RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Got G.o.T.?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/08/19 12:43 pm    ::: Got G.o.T.? Reply Reply with quote

HBO rerunning seasons 1-6 on HBO2 (502 DirecTV), beginning at 1pm daily.

PostPosted: 04/08/19 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or if you have Comcast, you could just watch all 7 season on On Demand.

It's also Watchathon Week for Comcast and HBO has a bunch of their content available for free.
sambista

PostPosted: 04/09/19 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can we keep this thread going through the final season? i need dialogue!

PostPosted: 04/09/19 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are we going to take bets or make guesses as to who, if anyone, ends up on the Iron Throne?

sambista

PostPosted: 04/09/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Are we going to take bets or make guesses as to who, if anyone, ends up on the Iron Throne?

wull, why not?!

y'know, i had this (what i thought was a great) idea that, if i knew someone at hbo or how to get through to them, i'd have pitched as not only a real money maker but a tribute to the show and a big thanks to its adoring fans.

hbo should've taken the final season to the big screen.

now, there may have been issues in how the show is filmed, but they throw so much money at it, i can't imagine it not looking brilliant on the big screen. there are plenty of intimate screening rooms around the country (in l.a., the obvious choice is arclight cinema), and i certainly would pay up to 20 bucks to see every single one of those final six episodes larger than life.

wouldn't you?

the show would still be on hbo, but seeing it at the cinema would be an option.

PostPosted: 04/09/19 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

The monarchy will be overthrown. Westeros will become an anarcho-syndicalist commune with the leader of each great house taking turns as sort of an executive officer. All the decisions of that officer must be ratified by a council of representatives from each house by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs or by a 2/3 majority in the case of more major affairs.

Either that or Lyanna Mormont will be queen.

PostPosted: 04/13/19 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Oh, you want a serious guess. OK. The army of the north has little success against the army of the dead and keep falling back until the wights get so far south that the Lannisters have no choice but to help. A massive battle ensues.

The Starks have retreated along with everyone else. Melisandre recognizes Bran as the three eyed raven, the Great Other that sits in opposition to the Lord of Light. She lures him into an empty building, locks them both inside, then sets it aflame, killing them both.

Cersei remains in the Red Keep during the battle. Arya uses her faces to sneak in. Just as she stabs the queen, Cersei also turns and stabs her. They both die.

In the battle, the human forces prevail when Bronn kills the Night King with a stray piece of dragon glass. Danaerys, Jaime, Jon, all the dragons, and many thousands of others are killed. The few remaining soldiers have no interest in fighting without their leaders.

Back at the Red Keep, the remaining members of the small council are debating who should be king when Ser Davos introduces Gendry, the bastard son of Robert Baratheon. The council agrees the he has the strongest claim and he takes his place on the Iron Throne.

PostPosted: 04/13/19 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

personally, i don't care who winds up on the iron throne. i wanna know (more stuff like) who's gonna take out cersei and how. i rather like the idea of the night king reviving all the people she killed in the high sept, and they all go on a rampage and ravage cersei en masse, led by margaery and the high sparrow.

or something equally dramatic.

and whether the royal imp finally gets his due.

PostPosted: 04/13/19 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally, I've been saying for years that the Night King is going to win and everyone dies.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/19 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Personally, I've been saying for years that the Night King is going to win and everyone dies.

You don't believe the "Bran is the Night King" theory?

PostPosted: 04/14/19 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Either that or Lyanna Mormont will be queen.

With Tyrion by her side.

PostPosted: 04/14/19 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watch GoT with TYT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mZYIN5kHp8

PostPosted: 04/14/19 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

You don't believe the "Bran is the Night King" theory?

I'll believe it if/when I see it.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/14/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

8-1 spoiler alert!

well, jon's heard the news!

PostPosted: 04/14/19 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, episode 1 was more exciting than an AAC game . . . barely. Maybe more action next week.

I don't understand Cersei's game. If the northern armies lose, she won't stand a chance. Her army couldn't even beat the Dothraki.
sambista

PostPosted: 04/15/19 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this wrapup is a great read and reminds us (or rather, the people of the web world who're already complaining about this or that) of the fullness of the first epi. they really did pack quite a bit into 54 minutes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/14/arts/television/game-of-thrones-season-8-premiere-winterfell-review.html

PostPosted: 04/15/19 5:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone complaining about the season premiere needs to be slapped with a dose of reality.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I don't understand Cersei's game. If the northern armies lose, she won't stand a chance. Her army couldn't even beat the Dothraki.

She supposes the winner of conflict will lose enough of their forces that she'll be able to overcome them.

PostPosted: 04/15/19 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

She supposes the winner of conflict will lose enough of their forces that she'll be able to overcome them.

The main reason that Varys kept working to keep Cersei in power is that she's not very astute. She's good at manipulating people but she doesn't understand long games very well at all.

sambista

PostPosted: 04/15/19 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

damn, that first epi was better on the second viewing. and third.

in demeanor and smart-alecky remarks, sansa has become cersei. let's see if her heart has turned that cold as well.

now, something i'm not getting: what is that tool/weapon arya has asked gendry to fashion?

PostPosted: 04/15/19 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

in demeanor and smart-alecky remarks, sansa has become cersei. let's see if her heart has turned that cold as well.

now, something i'm not getting: what is that tool/weapon arya has asked gendry to fashion?

Agreed.

Ep 1 was an excellent game reset, imo, with clues for what we might expect to come.

My guess is Arys's weapon will be used to kill the Night King...or Daenerys...or Jon...or Jaime, or all of the above.

Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/15/19 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Except . . . everyone killed by the white walkers can be reanimated as new white walkers, added to the Night King's army, right? How can he lose? Unless killing the Night King somehow stops his whole army. In that case, I think we just saw who is going to kill him. Arya's secret weapon will shoot down his white walker dragon. Remember how Arya, the faceless master of killing anyone, watched carefully the dragons flying over Winterfell.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/15/19 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Except . . . everyone killed by the white walkers can be reanimated as new white walkers, added to the Night King's army, right? How can he lose? Unless killing the Night King somehow stops his whole army. In that case, I think we just saw who is going to kill him. Arya's secret weapon will shoot down his white walker dragon. Remember how Arya, the faceless master of killing anyone, watched carefully the dragons flying over Winterfell.

Cersei may not have a full grasp on how the White Walkers operate. And she may not have thought through all the implications.

PostPosted: 04/15/19 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Cersei may not have a full grasp on how the White Walkers operate. And she may not have thought through all the implications.

clearly! and what's up with putting a contract out on her brothers? i mean, even that evil bitch wants someone she can pretend is close to her. she's not gonna live out her life with the likes of euron!

PostPosted: 04/15/19 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
sambista wrote:

Agreed.

Ep 1 was an excellent game reset, imo, with clues for what we might expect to come.

My guess is Arys's weapon will be used to kill the Night King...or Daenerys...or Jon...or Jaime, or all of the above.

Very Happy

ok, wait. am i forgetting something? are you just being funny, or did i forget a reason arya might have for killing jon?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: