RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Connecticut vs #1 Notre Dame - 4/05/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Connecticut
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Notre Dame
69%
 69%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 36

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/19 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
from bleacherreport.com article....

"I love the fact that she can put the ball on the floor and that she can stretch the floor," two-time WNBA MVP Candace Parker tells B/R. "She plays bigger than she is. That's the type of game coming into the WNBA that will translate, because that's where the WNBA is now. It's positionless.

"Obviously, I'm in no way a Connecticut fan, but I'm a Phee fan because I know how much work she puts in."

To come this far, Collier had to.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829439

What team do you back?

Oh, I get it. Candace said she is not a UConn fan. But you are, I assume. Gabby Williams had some trouble adjusting her game to the WNBA, but rookie seasons are hard no matter what. I expect that Pheesa will also have a difficult adjustment but I'm pulling for her. I like her a lot but I'm a bit less fond of Lou.

I much prefer Collier as well, but Samuelson's physical and skill sets are likely better suited to success at the next level.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Howee wrote:

Laughing Mama Taj was an All-Star six times, and earned two WNBA championships. She's a Star. Probably even make the HOF, eventually.

You persist in ignoring that she joined the league TWENTY YEARS AGO. It was an entirely different game. Players were entirely different. It's not 1999 any more. Deal with it.

And you seem unable to grasp that I'm referencing Taj's entire career trajectory, wherein she played superlatively until 2012, against the likes of (I know, real schleps) Candace, Lisa, and Sylvia.

She did all this at a whopping 6'2", as a 5. Don't dis my *Mama*. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/08/19 2:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA 4's are not all monsters. Jessica Breland in Atlanta, Alyssa Thomas in Connecticut, Glory Johnson in Dallas, Brunson in Minnesota, Candace Dupree in Indiana, etc. Collier would be considered an inch bigger if we measured vertical reach. Her shoulders are about as high as Asja Wilson's and she has good arm length.

Last edited by tfan on 04/08/19 5:06 am; edited 2 times in total
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 04/08/19 4:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
from bleacherreport.com article....

"I love the fact that she can put the ball on the floor and that she can stretch the floor," two-time WNBA MVP Candace Parker tells B/R. "She plays bigger than she is. That's the type of game coming into the WNBA that will translate, because that's where the WNBA is now. It's positionless.

"Obviously, I'm in no way a Connecticut fan, but I'm a Phee fan because I know how much work she puts in."

To come this far, Collier had to.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829439

What team do you back?

my all time favorite player was cash, collier is the closest thing i have seen (might end up being better / liking her more), so the team i back will be the team collier ends up on.
with that being said, she is not 5'10 like gabby. she is not slow with history of injuries like tuck.
yes she is a little shorter than the ideal PF, but i still don't see the major challenge of playing undersized PF and/or a gradual transition to SF.

cash played PF at uconn and first year in DET. upon bills arrival she moved to the SF her second year... she had no reliable outside shot but was still 2nd team all-wnba year 2 and 3 until she tore her acl/hurt her back, etc.

thinking about everything with no ionescu coming out now - is anyone thinking bill taking collier with number 1, or trading down to get her? i think collier is better SF than mcbride? or i can see collier/wilson at 4/5.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 04/08/19 4:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh, and i mention that candace quote because i would say she has more insight than most of us... and her new gig with nba/tnt is coming more from analytic side.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/08/19 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to ND.

Sadly this UConn group just never had the player who could make the clutch shot in these games down the stretch. Sadly it will be what they are remembered for which isn't fair but that's life. Until they get that player it will be no more championships. I can't even imagine someone like Dangerfield making some of the shots Jackson or Mabrey was making in that 4th QTR.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/08/19 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
Congrats to ND.

Sadly this UConn group just never had the player who could make the clutch shot in these games down the stretch. Sadly it will be what they are remembered for which isn't fair but that's life. Until they get that player it will be no more championships. I can't even imagine someone like Dangerfield making some of the shots Jackson or Mabrey was making in that 4th QTR.

While CD is no MJ, I don't have to imagine her making big shots down the stretch to win a game, because I watched her do it in person a mere 8 days ago.

PostPosted: 04/08/19 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
Congrats to ND.

While CD is no MJ, I don't have to imagine her making big shots down the stretch to win a game, because I watched her do it in person a mere 8 days ago.

I suspect acsuc99 means a consistently clutch player, over an entire season. Actually, UConn doesn't have many clutch situations over the season. But, anyway, I don't consider CD to be a consistently clutch or elite player. She's too inconsistent. Under pressure, she's as likely to do something dopey as she is something clutch.
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
Congrats to ND.

I suspect acsuc99 means a consistently clutch player, over an entire season. Actually, UConn doesn't have many clutch situations over the season. But, anyway, I don't consider CD to be a consistently clutch or elite player. She's too inconsistent. Under pressure, she's as likely to do something dopey as she is something clutch.

Exactly. She shot 2-11. She went for a steal after Collier's put back put us up 66-60 leaving Arike wide open for 3. Dumb. She missed a lay up when we were down 1 late ensuring we'd never get the lead back.

She's a junior. She's a PG. She's been the floor general 3 years in a row the team fell apart in the 4th QRT of a Final 4 game. I understand she was big against UCLA. But playing UCLA in Albany is not the same as playing ND in the Final 4 in front of 20k.

She should be a much better, smarter, and consistent player by now.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/13/19 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster

PostPosted: 04/13/19 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Those years of innocence, when to those 2 Connecticut was where rich NY bankers lived.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/15/19 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
Congrats to ND.

Exactly. She shot 2-11. She went for a steal after Collier's put back put us up 66-60 leaving Arike wide open for 3. Dumb. She missed a lay up when we were down 1 late ensuring we'd never get the lead back.

She's a junior. She's a PG. She's been the floor general 3 years in a row the team fell apart in the 4th QRT of a Final 4 game. I understand she was big against UCLA. But playing UCLA in Albany is not the same as playing ND in the Final 4 in front of 20k.

She should be a much better, smarter, and consistent player by now.

I completely agree.

That's a bit different than being unable to imagine her making shots to win a game. She won the FSU game (a bit unfortunately, imo) in Tallahassee as a freshman.

PostPosted: 04/15/19 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

That's a bit different than being unable to imagine her making shots to win a game. She won the FSU game (a bit unfortunately, imo) in Tallahassee as a freshman.

The layup at towards the end of regulation? That was Chong.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/15/19 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Um......

PostPosted: 04/16/19 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Um......

Foul shots? Box score indicates she went 1-2, so that must be the "unfortunately." I'd hardly consider her the reason they won that game, the game vs. Baylor in Gampel however...

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/16/19 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Um......

Foul shots? Box score indicates she went 1-2, so that must be the "unfortunately." I'd hardly consider her the reason they won that game, the game vs. Baylor in Gampel however...

The player being discussed is Crystal Dangerfield. Why are you talking about Saniya Chong?

PostPosted: 04/16/19 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Um......

The player being discussed is Crystal Dangerfield. Why are you talking about Saniya Chong?

In his defense CTH, don't we all have random unpleasant images of Chong in our heads every now and than since 2017?

That play could be known as the moment the Empire fell. Or the moment that revealed the Emperor had no clothes. Both?

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 04/16/19 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Um......

My last post was about Danger. You said she won the FSU game, and it really isn't true.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/17/19 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Um......

My last post was about Danger. You said she won the FSU game, and it really isn't true.

My apologies. I incorrectly stated FSU. My reference was the Baylor game, which followed FSU, in which Dangerfield excelled.

Thanks for the correction. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: