RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#4 Texas A&M vs #1 Notre Dame - 3/30/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Texas A&M
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Notre Dame
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 13

Howee

PostPosted: 03/30/19 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I like Gary too. I wasn't too upset when the beat ND in '11.

I got a chance to talk to him in '16 when the FF was in Indy. He was very nice. Pretty much everyone that walked by spoke to him, like he was holding court.

Wasn't that 2011, the year they beat ND for NC?? I was in Indy following Stanford that year when Blair beat them in the final seconds. But yeah, ya GOTTA love Gary. I say kudos for an ol' timer like him to keep in the heart of the game, and remain relevant....he's 73; anybody know of any coaches older than him? God bless 'im!

Kudos to ND....of the final 8 teams, (today!) they looked the most lethal of all. what they got left?

PostPosted: 03/30/19 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Carter may be a great player, but her actions cause me to not like her much.

I don't think it counts. I hope that it doesn't anyway.

Carter's just a little bitch!

Woah chill my friend. Shes nowhere near close to a b*tch be respectful. You never know who's reading these boards. Players , FAMILY members, coaches ect...

PostPosted: 03/30/19 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some people confuse trash talking with taunting. At parks and playgrounds in every large city in the USA when there are competitive games between two talented teams believe this there is some major trash talking going on. I know because I have been there and done that! Laughing

PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Woah chill my friend. Shes nowhere near close to a b*tch be respectful. You never know who's reading these boards. Players , FAMILY members, coaches ect...

I have the feeling she would take it as a compliment. Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
I like Gary too. I wasn't too upset when the beat ND in '11.

I got a chance to talk to him in '16 when the FF was in Indy. He was very nice. Pretty much everyone that walked by spoke to him, like he was holding court.

Wasn't that 2011, the year they beat ND for NC?? I was in Indy following Stanford that year when Blair beat them in the final seconds. But yeah, ya GOTTA love Gary. I say kudos for an ol' timer like him to keep in the heart of the game, and remain relevant....he's 73; anybody know of any coaches older than him? God bless 'im!

Kudos to ND....of the final 8 teams, (today!) they looked the most lethal of all. what they got left?

It was '11 that they beat ND in Indy. In '16 the FF was back there and that's when I got to talk to him.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

She was very impressive in the press conference.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/19 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dl7qxczzMvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 03/31/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dl7qxczzMvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thanks for posting, like what he said about women's basketball, esp. towards the end there!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/31/19 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Some people confuse trash talking with taunting. At parks and playgrounds in every large city in the USA when there are competitive games between two talented teams believe this there is some major trash talking going on. I know because I have been there and done that! Laughing

True that. I didn't play sports (there were none for girls in the pre- Title IX time in the town where I grew up) but my kids did, and my grandkids certainly do, and I can attest to every word. And Muffet was certainly very complimentary of Carter. So ease up. I know I called her a brat earlier, but after watching her I think she's extremely talented and most likely a player who will mature. Emotions run high this time of year.

PostPosted: 03/31/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is an art to trash talking. It is a mental game that you play against your opponent. On the basketball court or football field you are always trying to get the competitive edge against your opponent. If your opponent is just as good as you then you get into his head. You get him thinking about something else besides the game that is right in front of him. If you are good then you get his mind distracted for a split second. That is all the time that you need to take care of your business. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: