RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Notre Dame vs #1 Baylor - 4/07/19
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Notre Dame
48%
 48%  [ 16 ]
Baylor
51%
 51%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 33

Shades

PostPosted: 04/05/19 11:04 pm    ::: #1 Notre Dame vs #1 Baylor - 4/07/19 Reply Reply with quote

National Championship
Tampa, FL - 6:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Adam Amin, Kara Lawson, Rebecca Lobo)

Stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=b613f577-9974-405c-ab3d-1a23b32d5fc6&lang=en (tvpli)

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/ncaa/site.php?sid=wbb1

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/100/date/20190407

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/11/19 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 04/05/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Either Mulkey or Muffet will get their 3rd head coaching title and break the tie with Tara V.

bballnut901

PostPosted: 04/05/19 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toss up here...voted for ND but picked Baylor on another board. Baylor is bigger and has a game changer in Cox but Notre Dame is so dangerous offensively. I think Baylor wins if they can effectively neutralize Jess Shepard and Brianna Turner offensively. Top priority is pounding the glass and clog the paint to prevent Notre Dame's signature, "oh s***" passes (those passes where you have no idea how the ball got by 3 defenders to the post for a wide open layup).

If they can bait Arike/Mabrey into taking difficult perimeter shots, it will look good for Baylor. All comes down to their defense vs. ND's offense IMO.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/06/19 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My, my, myyy....well, here we are, folks. The Last Game of The Season.

In looking back at the early season rankings, the early prognosticators picked well: Notre Dame, UConn, Oregon and Baylor were #1-#4, respectively, in the AP rankings. Bumps 'n dumps throughout the next few weeks, but....we're right back where we started from, with those teams in the FF.

A little ironic, given how so many of us thought there were a solid 8-9 contenders.

And now, 2 remain: Notre Dame, ranked #1 for the first half of the season, and Baylor, ranked #1 for the last half of the season.

Let's hope for another spectacular game, no injuries, and lots of entertainment--on the court, 'n off!

(I wish Kim would do more sidebar pole-dancing or other fun stuff....she's 'got it'! Laughing Laughing )

PostPosted: 04/06/19 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TRIVIA TIME!

What school appeared in the most D-I NCAA WBB tournament finals during the 2010's (counting tomorrow)?

PostPosted: 04/06/19 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
TRIVIA TIME!

What school appeared in the most D-I NCAA WBB tournament finals during the 2010's (counting tomorrow)?

UCONN 5 times in title game
Notre Dame 4 times

PostPosted: 04/06/19 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
TRIVIA TIME!

Notre Dame 4 times

Are you sure?

UConn: 10, 13, 14, 15, 16
ND: 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19

PostPosted: 04/06/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will be rooting for Queenie's flaming abyss.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/06/19 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
TRIVIA TIME!

Notre Dame 4 times

Are you sure?

UConn: 10, 13, 14, 15, 16
ND: 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19

Aha you did say *counting tomorrow* Donggggggg Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/06/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We need a poll,
for who would win a dance-off
between McGraw + Mulkey.

Wink Laughing

lvf08

PostPosted: 04/06/19 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to see Baylor win. I like Kim and Cox/Brown are a great duo.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/06/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, I'm going to stick my neck out and predict an easy victory for Baylor. ND's success is very much rooted in the ability of their post players to dominate the middle. Shepard pushes people around and Turner outjumps them. Miami was able to neutralize the ND duo with Mompremier and Hoff. Baylor has an even bigger and better tandem in Brown and Cox. The Bears also have NaLyssa Smith coming off the bench if they need more athleticism. You'll see a big lineup at times with all three of them. It's a matchup nightmare. ND may have more offensive skill, but Baylor is much better defensively and they have physical superiority. Geno mentioned it before the UConn-Baylor game. The Bears are uniquely difficult to match-up against because they have big post players and speedy guards. Most teams have one or the other. In this game, along with more size in the post and greater quickness on the perimeter, Baylor also has better depth off the bench. Add it all up and I believe the Bears will win by double digits (15-ish) unless the ND guards have a great day shooting 3s. But even getting those perimeter shots off will require hard work as they're harassed by Richards, Landrum, and Jackson. I can also see Mulkey slowing things down like she did against UConn. That reduces the likelihood of beating yourself with turnovers, and it also results in a grinding, physical half-court game where Baylor has the advantage.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/06/19 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder how much time Kim has spent on ND flop prep.

PostPosted: 04/06/19 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Defense. That is the foundation of the current Baylor women's basketball team. Who will win the championship game? I don't know. What I would like to know is which player will Richards guard tomorrow. Will it be Young or A.O. ? Cool

PostPosted: 04/06/19 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Defense. That is the foundation of the current Baylor women's basketball team. Who will win the championship game? I don't know. What I would like to know is which player will Richards guard tomorrow. Will it be Young or A.O. ? Cool

my guess is Young.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/06/19 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

She knew "flop prep" was no longer necessary after UConn and the reigning Queen of Flop, KLS, lost.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Maybe as much as she would have on the UConn "neck snap" prep? (Thank you Sue Bird for that term. Wink )

For context, in their running commentary of the ND-UConn game, Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi invited Ariel Braker and Michaela Mabrey to join them in the 2nd half. At one point when KLS was fouled, Mabrey says "Come on! She's a flopper!" Bird replies with "She's a neck snapper. There's a difference."

Check out KLS's last shot attempt for a really bad example of it. No one touches her and her neck snaps back as if she was in a car accident.

taropatch

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

I'd say A.O.

Oregon was the toughest team to defend according to Baylor staff and players postgame. Haven't watched ND much, but if they move without the ball as well as Oregon, they have a chance against the Lady Bears.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/07/19 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It might come down to their benches. Baylor has the deeper bench, so if anyone on ND gets into foul trouble, advantage to Baylor.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/07/19 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Maybe as much as she would have on the UConn "neck snap" prep? (Thank you Sue Bird for that term. Wink )

For context, in their running commentary of the ND-UConn game, Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi invited Ariel Braker and Michaela Mabrey to join them in the 2nd half. At one point when KLS was fouled, Mabrey says "Come on! She's a flopper!" Bird replies with "She's a neck snapper. There's a difference."

Check out KLS's last shot attempt for a really bad example of it. No one touches her and her neck snaps back as if she was in a car accident.

Again, the difference is, I HAVE called KLS out for her flop/neck snap. Has any ND fan EVER called out one of their precious Irish floppers over the years?

Nope. Shocked

How come, ArtBest, Ex-Ref, and CBeibel?

PostPosted: 04/07/19 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite being smaller, Turner's defense/length is going to cause some problems for Brown. Kalani has a history of being spotty/passive against good defensive post players. Shepard/Cox will cancel each other out. Unlike Oregon's backcourt players, Ogumbowale and Young can create their own offense and get to the basket without the need of a pick/screen. I think Ogumbowale/Young are going to have big games(42- 50 pts combined).

Ex factors:
Baylor-Jackson/Richards.....Baylor needs 28 points minimum from Jackson/Richard.

Notre Dame- Mabrey....If Mabrey's hitting the 3, ND's offense will be that much tougher to defend.

My prediction:
ND wins by 4-8 points.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/07/19 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shepard/Cox will cancel each other out.

hmmm. If Cox and Shepard are matched up, Cox wins that battle easily, both on offense and defense.

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Again, the difference is, I HAVE called KLS out for her flop/neck snap. Has any ND fan EVER called out one of their precious Irish floppers over the years?

Nope. Shocked

No need to.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
zune69

PostPosted: 04/07/19 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shepard/Cox will cancel each other out.

hmmm. If Cox and Shepard are matched up, Cox wins that battle easily, both on offense and defense.

Shepard is a very savvy skilled offensive player. She can score in the post or hit the mid-range jump shot. Shepard's also a very good passer and rebounder. Her overall numbers are just as good if not better than Cox. I think Shepard is going to pull Cox away from the basket and open up the driving lanes for Ogumbowale/Young...Cox, however, is the better overall defender. This is going to be an interesting matchup.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/07/19 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Nope. Shocked

While I don't know if I used the term "flopping" I have mentioned that they have had to exaggerate to often make the point that a certain team from Storrs often gets away with fouling because their coach constantly talks about how "our guys don't foul!" and the media laps it up.

Case in point: Dolson's moving screens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: