PostPosted: 04/05/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The #tank2020 sweepstakes has begun!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/05/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn, there goes the main reason to watch the Fever this year... Sad

Shades

PostPosted: 04/05/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This isn’t that devastating to the Fever when you consider that Shenise Johnson is coming back and they also signed Betnijah Laney.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 04/05/19 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a real shame for VV and the team.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/05/19 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Freaking ACL.

It sucks for the Fever, but given their prospects for this season, its probably not that big of a deal ultimately.

What really sucks is how this might impact VV's development of a player. She surprised some last year and I hate that she won't be able to be back in her second season to maximize on that.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/05/19 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana was probably the pick to still finish last this season. The Vivians injury just helps them for the #1 pick in 2020.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/06/19 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn...Vivians was going to be one of my favorites for "Most Improved Player"...C.Parker being the other.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/06/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Damn...Vivians was going to be one of my favorites for "Most Improved Player"...C.Parker being the other.

Hard to see Candy P improving that much Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 04/10/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever add another sponsor.

https://www.wthr.com/article/indiana-fever-salesforce-announce-sponsor-partnership

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever right now:

PG: Wheeler/Kea
SG: KMitchell/TMitchell
SF: Johnson/Laney/Taylor
PF: Dupree/Mavunga/McCall/Robinson
C: McCowan/Achonwa/Alexander

pilight

PostPosted: 04/12/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ibj.com/articles/73314-pacers-cib-agree-to-360m-renovation-expansion-of-bankers-life-fieldhouse

Quote:
As part of the construction schedule, the building won’t host any events in the summer of 2020 or the summer of 2021. The Indiana Fever, the WNBA team that plays its home games at the fieldhouse, would have to find an alternative venue for two seasons.

PostPosted: 04/12/19 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.ibj.com/articles/73314-pacers-cib-agree-to-360m-renovation-expansion-of-bankers-life-fieldhouse

Quote:
As part of the construction schedule, the building won’t host any events in the summer of 2020 or the summer of 2021. The Indiana Fever, the WNBA team that plays its home games at the fieldhouse, would have to find an alternative venue for two seasons.

Two places come to mind - Hinkle Fieldhouse (a National Historic Site, and called Indiana's Basketball Cathedral) located on the Butler campus. Seat about 9000 it is very old (1928) but was renovated in 2011. They could do worse. Such as the Indiana Fairgrounds Coliseum which was old when the Pacers first played there in the 60's. I was there probably more than 10 years ago for a minor league hocky game. It was supposed to have been renovated before that but it was dark and dingy. IUPUI plays there now, so maybe it has been improved. I don't know.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/12/19 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

Feels like this is occurring more and more for WNBA teams these days.

miller40

PostPosted: 04/12/19 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Two places come to mind - Hinkle Fieldhouse (a National Historic Site, and called Indiana's Basketball Cathedral) located on the Butler campus. Seat about 9000 it is very old (1928) but was renovated in 2011. They could do worse. Such as the Indiana Fairgrounds Coliseum which was old when the Pacers first played there in the 60's. I was there probably more than 10 years ago for a minor league hocky game. It was supposed to have been renovated before that but it was dark and dingy. IUPUI plays there now, so maybe it has been improved. I don't know.

Those were the two places I thought of too. I want it to be Hinkle. That could actually be pretty nice. The fairgrounds, though, which is what I’m assuming will happen since they played preseason there recently, is a dump.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/12/19 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

My sister lives close to Hinkle, so who knows - could go to a Fever game while visiting in the summer.

Those were the two places I thought of too. I want it to be Hinkle. That could actually be pretty nice. The fairgrounds, though, which is what I’m assuming will happen since they played preseason there recently, is a dump.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/12/19 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Hinkle have A/C yet? I was there in the summer of '87, it didn't and was about 120 degrees.

Pure misery.

And this article says '20, '21, and '22.

https://www.wane.com/news/indiana/pacers-indianapolis-officials-ink-deal-for-arena-overhaul/1921212411

Quote:
The WNBA's Indiana Fever will have to play home games elsewhere for the 2020, 2021 and 2022 seasons.

This one says '20, '21, and only part '22.

https://fox59.com/2019/04/12/pacers-city-agree-to-360-million-deal-to-keep-team-in-indy-for-next-25-years/

Quote:
Because the Indiana Fever play during the summer, home games will be played elsewhere during the 2020 and 2021 seasons and part of the 2022 season.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
toad455

PostPosted: 04/12/19 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This might kill the Fever. Crappy team and a crappy arena. Maybe they'll get lucky and get 4k a game.

Genero36

PostPosted: 05/08/19 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Training camp/minimum contracts do not count against the cap until season starts and they make team.

PostPosted: 05/08/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I an idiot, or is McCown not on that list?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/08/19 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

She took a little longer to sign her rookie scale contract than some of the others, so probably hadn't signed when Megdal got his data. Don't worry, she's even on the Transactions page as having signed now.

PostPosted: 05/08/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

She took a little longer to sign her rookie scale contract than some of the others, so probably hadn't signed when Megdal got his data. Don't worry, she's even on the Transactions page as having signed now.

But means the cap numbers are wrong.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/08/19 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

But means the cap numbers are wrong.

Well a little, yeah, but given that you could keep your most expensive 14 and still be under the cap it's not a huge issue.

PostPosted: 05/08/19 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vote for the Fever 20th anniversary team

https://fever.wnba.com/vote-for-the-fevers-20th-anniversary-team/

PostPosted: 05/08/19 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

My list in alphabetical order:

1. Bevilaqua
2. Catchings
3. Coleman
4. Douglas
5. Dupree
6. January
7. Johnson
8. Larkins
9. Mitchell
10. Sutton-Brown
11. Wheeler
12. Williams

PostPosted: 05/08/19 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
pilight wrote:

My list in alphabetical order:

1. Bevilaqua
2. Catchings
3. Coleman
4. Douglas
5. Dupree
6. January
7. Johnson
8. Larkins
9. Mitchell
10. Sutton-Brown
11. Wheeler
12. Williams

Catchings is the clear #1. Without her, they would have never won a title or gone to the 2009 Finals(possibly best ever and saved the franchise).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: