RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 02/19/19 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And it is a good thing I waited or it wouln't have been old news.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/04/19 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Inside the Phoenix Suns' messy and dysfunctional front office
play
By Kevin Arnovitz (ESPN Staff Writer)
March 4, 2019

Quote:
Four years after naming McDonough general manager, Sarver acquired some live goats from a Diana Taurasi event at Talking Stick Resort Arena and planted them upstairs in McDonough’s office. The stunt was both a practical joke and an inspirational message — the Suns should find a GOAT of their own, one who dominates like Taurasi. The goats, unaware of their metaphorical connotation, proceeded to defecate all over McDonough’s office.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26088024/inside-phoenix-suns-messy-dysfunctional-front-office

mb1

PostPosted: 03/06/19 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Optimistically, I feel the Suns could be really good in a couple years with a very talented young core. Realistically, I think they are a freaking mess with no plan beyond having monetary value as a franchise..

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
toad455

PostPosted: 03/21/19 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury re-sign Lyttle. Odd, I was expecting her to retire. Guess they expect her to be healthy.

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/mercury-re-signs-forward-sancho-lyttle/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 03/21/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised. I thought it was an ACL fairly deep into the season last year so seemed like she might not be back this quick.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/22/19 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury Re-Signs Two-Time WNBA Champion Dewanna Bonner.

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/mercury-re-signs-two-time-wnba-champion-dewanna-bonner-2/

PhxPeace

PostPosted: 03/22/19 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know the terms, especially length of Bonner's contract?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/22/19 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/mercury-re-signs-two-time-wnba-champion-dewanna-bonner-2/

Yessssss so happy for her. Glad she stuck with her first mind!

PostPosted: 03/22/19 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

So you're saying she's two timing?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok WCBB fans, please fill me in on Sophie Cunningham. I'm intrigued Twisted Evil
Bonus points for examples and YouTube links of how her reputation was built.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury right now:

PG: January/Mitchell/Carter
SG: Taurasi/Turner/Cunningham
SF: Bonner/Talbot/Carson
PF: Little/Smith/Turner
C: Griner
IR: Lyttle

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/13/19 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ok WCBB fans, please fill me in on Sophie Cunningham. I'm intrigued Twisted Evil

Looks like Penny, acts like Dee.

Sounds good to me. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/13/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

She has a reputation of being physical tough (some say dirty) player. She was involved in an altercation in a game against South Carolina that ended up with a lawsuit being filed by Dawn Staley against the Missouri AD (not sure about the relationship of the lawsuit to the fight).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2018/05/24/staley-settles-lawsuit-against-missouri-athletic-director/35324425/

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article197135969.html

Quote:
At the center of the scuffle seemed to be Missouri star Sophie Cunningham, South Carolina guard Doniyah Cliney and Jennings. Cunningham appeared to shove both Gamecocks, and Cliney seemed to get a push to Cunningham’s face in as well.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article197135969.html#storylink=cpy

She seems to be pretty much hated by the fans of opposing teams. She played soccer in grade school and several of the soccer Moms complained that she was too mean. She was playing against boys.

Going to the Mercury pretty much cements the fact that she will forever be on the dark side with no hope of redemption. Razz

miller40

PostPosted: 04/13/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t know, will Cunningham likely make the final roster? Brondello hasn’t shown any interest in playing or developing young talent, and they are clearly going all in for the next two seasons and dealing with life after 2020 later.

Tally24

PostPosted: 04/13/19 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am so tired of C. Little eating up a roster spot that could go to a younger player. Rolling Eyes
Fishhappy

PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
I don’t know, will Cunningham likely make the final roster? Brondello hasn’t shown any interest in playing or developing young talent, and they are clearly going all in for the next two seasons and dealing with life after 2020 later.

If she doesn't make the Mercury roster she will last about 10 minutes on the waver wire. Every year there are very good three point shooters coming out that don't make it in the W. But there are very few that are 6-1 can go to the rim and is strong enough to finish at the rim in traffic. Plus she is a very good rebounding guard. finally to say she is scrappy is an understatement.If the ball is on the floor she is usually the one who gets her hands on it and usually comes out of the pile with it.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fishhappy wrote:
miller40 wrote:

If she doesn't make the Mercury roster she will last about 10 minutes on the waver wire. Every year there are very good three point shooters coming out that don't make it in the W. But there are very few that are 6-1 can go to the rim and is strong enough to finish at the rim in traffic. Plus she is a very good rebounding guard. finally to say she is scrappy is an understatement.If the ball is on the floor she is usually the one who gets her hands on it and usually comes out of the pile with it.

I actually think Cunningham could be good. She played on a very subpar team and was one of the main standouts in the SEC for three years. She will be surrounded like talent like she's never been able to imagine.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/19 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I am so tired of C. Little eating up a roster spot that could go to a younger player. Rolling Eyes

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=89495&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=229 Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/15/19 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And halfway through the season when Brondello hasn't played Cunningham and the Mercury give up and trade her for a bag of balls, maybe we'll find out just how good she can be. Wink

Although I do kinda see 13 players on the roster who might have a shot, so assuming they all show up, someone's getting cut (maybe two someones, considering there's a lot of vets):
Mitchell/January
Taurasi/Y.Turner/Cunningham
Bonner/Carson/Talbot
Lyttle/Little/Smith
Griner/B.Turner

PostPosted: 04/15/19 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mitchell starting over January? Why?

That post rotation is looking pretty weak for PHX. Turner is a rookie and I wouldn’t consider her a proper center in the WNBA. She was barely proper at the college level.

I’m skeptical about Lyttle being ready anytime soon. You try to push a return too hard and she could have a career-ending re-injury.

Little isn’t like a fine wine. She’s more like expired milk.

If Cunningham is available for a bag of balls, Reeve get your bag of balls ready. But ATL will probably be more needy.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/15/19 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Little isn’t like a fine wine. She’s more like expired milk.

Laughing

If Cunningham gets cut coming out of camp, either Indiana or NY will probably pounce via waivers.

PostPosted: 04/15/19 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they run Bonner at PF like they had great success with last season, at least until Lyttle is 100% (and that might not happen this year).

From the 2018 re-signing announcement:
Quote:
“Keeping Camille in a Mercury uniform was a top priority for us,” said Mercury General Manager Jim Pitman.

If they felt that strongly about her, they probably gave her a guaranteed contract. Considering the decent draft PHX had, I would play Bonner at PF and try to deal Little, but who wants her at $101K guaranteed? Hopefully not the Lynx. Seattle?

I think Carson has already reached her ceiling and there’s not much to see there. She’s a dependable role player. Talbot probably has some ceiling left. With Cunningham, you definitely want to explore that ceiling and not assume there’s nothing there. Not sure what that assumption would be based on.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 04/15/19 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
And halfway through the season when Brondello hasn't played Cunningham and the Mercury give up and trade her for a bag of balls, maybe we'll find out just how good she can be. Wink

Although I do kinda see 13 players on the roster who might have a shot, so assuming they all show up, someone's getting cut (maybe two someones, considering there's a lot of vets):
Mitchell/January
Taurasi/Y.Turner/Cunningham
Bonner/Carson/Talbot
Lyttle/Little/Smith
Griner/B.Turner

If this is the roster, B.Turner is the cut. Seems easy enough to me. But, I’m finding it hard to believe Lyttle will be available to play at all this season.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/15/19 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They re-signed Lyttle this offseason, though. That suggests to me that they're expecting her to be healthy enough to be on the roster, and contribute at some point this season. I don't know why you'd re-sign her otherwise. Also they actively made a move to get B.Turner, which usually gives you a leg up towards making the roster. GMs don't want to look like they gave something away for nothing.

Last edited by Richyyy on 04/15/19 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tally24

PostPosted: 04/15/19 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=89495&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=229 Surprised

New year, new me Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: