RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ionescu back at Oregon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/06/19 8:42 pm    ::: Ionescu back at Oregon Reply Reply with quote

So the Ducks are looking pretty good for 2020.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/06/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bummer

PostPosted: 04/06/19 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

THAT'S my girl!! Cool

I knew she had more sense than to get caught up in tall the hoopla of Big Money/Big Fame. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/06/19 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
bummer

I agree.

I wanted her to go. Then maybe Jackie would stay in hopes of being the #1 pick next year. Not much reason to stay now. Sad

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/06/19 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll call it. Next years title matchup will be Civil War! Ducks vs Beavers!

**please note the aforementioned declaration becomes null and void in the advent of player transfers before and after the start of the season, coaching changes among the principal coaches (Scott Rueck, Mark Campbell), any season ending injuries and failure of either coaching staff to adequately develop the potential of any player 6'6" or taller

Howee

PostPosted: 04/06/19 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
bummer

I agree.
I wanted her to go. Then maybe Jackie would stay in hopes of being the #1 pick next year. Not much reason to stay now. Sad

I really can't imagine that being #1 is really THAT important to these kids, more than, say, being #2 or #5....is it? Lotta hoopla, but not EVERY #1 is guaranteed Fame and Fortune. (See: Tan White, etc.)

On the other hand Jackie might just get her NC this year, and most certainly NOT be a contender with her team next year. That might be a bigger consideration.

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice, hopefully we get to see Oregon in another final four game.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
bummer

I agree.

I really can't imagine that being #1 is really THAT important to these kids, more than, say, being #2 or #5....is it? Lotta hoopla, but not EVERY #1 is guaranteed Fame and Fortune. (See: Tan White, etc.)

On the other hand Jackie might just get her NC this year, and most certainly NOT be a contender with her team next year. That might be a bigger consideration.

Tan White was not a #1 overall pick

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

probably after her debacle the other night 6 for 24 she thought her draft status would drop....

this woman is about her, period......she got some notion or inducement to stay and hopefully its legit.......

she's made a mistake I think......injury can happen at any time....

and, teams have figured out how to win against her.....

Ucla and Stanford will be loaded next year....OSU will be better..

Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/19 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
bummer

I agree.

Tan White was not a #1 overall pick

Oops. She was a #2. So let's go with Janelle McCarville. Or LaToya Thomas. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/07/19 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
this woman is about her, period.......

Blatantly ignorant statement, based on nothing more than your prejudicial hatred. DIRECTLY contradicted by her decision to NOT go for The Glory of a #1 pick. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/07/19 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCarville was a starter on arguably the best of the Lynx championship teams.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 04/07/19 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon has to be preseason #1, right?

What an incredible turn-around from just 3-4 years ago. Reminds me of Diggins/Notre Dame.

Phenomenal. Happy to Sabrina and the program.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/19 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
I'll call it. Next years title matchup will be Civil War! Ducks vs Beavers!

**please note the aforementioned declaration becomes null and void in the advent of player transfers before and after the start of the season, coaching changes among the principal coaches (Scott Rueck, Mark Campbell), any season ending injuries and failure of either coaching staff to adequately develop the potential of any player 6'6" or taller

You'll need to add as long as selcom doesn't match them up in an earlier round.

I can't imagine that would be wonderful tv for about 90%-95% of the country. I don't think that they will want another single-state final like they had in 2001. Or even a single conf. final. Look how many times they have had ND/UConn meet in the semi's.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
elsie wrote:

Blatantly ignorant statement, based on nothing more than your prejudicial hatred. DIRECTLY contradicted by her decision to NOT go for The Glory of a #1 pick. Rolling Eyes

X____________________

I agree, what an asshole post.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Oregon has to be preseason #1, right?

What an incredible turn-around from just 3-4 years ago. Reminds me of Diggins/Notre Dame.

Phenomenal. Happy to Sabrina and the program.

Next year will be

1a. Oregon
1b. Baylor

3. Nobody else close.

Then everyone else. I predict both teams will be undefeated entering the tourney.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
I predict both teams will be undefeated entering the tourney.

Never forget: BOTH of these teams lost to Stanford this season. Razz ANYTHING is possible.

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG & C are the two hardest positions to fill. Baylor will lose a starter from each of those positions.

I could see Baylor being hit with a couple of transfer outs.

I wonder if they’ll go with Queen Egbo as a starter or NaLyssa Smith?

Baylor should be very good but it’s not like they don’t have some things to iron out.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

>this woman is about her, period....

Sabrina is about one thing: Winning. She hates to lose in open gym, she hates to lose in drills, she hates to lose at anything.

That has its positives and negatives, to be sure, but she is no more about herself than anyone else is (we all have to make decisions, and those decisions obviously include the impact on ourselves).

And it's way too early to anoint any team, and lots can happen. In fact, I would think the odds would be heavily against (at this point) Baylor and Oregon being in the national championship game, or even in the Final Four. That's not to say it won't happen, but it's a long road with plenty of chances to blow a tire.

PostPosted: 04/07/19 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Sabrina is about one thing: Winning. She hates to lose in open gym, she hates to lose in drills, she hates to lose at anything.

That has its positives and negatives, to be sure, but she is no more about herself than anyone else is (we all have to make decisions, and those decisions obviously include the impact on ourselves).

And it's way too early to anoint any team, and lots can happen. In fact, I would think the odds would be heavily against (at this point) Baylor and Oregon being in the national championship game, or even in the Final Four. That's not to say it won't happen, but it's a long road with plenty of chances to blow a tire.

I've got Oregon pre-season #1...by a lot. Sabrina, Ruthie, Sabally1 & Sabally2.Plus Graves as coach. Ducks will bring it home and bring PAC back into the running. I've got South Carolina penciled in for the FF.

~rAf
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/07/19 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I've got Oregon pre-season #1...by a lot. Sabrina, Ruthie, Sabally1 & Sabally2.Plus Graves as coach. Ducks will bring it home and bring PAC back into the running. I've got South Carolina penciled in for the FF.

I just don't trust Dawn's coaching, but they're going to be loaded with talent all over the floor. I mean, she's arguably one of the greatest guards of all time and Tyausha Harris hasn't improved her game one bit in 3 seasons. Plus, that team will have a lot of freshman.

My FF next year is:

Oregon
Baylor
Stanford
???(Undecided) HA

linkster

PostPosted: 04/07/19 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's great that UConn fans will have a chance to see her up close next season. I may have to see about a season ticket since UConn's home schedule will include Oregon Notre Dame, Baylor & a renewal with Tenn.

letsski

PostPosted: 04/07/19 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:

and, teams have figured out how to win against her.....

True, except for NCAA tournament teams Portland State, Indiana, SD State and MS State. 31 puts against #1 MS State. But yeah, National Champ Baylor held her to 18 puts. (36% from 3) and figured out how to win against her.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PG & C are the two hardest positions to fill. Baylor will lose a starter from each of those positions.

I could see Baylor being hit with a couple of transfer outs.

I wonder if they’ll go with Queen Egbo as a starter or NaLyssa Smith?

Baylor should be very good but it’s not like they don’t have some things to iron out.

Given Baylor does not have a large recruiting class coming in, perhaps there will not be the transfers.

As for the final starting position, it will be interesting. Smith had a good NC game. But Cox played really well next to a more physically imposing, back-to-the-basket five.

I agree that Baylor could be very good, but I also agree with you that there are a few things to iron out.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
elsie wrote:

Agreed. If she was about her, she would've taken the money and run. I heard her interview on LaChina's podcast in December and she really loves her team. Injury is always a factor but you she will never have another experience like she has at Oregon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: