’s come to that conclusion. I would think a ceremony wouldn’t happen until home opener.

BOOYAH!

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/minnesota-lynx-to-retire-lindsay-whalens-number-13/

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/18/19 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:

BOOYAH!

Congratulations to Lindsay Whalen!

As an aside, I am pleased that the retirement will be (per the article) on "Saturday, June 8 when the Lynx host the Los Angeles Sparks at 2:30 p.m. CT on ABC." This is great to have for a nationally-televised game.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i_5HjvnONTo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/18/19 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not if the lynx get blown out:/

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:

BOOYAH!

As an aside, I am pleased that the retirement will be (per the article) on "Saturday, June 8 when the Lynx host the Los Angeles Sparks at 2:30 p.m. CT on ABC." This is great to have for a nationally-televised game.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/18/19 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:

BOOYAH!

And the Lynx front office have clearly done that completely intentionally. Otherwise it's just their fourth home game of the season, and fairly unremarkable except that it's against one of the key rivals of the Whalen era. But they'll pack the arena for the ceremony, and it'll look great on national TV with the big crowd. Smart work.

PostPosted: 04/19/19 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Christmas going to be ready to start the season? If so, how close to 100% is she expected to be? I had thought I read that she wasn't that close to 100% but not sure.

PostPosted: 04/22/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota games on CBS Sports this season
May 25: Chicago at Minnesota
May 29: Seattle at Minnesota
June 25: Minnesota at Indiana
July 2: Atlanta at Minnesota
July 10: Minnesota at Chicago
Aug. 9: Connecticut at Minnesota

pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx trade Alexis Jones to LA for Odyssey Sims

PostPosted: 04/22/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Lynx trade Alexis Jones to LA for Odyssey Sims

Wait what?? lynx better not be sending anything else.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 04/22/19 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/head-to-head-whalen-and-sims-continue-heated-rivalry/

Now that Whalen is no longer on the Lynx, the “heated rivalry” with Sims won’t be a problem...

zune69

PostPosted: 04/22/19 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And people said Reeve would never sign/trade for Sims....Good trade IMO....I think the Lynx will make the playoffs.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 04/22/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i am a new lynx fan (collier) so my question is would augustus be the 3 or 2? and do sims and robinson both start or only 1 of the 2?
obviously fowles is the 5

did brunson make a decision yet?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/22/19 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trying to see if Collier cracks the starting line up aye ?

PostPosted: 04/22/19 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i am a new lynx fan (collier) so my question is would augustus be the 3 or 2?

Either. She was a 3 for years until they got Maya, then a 2 for years. She's just a wing.

snlMINAJ wrote:
and do sims and robinson both start or only 1 of the 2?

Given Reeve's fondness for vets, I wouldn't be surprised if it's both. But it might well fluctuate over the course of the season.

snlMINAJ wrote:

Haven't heard anything official, but it sure looks like they're preparing for life without her.

PostPosted: 04/23/19 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
i am a new lynx fan (collier) so my question is would augustus be the 3 or 2?

Either. She was a 3 for years until they got Maya, then a 2 for years. She's just a wing.

snlMINAJ wrote:
and do sims and robinson both start or only 1 of the 2?

Given Reeve's fondness for vets, I wouldn't be surprised if it's both. But it might well fluctuate over the course of the season.

I like this move bringing in Sims, she's a definite upgrade. Sure to be some fluctuation, add in Brown and should find out more about the health of KCK soon so they'll be in the mix as well.

Richyyy wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Haven't heard anything official, but it sure looks like they're preparing for life without her.

She seems to still be suffering post concussion issues so there is no time table for her to return, if at all this season. Only time will tell but I hope at some point she can return to playing.

PostPosted: 04/23/19 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Reiterating my final projected roster after the Wright trade
Robinson/Brown/(Dillard vs Bell)
Augustus/AJones
Christmas/Collier/Zandalasini
Dantas/Shepard/Larkins (until Zandalisini shows up. Then Collier drops down to PF)
Fowles/Alleyne (until Fagbenle shows up)

Unless Brown is completely incompetent in camp, I think she’ll be given at least a season to show progress. She was ACC Defensive Player of the Year, so that’s a quality that should appeal to Reeve. A con with her might be it’s hard to say if she’s all-in on professional basketball.

AJones is going into her third year, so she’ll have to show third year progress, or she may not be worth keeping around. If Dillard and Bell are both great in camp, AJones could be sent packing. I have a feeling the Bell signing was a gift to Whalen and the Gophers similar to the Wagner signing last year and they don’t really expect her to be good enough to make the team, but you never know what could happen when a player is given the opportunity.

Updating.....
Robinson/Brown/(Dillard vs Bell plus they’d have to knock off Brown or Ting)
Augustus/Sims/Ting
Christmas/Collier/Zandalasini
Dantas/Shepard/(Larkins vs Griffin, until Zandalisini shows up. Then Collier drops down to PF)
Fowles/Alleyne (until Fagbenle shows up)

Lots of estimating salaries on the new signings. The ones that seem lowball for starters will have no-offseason bonuses attached to them. Those bonuses don’t count towards the cap.
R-$108K/B-$44K
A-$108K/S-115K/T-$42K
C-$108K/C-$50K/Z-$43K
D-$101K/S-$43K
F-$113K/F-$49K

$924K team total

I didn’t fudge around on what placeholders Alleyne, Larkins or Griffin make. Fagbenle and Zandalisini will either be suspended or unsigned until they get here, so it won’t make much difference.

I think after this draft, Reeve probably shouldn’t want Brunson to return. Brunson would be presumably be better than one of the placeholders shown, but what would happen after Zandalisini and Fagbenle return? One promising player may have to be cut in order for Brunson to have this one last swan song? I suppose Zandalisini could be asked to take the season off, or maybe have her bump whoever is in the third SG spot?

Which brings me to the discussion on Ting. The Chinese ESPN guy said that the Lynx offered her a guaranteed contract. It sounds like something Reeve would do. She hands out those guaranteed contracts like candy in order to lure in players, but can she even do that with a first year player? Ting was with the Lynx before but she was cut in training camp. I remember there was an article about Rebecca Allen being offered a guaranteed first year contract with the Liberty, and p_d Swanson was pretty adamant that this wasn’t the case. So I’m wondering if guaranteed contracts for first year players is a fallacy. Drafted rookies sure don’t get guaranteed contracts, why would an undrafted one get one?

Even if Ting is on a guaranteed contract, if I was even close to the correct team salary calculation, the Lynx could afford to swallow that contract and cut her.

Signing Ting is a little frustrating for me as a big Dillard fan. Not only does Dillard have to top #30 pick local favorite Bell, now she also has to beat out either Brown (apparently coveted from last year) or the latest Reeve fling Ting. Plus, if Brunson comes back, there’s the possibility that Zandalisini gets pushed to that third SG spot. Reeve might be creating a mountain for Dillard to overcome to make this team.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/24/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx announce training camp roster. Why is Griffin suspended?

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/minnesota-lynx-complete-2019-training-camp-roster/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/24/19 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Brunson. Does that make it official?

PostPosted: 04/24/19 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

First thing that caught my attention as well. They may wait to bring her in half way through the season as they have done before. Thinking optimistically.

PostPosted: 04/24/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

First thing that caught my attention as well. They may wait to bring her in half way through the season as they have done before. Thinking optimistically.

True, but they hedged on Griffin and Moore (suspended) and Fagbenle and Zandalasini (overseas), so why not Brunson too? I guess what's different about Rebecca is that she's a UFA and in theory can join another team. I wouldn't think that's an actual concern, but I suppose it's a technicality that has to be observed.

PostPosted: 04/24/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
They may wait to bring her in half way through the season as they have done before.

Uh, when?

root_thing wrote:
True, but they hedged on Griffin and Moore (suspended) and Fagbenle and Zandalasini (overseas), so why not Brunson too? I guess what's different about Rebecca is that she's a UFA and in theory can join another team. I wouldn't think that's an actual concern, but I suppose it's a technicality that has to be observed.

Yeah, they addressed everyone who's under contract or whose rights are held (and are expected to arrive eventually). Brunson's technically not connected to the franchise at all at the moment.

PostPosted: 04/24/19 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see them going with, to start:

PG: Robinson/Brown
SG: Augustus/Sims/Dillard
SF: Christmas/Ting
PF: Dantas/Collier/Shepard
C: Fowles/Larkins

One of Brown, Dillard or Ting gets cut when Zandalasini arrives. Possibly Larkins gets cut when Fagbenle arrives.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 22 of 31

Jump to: