RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/10/19 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta love Megdal. He won't let go of this Presley Hudson to NY idea. It's based on one good tournament game and what else -- proximity to the Hudson River?

PostPosted: 04/10/19 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:

"I have an obligation to ensure that if we make a trade that involves Liz Cambage and the caliber of player that she happens to be, that we get an equitable package in return and I simply will not make that deal if we cannot."

He’s not really saying anything he hadn’t before, but I love the tough stance. It’s pretty subjective what anyone thinks is equitable in a trade for Cambage. If he were to say what he’s turned down, we would have a clue.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
canadaball

PostPosted: 04/10/19 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Sounds like Las Vegas to me...

Don't think it is that simple. My guess is Lambeer has made a juicy offer to Dallas b/c, let's face it, no matter who LV would take at #1, they would never be a contender this year; however, give them Cam and they move way up immediately. I conclude all the talk out of Dallas is aimed at both Cam (agree to play for LV or sit out) and LA (we want a package equal to Cam's caliber of play).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Bibb Has SPOKEN !!!!!!! Cool Cool

PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Being in the 6th position, I've basically come to the conclusion that I could see and be happy with a majority of the players that might be left. I could see us going with a post, a guard, or a wing. Would I mind moving up if we could, no. Do I see that happening? No. But I'm very excited for tonight!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The Bibb Has SPOKEN !!!!!!! Cool Cool

STAY STRONG DALLAS! Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Sounds like Las Vegas to me...

Don't think it is that simple. My guess is Lambeer has made a juicy offer to Dallas b/c, let's face it, no matter who LV would take at #1, they would never be a contender this year; however, give them Cam and they move way up immediately. I conclude all the talk out of Dallas is aimed at both Cam (agree to play for LV or sit out) and LA (we want a package equal to Cam's caliber of play).

Since Day 1 that has been the only talk to have here in Dallas lol

PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Young as #1???!!!

Has there ever been an American college #1 who was not a first or second team All-American per the AP, WBCA/State Farm/Kodak, USBWA, Wooden or ESPN ? As far as I know, Young got one third team (AP) and one honorable mention (WBCA).

Nope. Tina Thompson was the only previous American college #1 who wasn't a WBCA AA. She was second team AP.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Te’a Cooper is in the transfer portal now. Why didn’t she just declare for the draft? She would have gotten drafted. This is reminiscent of DeShields deciding too late what she really wanted to do.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/10/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Young as #1???!!!

Has there ever been an American college #1 who was not a first or second team All-American per the AP, WBCA/State Farm/Kodak, USBWA, Wooden or ESPN ? As far as I know, Young got one third team (AP) and one honorable mention (WBCA).

Nope. Tina Thompson was the only previous American college #1 who wasn't a WBCA AA. She was second team AP.

Thanks, just as I suspected.

So, as a matter of historical context and continuity, we should be shocked by mock drafters or real drafters who select as #1 a player whom no college ranking agency has put on a first or second AA team.

There are only three players in the draft who were consensus first team AA's: McCowan, Collier and Gustafson. I'd say the odds of one of those players going #1 would be better than Young. But only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the heart of the WNBA GM's. We'll find out shortly.
toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Te’a Cooper is in the transfer portal now. Why didn’t she just declare for the draft? She would have gotten drafted. This is reminiscent of DeShields deciding too late what she really wanted to do.

agreed. probably an early second round pick for 2019.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/10/19 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is a puzzle as to why the coach would look at 4 near 60% from 2 shooters, and go hey pass the ball to the 30% from 3 shooter.

Question

But the W is a very different game than college.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

agreed. probably an early second round pick for 2019.

Cooper has wasted her entire college career smh.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
canadaball wrote:

Remember also that no trades can be announced on draft day.

I think you meant until after the draft starts.

Right? Wasn't the Lindsey Harding/Tangela Smith trade announced in the middle of the 2007 Draft?

Randy

PostPosted: 04/10/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't they just do a "proposed trade". Happens all the time in the NBA draft?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/10/19 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Goofy Voepel previously had her at #11 for some reason, and some outlets may have copied her just because they didn’t know any better and they needed to produce a mock draft. Voepel finally came to her senses.... maybe because she getting so much ridicule for having Brown so low... or maybe she watched the tournament.

Or maybe she was speaking to her insiders and sources within WNBA franchises who gave her that information.

Now, certain individuals (*cough* Laimbeer *cough*) are famous for spreading disinformation...

pilight

PostPosted: 04/10/19 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
canadaball wrote:

Remember also that no trades can be announced on draft day.

I think you meant until after the draft starts.

Right? Wasn't the Lindsey Harding/Tangela Smith trade announced in the middle of the 2007 Draft?

They change the rules on draft day trades all the time

PostPosted: 04/10/19 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Young as #1???!!!

Thanks, just as I suspected.

So, as a matter of historical context and continuity, we should be shocked by mock drafters or real drafters who select as #1 a player whom no college ranking agency has put on a first or second AA team.

There are only three players in the draft who were consensus first team AA's: McCowan, Collier and Gustafson. I'd say the odds of one of those players going #1 would be better than Young. But only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the heart of the WNBA GM's. We'll find out shortly.

Looks like we can add Young to the list with Thompson! Smile

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's our bait. #7 = Kalani Brown & *Cough Cough* for Cabbage

PostPosted: 04/10/19 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

cough cough better be Chelsea Gray Laughing

canadaball

PostPosted: 04/10/19 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

cough cough better be Chelsea Gray Laughing

Cough Cough has to be Lavender, Will Agler take Brown plus a player who underperformed for him last year? Without including Brown in a trade for Cam, where does she fit on a roster with Neka, Parker, Lavender, and Valdeeva, unless Valdeeva ain't coming this year.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/10/19 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:

And this: "I have an obligation to ensure that if we make a trade that involves Liz Cambage and the caliber of player that she happens to be, that we get an equitable package in return and I simply will not make that deal if we cannot."

Probably exactly what Pokie Chatman said around this time of the year after Fowles demanded a trade to Minnesota. Then she later caved mid-season and traded a National Team member for 33-year-old Ericka de Souza and even had to throw in a 2nd round pick.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
canadaball wrote:

And this: "I have an obligation to ensure that if we make a trade that involves Liz Cambage and the caliber of player that she happens to be, that we get an equitable package in return and I simply will not make that deal if we cannot."

Probably exactly what Pokie Chatman said around this time of the year after Fowles demanded a trade to Minnesota. Then she later caved mid-season and traded a National Team member for 33-year-old Ericka de Souza and even had to throw in a 2nd round pick.

It was ludicrous. Pokey should have told Fowles and Minnesota to go fuck themselves.

That this woman is now in charge of my team drives me crazy.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/11/19 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
tfan wrote:
canadaball wrote:

It was ludicrous. Pokey should have told Fowles and Minnesota to go fuck themselves.

That this woman is now in charge of my team drives me crazy.

Pokey would have done better just giving Fowles away for nothing. At that time in her career Erika was worth less than the 2nd round pick she had to give up. Dream had no business being in that deal and got far more out of it than the Sky.

But as long as there are teams that want tank Pokey will have a job in the WNBA. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74
Page 74 of 74

Jump to: