Board Junkies Forums

Rebkell Fantasy Basketball League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/06/19 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, mojo. If there's a draft format that you think would be possible for you, let me know.

I guess I'm out. I could end up back in the hospital during the draft and I don't want to screw up the draft by not being able to draft when it's my turn.

I don't have the time or energy to play this year, but Mojo if you'd like for me to draft for you, I'd be happy to do that. You could PM me a list in whatever order you think appropriate and I would try to do your bidding.

- Amanda Gorman
Mojo

PostPosted: 04/07/19 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out how you will determine which position is the official Rebkell League position per player. When referencing the WNBA site PLAYER STATS there is a long list of every player. On this list Candace Parker is listed as forward/center. On the other hand, when referencing the WNBA site PER TEAM, she is listed as a forward only. There are others listed two different ways on the WNBA site. There will be confusion if this is not defined. Or maybe you addressed this and I missed it?

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/07/19 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how you will determine which position is the official Rebkell League position per player. When referencing the WNBA site PLAYER STATS there is a long list of every player. On this list Candace Parker is listed as forward/center. On the other hand, when referencing the WNBA site PER TEAM, she is listed as a forward only. There are others listed two different ways on the WNBA site. There will be confusion if this is not defined. Or maybe you addressed this and I missed it?

Unless someone objects, we will use the rosters found on the individual team pages on the WNBA site. They can be found by going to the specific team's page and clicking on the "Team" menu, and then selecting "Roster."

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/08/19 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, I'm going to act as Mojo's second and help him out in case he's unavailable. Do you have an idea about timing for the draft? I'm hoping it's weekend'ish. For our previous fantasy game we found a rolling draft works best, especially if it's during the week, or even for people who work weekends, but you could set a date/time to get the first several rounds in, which usually go fairly quickly, then go to rolling.

It would also be good to know in advance which option you're using for DNPs As that could effect the draft. Personally I like #4, although that would be more work for the scorekeeper. For the fantasy players, when you set up your default lineup, you could at the same time post your depth chart...or you could micromanage it, like Admiral will do, week by week. I think you, NYSport, should decide which option to use and just let us know.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/08/19 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Unless someone objects, we will use the rosters found on the individual team pages on the WNBA site. They can be found by going to the specific team's page and clicking on the "Team" menu, and then selecting "Roster."

Does that mean that if a player is listed as F-C or as G-F, they can be used in either capacity? Or do we need to pick one and use that the whole season?

- Amanda Gorman
NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/08/19 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

Does that mean that if a player is listed as F-C or as G-F, they can be used in either capacity? Or do we need to pick one and use that the whole season?

They can be used in either capacity. These players therefore will be a little more valuable because of that.

Mojo

PostPosted: 04/08/19 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Mojo wrote:

Thanks myrtle!

Mojo

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many teams do we have

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/19 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right now, we've still got the same 4 people (plus me) who said they were in the day I first posted:

Admiral_Needa
adamj95
NYSports56
mojo/myrtle
WNBA 09

No one's joined since, but we'll allow people to sign up...well almost indefinitely. If more people want to join after the draft has begun (or even during the first part of the season), we will expand. There's nothing but bragging rights at stake here: we are here to have fun and as far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier.

If anyone is interested in examples of how I would handle these expansions, say so and I will go into details about it.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/19 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Playoff seeds will be determined by W/L Pct.
Ties count as 1/2 win and 1/2 loss for W/L Pct.

Playoff tiebreakers
1) Head to Head competition *
2) Total points scored
3) Virtual coin toss

* If more than one player is tied, total the games played amongst the players, and compare W/L Pct. If one player is best, that player wins the tie. If more than one player is best, remove anyone who is not and repeat tiebreaker 1 until one player is left or until tiebreaker 2 is necessary.

The regular season will be 12 weeks long, unless there are just 4 players, when it will last 13 weeks. Playoffs will begin the immediate week after.

Here is the playoff format for every number of players in the league:

4 players
Round 1: #2 vs. #3 (#3 must win two straight games to advance)
Round 2: #2 vs. #3, Game 2 (if necessary)
Championship 3: #1 vs. winner of Rounds 1 & 2

5 players
Round 1: #3 vs. #4 (#4 must win two straight games to advance)
Round 2: #3 vs. #4, Game 2 (if necessary)
Round 3: #2 vs. winner of Rounds 1 & 2
Championship: #1 vs. winner of Round 3

6 or 7 players
Round 1: #4 vs. #5
Round 2: #3 vs. winner of Round 1
Round 3: #2 vs. winner of Round 2
Championship: #1 vs. winner of round 3

8 or 9 or 10 players
Round 1: #5 vs. #6
Round 2a: #2 vs. winner of Round 1
Round 2b: #3 vs. #4
Round 3: winners of Rounds 2a and 2b
Championship: #1 vs. winner of Round 3

Comments on the playoff formats: they are designed to hopefully make as many regular season fantasy games as interesting as possible.

In all of these formats, there are at least three levels of qualification. There is first place, which in these formats grants a berth in the Finals. Then there are at least two separate levels beneath it, where the teams on that level receive a benefit over the teams below them (in the form of a bye or a "mulligan" round).

The idea is that every team, regardless of level, will either be striving to better their position in the standings, or trying to avoid the team behind that is trying to catch up. Or even better, both.

Last edited by NYSports56 on 04/09/19 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/19 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After thinking about it, I am changing the roster size from 12 to 10.

Unlike fantasy football, I am 95% sure that there are no bye weeks to worry about. I think 10 players will be enough, and 2 less rounds of drafting is a good thing.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/19 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TRANSACTION LIMITS

Each team will be limited to a maximum of 3 players they can add to their team in a given week. Also, there is a maximum of 2 players that may be acquired by waiver wire, and maximum of 2 players that can be acquired by trade. So you cannot have both 2 waiver wire acquisitions and 2 players acquired by trade in the same week.

Each team's acquisitions are set back to zero at the start of the week: i.e., Monday at 12:01 AM.

A player may be released at any time, except for the period between 24 hours before game time, and the end of the game. After a player is released, league members will have 24 hours to put in an immediate claim for the player. If in this time more than one league member claims, the team getting the player will be determined randomly at the 24 hour mark, or 1 hour before the player's game time, whichever comes first. If no one claims during this period, the player is available to the first player who claims her.

If a player is not on the 24 hour waiting list described, you may claim her at any time, even when she is playing. Either way, once a player's first game of the week has started, a claimed player may not be used in any game that week as a starter.

Mojo

PostPosted: 04/09/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have you addressed draft order

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/19 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Draft order hasn't been determined yet. I am going to set up a transparent way of determining the draft order randomly (and other league decisions that require a random choice). After that, there's no reason I can't do it immediately, with the caveat that if someone joins afterwards they will be given a random position that might be ahead of yours.

It doesn't really matter that much anyway: we will be "snaking" the draft in a way that I hopes minimizes the difference draft order makes.

In our 5 team lead, we would draft:

Round 1: 1-2-3-4-5
Round 2: 5-4-3-2-1
Round 3: 5-4-3-2-1
Round 4: 1-2-3-4-5
Round 5: 5-4-3-2-1
Rounds 6 through 10, keep going forwards and backwards.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/19 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, I have set up the random die roller

It is on a boardgaming website called ACTS, and I have set up an account and thread on the site where we can make random choices.

To verify the results (or get a random choice of your own if a situation arises and I'm not around), log into the website on the following page: http://acts.warhorsesim.com/login.asp

username = nysports56
password = rebkell

(lower case in both instances)

After logging in, under Current Games/Generic Module, there is a link that says "1 game". Click on that link.

There will be a single "game" listed labeled as RFBL. If you just want to see the journal, there is a "view journal" link on the far right. If you'd like to actually make a die roll, or just make a test to see how it works, click on the link that actually says "RFBL."

I made a starting post in the thread and it was timestamped 4/9/2019 11:40:00 PM, just for verification purposes. In a few minutes, I will go to the website and determine the draft order for the people who have signed up so far.

Mojo

PostPosted: 04/09/19 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Draft order hasn't been determined yet. I am going to set up a transparent way of determining the draft order randomly (and other league decisions that require a random choice). After that, there's no reason I can't do it immediately, with the caveat that if someone joins afterwards they will be given a random position that might be ahead of yours.

It doesn't really matter that much anyway: we will be "snaking" the draft in a way that I hopes minimizes the difference draft order makes.

Round 2 and 3 are listed the same?

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/19 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

Round 2 and 3 are listed the same?

It was deliberate, but upon reflection I think it's not worth the confusion. The draft will snake traditionally, with the even rounds being the mirror of the odd rounds.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/09/19 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, again, with the caveat that later entrants could alter this, here is the draft order for the first round!

#1 - mojo/myrtle
#2 - adamj95
#3 - NYSports56
#4 - Admiral Needa
#5 - WNBA 09

Maybe others will alter this slightly, but this is where we'll be drafting in relation to each other.

Even numbered rounds will go in reverse order.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/10/19 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just as a note since there are an odd number (5) of players currently signed up:

If there are an odd number of players in the league, every week in the schedule there will be one team that is scheduled to play two teams instead of one. That team's score will be used in both games, and both games count in the standings.

While this does mean that some teams could wind up playing one more game this season than the others, the standings rely on W/L percentage, so it is a fair result either way.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/10/19 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LINEUPS:

Each week, a team's lineup will be the default starting lineup listed on its current roster, unless the team owner states otherwise. A team may change a lineup at any time if both players involved in the switch have not yet begun their actual WNBA game.

A player who does not play in her game (DNP) may be replaced in a lineup exactly as if she has not yet begun her game.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/11/19 2:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is everybody still in? Just looking for confirmation that Admiral Needa, adamj95 and WNBA 09 are still with us for the upcoming season.

Mojo

PostPosted: 04/11/19 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm ready

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/11/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to join. I had been hesitating because I will be traveling for about a month overseas during the season, but I can still make it work. I will review the rules more completely in the next few days. Also, if someone is out there who would like to assist me while I am gone I would be happy for the help.

Should be fun.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/11/19 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I assume the draft will be sometime in early to Mid-May, perhaps a week before the season.

Mojo

PostPosted: 04/11/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I would like to join. I had been hesitating because I will be traveling for about a month overseas during the season, but I can still make it work. I will review the rules more completely in the next few days. Also, if someone is out there who would like to assist me while I am gone I would be happy for the help.

Should be fun.

Welcome! I also needed a backup so maybe it will work out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 2 of 43

Jump to: