RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tally24

PostPosted: 04/15/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We will give you C. Little. For nothing. You can have her back. Give us a third round pick.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/16/19 4:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
0 chance the Storm repeat this year now. No Stewie makes Seattle a subpar team.

their bench is subpar. They still have 5 solid starters. Still thinking they ask Magbegor to come over now or see if Tokashiki is interested in returning.

Can’t win a championship with just 5 solid starters and no bench. Plus their starters aren’t all solid. Clark and Loyd are not consistent. Bird is another year older. Remember what happened to Whalen last year when she stayed one year too long?

Bird has been in the best shape of her life the last couple of years while Whalen was not Laughing Cant really compare that but i agree that Bird will be a year older and the chance of her keeping this up will get smaller every year.

I would probably start Paris and have Langhorne come off the bench.
Canada, Whitcomb, Zellous and Langhorne off the bench is still a pretty good bench. Im more worried about the offensive production from the starters.
Howard benefited from Stewart getting all the attention. So she could fly in. But now a lot more attention will go to her. So can she step it up another notch..

Also Loyd will need to have her best and most consistent year if the Storm want to have a shot at going far in the playoffs.. In the past she started the season on fire and then it dropped off. Can she keep it up a whole season?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 04/17/19 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/26545206/next-breanna-stewart-tamika-catchings-knows

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/17/19 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
"Reigning WNBA MVP and Seattle Storm forward Breanna Stewart reportedly suffered a torn Achilles while playing for Russian club Dynamo Kursk in the EuroLeague Final Four championship game on Sunday, according to WNBAinsidr."

https://www.si.com/wnba/2019/04/14/breanna-stewart-torn-achilles-euroleague-championship-game

Sure let's blame it all on the Russians again.

PostPosted: 04/18/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breanna Stewart Undergoes Successful Surgery

She is expected to miss all of the 2019 WNBA season and return in 2020.

It's a blow to Seattle and to the league, but right now my heart just breaks for Stewie. After such a phenomenal year, that's a long way down. I'm confident, though, that she will return better than ever.

Celebrating the 2018 title when this upcoming season rolls around will be a bit bittersweet with our MVP in street clothes. I guess the banner raising will have to wait anyway. In fact, in other Storm news, the reopening of the arena has been delayed and the renovations may not be complete by the start of the 2021 season.

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 04/19/19 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoa. Hope he's ok.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zAont2YM-v0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/19/19 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to hear about Stewie! Good grief what is going on?! Prayers for Coach Hughes!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/19/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG wow this is worse than the stewie news. Praying for you Danny ! You can beat this ! Sad Sad

PostPosted: 04/19/19 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Horrible news Confused You can beat it coach!

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 04/19/19 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prayers for coach Hughes.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/19/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hughes doesn't say what kind of cancer, but it sounds as if it could be colon cancer that presented as, or accompanied, acute appendicitis. His surgeon, as revealed by the Seattle Times, is a colorectal surgeon. The survival rate for colon cancer surgery depends on the stage and spread of the cancer.
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/19/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought it interesting that since Swedish is one of the team's sponsors, Stewie chose to have her surgery in LA.

- Amanda Gorman
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 04/19/19 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prayers for Coach Hughes 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

PostPosted: 04/19/19 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I thought it interesting that since Swedish is one of the team's sponsors, Stewie chose to have her surgery in LA.

Stewie got some good advice and chose one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the country, Dr. Neal S. ElAttrache, who is the current president of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. His credentials and awards can be seen here:

https://www.sportsmed.org/aossmimis/Members/About/Press_Releases/2018-Annual-Meeting/ElAttrache-Inducted-President.aspx
Randy

PostPosted: 04/20/19 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's hoping for a quick and successful recovery for Dan Hughes!

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 04/21/19 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Get Well Soon everybody!!!!! Crying or Very sad

Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/19 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HmM27yepTUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
stever

PostPosted: 05/04/19 9:05 am    ::: Miller ready to seize WNBA opportunity Reply Reply with quote

https://www.mitchellrepublic.com/sports/basketball/4607986-miller-ready-seize-wnba-opportunity

Quote:
As for this opportunity, Miller said the Storm told her they like her basketball I.Q. on the court. The 6-foot Miller played four positions at SDSU, but Seattle intends her to play at both guard spots.

Miller said the style of play will be different than what she played at SDSU.

"I think South Dakota State's style is different because we are more team-oriented," Miller said. "But those higher up colleges and WNBA teams are more like space you out. So it's going to be five out and they just want to set high pick and rolls for the point guard."

Genero36

PostPosted: 05/08/19 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Training camp/minimum contracts do not count against the cap until season starts and they make team.

PostPosted: 05/08/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ouch to Paris and Langhorne....Stiff penny !

PostPosted: 05/08/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

where's Quinn?

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 05/08/19 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
where's Quinn?

You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/veteran-storm-guard-noelle-quinn-calls-it-quits-and-joins-seattles-coaching-staff/

Quote:
“To be able to play over a decade in the world’s best league has been a dream come true,” Quinn said in a statement released by the team. “I’ve been fortunate to share the floor with legendary players and learn from outstanding coaches. Winning a championship in Seattle is definitely the highlight of my career to date, and I am looking forward to the transition to the coaching staff.”

PostPosted: 05/08/19 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
where's Quinn?

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95120&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=37

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/08/19 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
where's Quinn?

You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn

Awesome.

Pilight, were you the one who used to have the Steely Dan Aja album cover as an avatar, with the words "A'ja, when my dime dancing is through?" I picked A'ja Wilson 1st in the RebKell fantasy league, and I've had those alternate words in my head ever since. Smile

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/08/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewie will be suspended so her salary will not count against the cap. Paris contract is up after thisseason right? She has this season to prove that she can contribute with stewie out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: