RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/05/19 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But one aspect of the portal is that they don't have to "declare." According to that article, the information on the portal is supposed to be accessible only to school officials, not everybody and his brother. School officials are apparently abusing that by providing their login information to the media.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any word on Lauren Cox?

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/08/19 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still haven't heard about Sniezak. Maybe she's just going on to something else. It would be really nice to hear she was staying at Stanford, even without a scholie. She could be a difference maker for someone (like Baylor) in need of a PG.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 04/08/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minyon Moore is grad-transferring.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/08/19 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody cares that Young declared?

PostPosted: 04/08/19 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Talk on Volnation, from one poster supposedly in the know, that Evina Westbrook is in the portal.

Is that the same as Raoul's 'transfers' site, cuz she is already posted on that.
myrtle wrote:
But once they declare, it pretty much tells their teammates that they want out of there. I don't think it would be great for team chemistry to change your mind and stay.

Didn't Taya Reimer pull that? And it wasn't so bad for Bianca C-M.

myrtle wrote:
I've long thought Ruthie isn't 6-4.

WITH HER NEW HAIRDO, SHE'S 6-7!

I just saw UMKC lost 4 freshmen....ouch~!
• Bre Beck, 5-8 FR point guard, Chicago, IL
• Brooke Hampel, 5-10 FR wing, Huntsville, AL
• Marissa Metz, 6-1 FR forward, Downers Grove, IL
• Leilah Vigil, 5-10 FR forward, Montbello, CO → San Francisco

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Still haven't heard about Sniezak. Maybe she's just going on to something else. It would be really nice to hear she was staying at Stanford, even without a scholie. She could be a difference maker for someone (like Baylor) in need of a PG.

I spoke too soon. She's now in the portal too.

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sniezek is in the portal according to Raoul. Grad transfer.

He's also reporting that Women of Troy Marguerite Effa, Asiah Jones, Danijela Milisic, Minyon Moore, and Ja'Tavia Tapley are in the portal. It never rains in Southern California.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/09/19 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minyon Moore's sister, Mariya, was a grad transfer at USC, and Moore is from the East Bay. She's played with and against Sabrina Ionescu as a younger player.

Oregon needs a point guard.

Of course, so do Cal and a lot of other teams, but still ...

PostPosted: 04/09/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Talk on Volnation, from one poster supposedly in the know, that Evina Westbrook is in the portal.

Is that the same as Raoul's 'transfers' site, cuz she is already posted on that.

No. Raoul is a blogger who maintains a list of information accumulated by him. He has some pretty good sources and is usually on the money.

The portal is an official site maintained by the NCAA where students can register their intent to transfer. The information is supposed to be confidential and accessible only to registered school officials. Unfortunately, some of said officials have been giving out their login credentials to media. I gather some football related infractions occurred and school officials have been disciplined in the past. Some anonymous person who was apparently not a UT staff member posted a screenshot of Westbrook's portal entry on VN a few days ago, and after receiving umpteen pages of comments, VN took the thread down as it violated a student's confidential information.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/09/19 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul
@Raoul_000
Three South Carolina WBB players—LaDazhia Williams, Mikiah Herbert Harrigan, and Bianca Jackson—have placed their names in the transfer portal

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/09/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Didn't Taya Reimer pull that? And it wasn't so bad for Bianca C-M.

I don't know if she actually put her name in the portal, but she did leave the team, then come back. Then after she left again, she left a tweet after ND lost in the NCAAs (something like "What comes around, goes around.") that pretty much severed any possible remaining sympathy for her.

As a contrast, with Boley and Patberg there isn't nearly the animosity. With Patberg, most ND fans figured that all her sickness and injury problems kept her behind in team development so she decided on a new start. Boley was a surprise, but she's smart and/or classy enough to not say anything bad about her former team.

PRballer

PostPosted: 04/09/19 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul
@Raoul_000
Three South Carolina WBB players—LaDazhia Williams, Mikiah Herbert Harrigan, and Bianca Jackson—have placed their names in the transfer portal

Shocked

Jackson and Williams I could understand but Herbert-Harrigan is a big loss.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/09/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul
@Raoul_000

Interesting. Mikiah Herbert Harrigan was a part-time starter and double digit scorer. One would think that experience would be beneficial with so many young players coming in. Whereas Williams and Jackson would have likely seen their minutes reduced (they both have been roleplayers for the past two years), MHH very likely could have continued to be a starter.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/09/19 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As per Raoul:

Southern Cal
• Jillian Archer, 6-2 FR forward, Santa Monica, CA → Georgetown
• Marguerite Effa, 6-3 SR forward, Los Angeles, CA (grad xfer)
• Asiah Jones, 6-3 RS SO forward, Sacramento, CA
• Danijela Milisic, 6-4 RS JR forward, Sydney, Australia
• Minyon Moore, 5-8 JR point guard, Hercules, CA (grad xfer)
• Ja’Tavia Tapley, 6-3 JR forward, Jacksonville, FL

Is this fer real?? What happened here? Shocked

PostPosted: 04/09/19 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
As per Raoul:

Southern Cal
• Jillian Archer, 6-2 FR forward, Santa Monica, CA → Georgetown
• Marguerite Effa, 6-3 SR forward, Los Angeles, CA (grad xfer)
• Asiah Jones, 6-3 RS SO forward, Sacramento, CA
• Danijela Milisic, 6-4 RS JR forward, Sydney, Australia
• Minyon Moore, 5-8 JR point guard, Hercules, CA (grad xfer)
• Ja’Tavia Tapley, 6-3 JR forward, Jacksonville, FL

Is this fer real?? What happened here? Shocked

It's a real breakdown of the program. The only reason Trakh is there is because USC whiffed going after Jody Wynn. During this first tenure, there were parents that were clearly not happy with Trakh's coaching. He should've never been brought back as he is really a mid-major coach.

There is a big, talented class coming in. I wonder how that group will be affected.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/09/19 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul
@Raoul_000

WOAH ! KiKi WTH something is not right when practically your best player is wanting to leave . Maybe due to the Arrival of Amihere but shes been there all season just not playing .

PostPosted: 04/09/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul
@Raoul_000

WOAH ! KiKi WTH something is not right when practically your best player is wanting to leave . Maybe due to the Arrival of Amihere but shes been there all season just not playing .

Maybe she's annoyed that Dawn spends more time on Twitter acting like A'Ja Wilson's tween sister than coaching her. I like Dawn, and she will get a ton of recruits based on her social media presence and all the stuff she does, but she has a level of immaturity that is shocking for a coach at her age.

bullsky

PostPosted: 04/09/19 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deja Church from Michigan announced on twitter that she’s transferring to DePaul

PostPosted: 04/09/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

any of those girls from USC posts??.....

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
any of those girls from USC posts??.....

I think they're all F's (6'3")except the PG Moore.

- Amanda Gorman
Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 04/10/19 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is surprising- One of the assistants at USC is Aarika Hughes. She was an assistant at New Mexico the year my daughter was there, and she is a fantastic Post coach. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, she will give you all the extra coaching you want, 1 on 1. My daughter learned a lot from her.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul
@Raoul_000

Shocked

Agree. She has a big upside, imo. I wonder if she likes New England.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul
@Raoul_000

Maybe she's annoyed that Dawn spends more time on Twitter acting like A'Ja Wilson's tween sister than coaching her. I like Dawn, and she will get a ton of recruits based on her social media presence and all the stuff she does, but she has a level of immaturity that is shocking for a coach at her age.

ucbart, I don't think anyone who has worked for or played with Dawn Staley would characterize her as "immature." You don't get to lead three Team USA squads to gold medals and be the one who can yell at Katrina McClain or Yolanda Griffith or Sheryl Swoopes or Lisa Leslie to D up or get to your spot by being immature. That requires resolve, leadership and the respect of your teammates.

Nor does an "immature" person build two programs from the ground up and command a seven-figure salary and the top women's coaching job from USA Basketball.

She's fine tweeting at her former players, new recruits, or whomever she sees fit. I think she knows exactly what she's doing.

Encourage you to read this piece on her: http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/22732028/for-south-carolina-coach-dawn-staley-game-life-life-game

PRballer

PostPosted: 04/10/19 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
PRballer wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Raoul
@Raoul_000

Shocked

Agree. She has a big upside, imo. I wonder if she likes New England.

Ha, that's what I was thinking! Apparently she would sit out a year as she hasn't graduated from South Carolina, so it would be a traditional transfer vs. a grad transfer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 28 of 37

Jump to: