RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tickets For AT&T WNBA All-Star Game On Sale April 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 04/15/19 5:47 pm    ::: Tickets For AT&T WNBA All-Star Game On Sale April 16 Reply Reply with quote

Come on out and visit us!

https://aces.wnba.com/news/tickets-for-att-wnba-all-star-game-2019-on-sale-beginning-tuesday-april-16/

Las Vegas (April 15, 2019)—The Las Vegas Aces announced today that tickets for AT&T WNBA All-Star Game 2019, scheduled for Saturday, July 27 at Mandalay Bay Events Center, go on sale beginning Tuesday, April 16 at 1 pm ET/10 am PT. To purchase tickets, please visit LasVegasAces.com or call 702-692-2237.

Las Vegas is hosting AT&T WNBA All-Star Game 2019 in the team’s second season of operation, making it the youngest franchise in league history to showcase the best of the best that women’s basketball has to offer.

Further details around in-game entertainment and the full schedule of weekend events will be announced at a later date.

Las Vegas had two players named to the All-Star Team in its inaugural season—forward and reigning Rookie of the Year A’ja Wilson, and five-year guard Kayla McBride. Wilson scored 18 points, and grabbed five rebounds in her All-Star debut, while McBride added 11 points and four boards in her second trip to the mid-summer classic.

McBride also battled the Chicago Sky’s Allie Quigley and four other competitors in last year’s Three-Point Contest. The Aces star netted a first-round best 22 points to advance to the finals against Quigley. After both sharpshooters recorded 18 points to force a tie-breaker, Quigley edged out McBride to win with a record-setting 29-point effort, which even bested the NBA record of 28 points in a round set by the Phoenix Sun’s Devin Booker in the 2018 NBA All-Star Game.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/16/19 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the reminder! I got tickets today. I was a little frustrated with the site bc I couldn't actually pick where I wanted to sit. It was either best available or a particular price point. I even tried to call to see if there were more options.. no answer, no dice. Of course, the "scalper" sites have all kinds of seats for up to ~$500 right now Confused

If anyone has information about travel and hotel packages, please let us know!

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 04/17/19 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry you had difficulty reaching us. I will check with the Ticket Sales folks to see what might have gone wrong.

If you called yesterday between 10:30-11:30 am yesterday, we were all in a staff meeting, and I think the voicemail wasn't activated.

We should have hotel packages before too long. I will pass them along when they are available.

If they don't appear in a few weeks, I can share with everybody my MGM discount on hotel rooms.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/17/19 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
I'm sorry you had difficulty reaching us. I will check with the Ticket Sales folks to see what might have gone wrong.

If you called yesterday between 10:30-11:30 am yesterday, we were all in a staff meeting, and I think the voicemail wasn't activated.

We should have hotel packages before too long. I will pass them along when they are available.

If they don't appear in a few weeks, I can share with everybody my MGM discount on hotel rooms.

Please share im on stand by

PostPosted: 04/17/19 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrapped up our seats no sweat and nice seats to boot no issues here except for redownloading flashseats looking forward to Vegas baby!

PostPosted: 04/17/19 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are you all staying at Mandalay or somewhere else? Got my tickets but need to make my hotel reservations

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/17/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Out of interest I had a look to see how much it'd cost for me to get there. 600 quid was a fair bit less than I was expecting. Hmm...

PostPosted: 04/17/19 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Always wanted to go to Vegas, but it's a bad time of year for me to try and go out there. Hopefully Brooklyn gets the ASG in 2021.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 04/17/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chadb wrote:
Are you all staying at Mandalay or somewhere else? Got my tickets but need to make my hotel reservations

Mandalay was a pretty penny (275 a night!) and beware resort fees...good rooms can be had but use priceline and go for South strip if not driving stay on the strip...busses there are a bit of a racket it seems but the deuce bus seems to do a good job servicing the strip...we landed near Mandalay at a sister hotel...but if you can get on property much better

PostPosted: 04/17/19 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Checking my current discount on our properties for Thursday the 25th through Sunday, the 28th. This would be for a single KING bed, and two people in the room.

$ listed is for each night (Thursday-Friday-Saturday)

MGM Grand - 88-237-251
New York, New York - 69-197-278
The Mirage - 111, 180, 229
Bellagio - 116-279-319
Aria - 139-239-263
Vdara - 111-160-245
Circus Circus - 47-159-207
Excalibur - 59-195-254
Luxor - 32-137-185
Mandalay Bay - 91-100-382
Delano - 94-195-469 (not a typo)
Park MGM - 53-199-199

And yes, there are resort fees which I believe are $37 a night, but don't quote me on that.

Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Delano and Excalibur are all basically attached to one another and walkable, so if you stay at one of those properties you don't have to commute anywhere.

I will let you know when I get word on All-Star specific property discounts and we can see how they compare.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/17/19 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will let you know when I get word on All-Star specific property discounts and we can see how they compare.

That would be great, ChasingRatDogmaSalade.

As an aside, one of the criticisms of Minnesota's hosting of the ASG was the lack of events for fans. There was dinner with players and certain invited guests, but the general complaint was a lack of events in which fans could participate or meet/interact with players.

I am sure you, LFO, and the rest of the Aces organization will work to improve on the previous All Star experiences, but I thought I would share a perspective of last year's contest.

And as LFO knows, the NBA does a pretty good job of having events for fans during the NBA ASG.

Thank you again for your hard work (and for letting us know about ASG tickets going on sale, as I was able to secure them)!

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 04/18/19 6:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Checking my current discount on our properties for Thursday the 25th through Sunday, the 28th. This would be for a single KING bed, and two people in the room.

$ listed is for each night (Thursday-Friday-Saturday)

MGM Grand - 88-237-251
New York, New York - 69-197-278
The Mirage - 111, 180, 229
Bellagio - 116-279-319
Aria - 139-239-263
Vdara - 111-160-245
Circus Circus - 47-159-207
Excalibur - 59-195-254
Luxor - 32-137-185
Mandalay Bay - 91-100-382
Delano - 94-195-469 (not a typo)
Park MGM - 53-199-199

And yes, there are resort fees which I believe are $37 a night, but don't quote me on that.

Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Delano and Excalibur are all basically attached to one another and walkable, so if you stay at one of those properties you don't have to commute anywhere.

Not complaining I'll take my park mgm deal and run got a nice deal but I didn't know Excalibur has a connection to Mandalay if I did might have sucked it up an stayed there even tho most review videos warned that the building was old dingy and not well kept up

So given the surge in Delano I take it that's where the league is stashing all the sponsors lol

Park mgm didn't seem too far away on a map but given Vegas heat how bad a commute is it?

Edit saw circus circus on here...was told to avoid like plague and beware of too good to be true rates there as they have a habit of sticking those guests in an unkempt connection building that puts bus stations to shame...saw it on a few review sites too many to ignore...I'm assuming thats a bit of an urban legend but wanted to bring up just to be on safe side

PostPosted: 04/18/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

Not complaining I'll take my park mgm deal and run got a nice deal but I didn't know Excalibur has a connection to Mandalay if I did might have sucked it up an stayed there even tho most review videos warned that the building was old dingy and not well kept up

So given the surge in Delano I take it that's where the league is stashing all the sponsors lol

Ding, ding ding. We have a winner

Smile

Happycappie25 wrote:

Park mgm didn't seem too far away on a map but given Vegas heat how bad a commute is it?

I would say it isn't TOO bad, and much of it can be walked inside because you can walk through New York New York to get to the bridge that takes you across Tropicana. When you cross Tropicana you can go in to Excalibur, walk inside, cross to the Luxor, etc.

But you will definitely want to leave some time to make the trek as it isn't a straight shot through the maze of slot machines and gaming tables.

Smile

Happycappie25 wrote:

Edit saw circus circus on here...was told to avoid like plague and beware of too good to be true rates there as they have a habit of sticking those guests in an unkempt connection building that puts bus stations to shame...saw it on a few review sites too many to ignore...I'm assuming thats a bit of an urban legend but wanted to bring up just to be on safe side.

I haven't been to Circus Circus, but it is on the opposite end of the strip, so from a convenience standpoint you might not want to be there. But uber/lyft rides are pretty quick and painless up and down the strip. There is also a monorail that goes part way around the strip. It doesn't go all the way down to Mandalay Bay, but I'm pretty sure it goes to Excalibur.

https://www.lvmonorail.com/stations/

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 04/18/19 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

Ding, ding ding. We have a winner

Smile

Happycappie25 wrote:

I would say it isn't TOO bad, and much of it can be walked inside because you can walk through New York New York to get to the bridge that takes you across Tropicana. When you cross Tropicana you can go in to Excalibur, walk inside, cross to the Luxor, etc.

But you will definitely want to leave some time to make the trek as it isn't a straight shot through the maze of slot machines and gaming tables.

Smile

Happycappie25 wrote:

Edit saw circus circus on here...was told to avoid like plague and beware of too good to be true rates there as they have a habit of sticking those guests in an unkempt connection building that puts bus stations to shame...saw it on a few review sites too many to ignore...I'm assuming thats a bit of an urban legend but wanted to bring up just to be on safe side.

I haven't been to Circus Circus, but it is on the opposite end of the strip, so from a convenience standpoint you might not want to be there. But uber/lyft rides are pretty quick and painless up and down the strip. There is also a monorail that goes part way around the strip. It doesn't go all the way down to Mandalay Bay, but I'm pretty sure it goes to Excalibur.

https://www.lvmonorail.com/stations/

Good to know of inside passages to Mandalay thanks chasing

PostPosted: 04/19/19 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Incidentally, although nothing specific is finalized, I would encourage everyone to come in Thursday or early Friday as we are making plans for fan-attendable events on Friday afternoon.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 04/19/19 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Incidentally, although nothing specific is finalized, I would encourage everyone to come in Thursday or early Friday as we are making plans for fan-attendable events on Friday afternoon.

Beyond the traditional open practices? Awesome !!!

Flying the 25th time zones with us so arrive late afternoon

PostPosted: 04/19/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

Beyond the traditional open practices? Awesome !!!

Yeppers!

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 05/31/19 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would those of you who are coming to All-Star please send me a private message? I want to get your opinion on some things.

Thanks.

~ Giggy

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/31/19 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would those of you who are coming to All-Star please send me a private message? I want to get your opinion on some things.

Thanks.

~ Giggy

Pm'ed

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: