RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tyler Summitt Coaching in HS now
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is really comical how you continually project your own emotions and fantasies onto others.

All the time you tell other people how you think they supposedly feel or what they supposedly believe, and 99.9% of the time you are full of it when you do.

I certainly don't "hate" Summitt. That would require effort that he's not worth. I don't give a damn about him. He's a pathetic worm, best forgotten and ignored, but he sure as hell should not have a job around young women.

That's just reality. Try getting a grip on it for once.

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/09/19 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
It is really comical how you continually project your own emotions and fantasies onto others.

All the time you tell other people how you think they supposedly feel or what they supposedly believe, and 99.9% of the time you are full of it when you do.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's not forget about Summertimeblues being the arbitrator about what is to be considered funny.

I am all for giving people a second chance. However, I think it is only fair to give some people " Their First Chance " before beginning to hand out all those second chances to others.

PostPosted: 04/09/19 7:30 pm    ::: Re: Tyler Summitt Coaching in HS now Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Apologies if this has been posted already but I just saw this and it was surprising to me as Tyler Summitt is going to be an assistant for his wife at the high school she attended in Fairborn, OH:

https://deadspin.com/three-years-after-resigning-over-inappropriate-relatio-1833849850?utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I can't believe someone would even allow him to be an assistant in high school. And I'm behind the times - had no idea he'd married Brooklyn Pumroy.
The job should go to someone who needs it. Not some punk who has proved himself unworthy of trust and who lives quite comfortably off his mom’s pension. This deceitful turd should not be coaching young women.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 6:06 am    ::: Re: Tyler Summitt Coaching in HS now Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The job should go to someone who needs it. Not some punk who has proved himself unworthy of trust and who lives quite comfortably off his mom’s pension. This deceitful turd should not be coaching young women.

To be fair this might not even be a paying job. Rather, more than likely a two for one deal for his wife. And then again it might be used as a jumping of point to prove himself to eventually get another coaching job as some posters are speculating.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fairborn official: Tyler Summitt joining girls basketball coaching staff was ‘miscommunication’

Quote:
However Tyler Summitt has not applied nor been approved by the Fairborn City School board of education as a coach for next season, a school district official said this week.

Phil

PostPosted: 04/10/19 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cue Emily Litella

LitePal

PostPosted: 04/10/19 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="summertime blues"]You are a horrible person....Art, you are exactly what I said, a vengeful hypocrite.[/quote]

Mods, this is definitely a personal attack and does not meet the guidelines set forth on your FAQ, namely:

Respect the people with whom you are debating or arguing.

Know where the line is between heated debate and abusive behavior and do not cross that line.

Attack the IDEA, as caune once said, not the person.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 04/10/19 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So you all think he should be shunned for life because he cheated on his wife and had a sexual relationship with another adult, even though it was improper, it was not illegal. People make mistakes. Young people make more mistakes than others. Some of you act as though he molested a child, which he clearly did not do.

He should get his mom's pension. That was her wish. She more than earned the right to direct that pension to her only child.

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/10/19 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PlayBally'all wrote:

He should get his mom's pension. That was her wish. She more than earned the right to direct that pension to her only child.

States and cities are having all sorts of financial difficulties due to inflated pensions. It's bad enough when it goes to the people who worked for it. The amount paid is generally limited because the pensioner is old and would not be drawing it for that long. It is another issue when the state has to pay a twenty-year old that pension for the rest of his life. I can understand spouses, they probably need that money to survive. However, the amount of money available is going to continue to shrink and pensions/retirement costs can potentially bankrupt more cities and states. The plans put together during a time of plenty will begin to look more and more ridiculous as the economy gets worse.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PlayBally'all wrote:
So you all think he should be shunned for life because he cheated on his wife and had a sexual relationship with another adult, even though it was improper, it was not illegal. People make mistakes. Young people make more mistakes than others. Some of you act as though he molested a child, which he clearly did not do.

The pension plan is what it is. She only "earned" the benefits and rights the plan provides. Evidently having lifetime benefits for her son, although unusual, were part of his mom's negotiated and earned compensation. Of course he'll get it. If you think it's a ridiculously generous plan, blame the UT administrators who wrote and agreed to it.

He just should never have a job where he is put in a position of authority or trust involving girls or young women. He abused his previous position of trust. There are consequences for such actions. There are things you do where you don't deserve or get a second chance. There are plenty of jobs he can get that don't involve female students. But making him a hs girls coach would be ridiculous.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think he shoulda got the Lady Vol's job, over Kelly. Razz Laughing

Phil? I think you might wanna take a poll here to see how many people actually know who Emily Litella IS Exclamation Laughing

PostPosted: 04/11/19 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Phil? I think you might wanna take a poll here to see how many people actually know who Emily Litella IS Exclamation Laughing

That did occur to me, but anyone who doesn't know, doesn't know what they are missing.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/11/19 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Howee wrote:

That did occur to me, but anyone who doesn't know, doesn't know what they are missing.

Awrighty then...."Never Mind!!" Razz

PostPosted: 04/11/19 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All you h**ers will be happy now.
https://www.wate.com/sports/ohio-high-school-removes-release-on-hiring-of-brooklyn-and-tyler-summitt-as-girls-team-coaches/1904471135

Apparently the publicity was too much.

PostPosted: 04/11/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
PlayBally'all wrote:

The pension plan is what it is. She only "earned" the benefits and rights the plan provides. Evidently having lifetime benefits for her son, although unusual, were part of his mom's negotiated and earned compensation. Of course he'll get it. If you think it's a ridiculously generous plan, blame the UT administrators who wrote and agreed to it.

My comments were directed at the statement " She more than earned it " and And I do blame the UT administrators for writing that in to her retirement package. I would also differentiate between the term " earn " and being given a perk. Administrators seem to like playing loose with other peoples money. They never feel the effects of their actions, but people who will have to do with less because of their generousity towards some one else will.

Perhaps many of you have yet to see the effects these sort of over generous retirement packages have on salaries and services for people in the future, but I have seen it all around me in California. If people want to reward some icon with benefits, fine. But do it with your own money and not from public funds that could be better directed towards more needed area's.

PostPosted: 04/11/19 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PlayBally'all wrote:

Coaching young people is a privilege, not a right. Merely having no criminal convictions is not enough.

PostPosted: 04/11/19 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
All you h**ers will be happy now.
https://www.wate.com/sports/ohio-high-school-removes-release-on-hiring-of-brooklyn-and-tyler-summitt-as-girls-team-coaches/1904471135

Apparently the publicity was too much.

I’m not a hater. I’m a lover of how sports can positively transform young people’s lives. I’m a lover of coaches who understand that power and honor that responsibility.

PostPosted: 04/11/19 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
PlayBally'all wrote:

My comments were directed at the statement " She more than earned it " and And I do blame the UT administrators for writing that in to her retirement package. I would also differentiate between the term " earn " and being given a perk. Administrators seem to like playing loose with other peoples money. They never feel the effects of their actions, but people who will have to do with less because of their generousity towards some one else will.

Perhaps many of you have yet to see the effects these sort of over generous retirement packages have on salaries and services for people in the future, but I have seen it all around me in California. If people want to reward some icon with benefits, fine. But do it with your own money and not from public funds that could be better directed towards more needed area's.

That's not how compensation works. You can pay somebody a million dollars cash, or you can pay them half a million cash and another half a million in benefits. Benefits have a cost to the employer and a benefit to the employee. Both sides are well aware of that. They are both negotiating to a bottom line total cost/value. More cash? Fewer bennies. More benefits? Less cash. It's a zero sum once you determine the total cost/value targets.

If they hadn't provided the generous pension, they would have had to increase her monthly paycheck. They certainly didn't negotiate the salary and then pile on the benefits as freebies. And she and her agent never would have accepted a benefits cut without a raise in pay. If the pension is turning out to be more costly than anticipated, then UT is just bad at math and needs new actuaries.

So yes, she "earned" every dollar of deferred benefits exactly the same as she earned every dollar of her monthly paycheck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: