RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Oregon vs #1 Mississippi St - 3/31/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Oregon
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Mississippi St
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/19 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
What does this game have in common with the first game of the day?

quality.

An unfair crowd advantage for the lower seed.

This game ain't over. Wait til the game is over before looking for excuses. I don't think Louisville was claiming the reason they lost was because of the crowd. If Miss St doesn't win, I doubt they will claim the reason was the crowd.

It's not an excuse. It's an obvious observation!

so you would send Uconn to Portland and Oregon to AlbanY? A difference in many thousands of dollars. These teams have played in hostile arenas all year. You have to win on the road to win it all. Just a fact of life and basketball.

Again, it was just an observation, myrtle. I wasn't looking to debate the solution during the game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/31/19 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
Like game 1, this game is such high quality. I feel like we haven’t seen this much in Elite 8 games in previous years.

agree.

- Amanda Gorman
LibFan25

PostPosted: 03/31/19 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
McCowan is always out of position on D

Her foot speed is simply not very good.

yup, a stiff. Oregon is making her move alot

But a huge stiff. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/31/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

E. Hunter , a great 3pt shooter has been open several times at the 3 pt line. No one has thrown her the ball. Hunter has had 9 3 pt balls in 1 game. Why are they not giving her the ball. Miss St is going to lose this game!

Now they give her the ball and she makes it. Too late.

Last edited by bballgrl on 03/31/19 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/31/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was talk about having the regional finals being at a neutral site. I remember back in the during the UNC Latta-Larkins era, they had to play LSU in "neutral" New Orleans.

It looks like Miss St. Final Four run might be coming to an end. Was Victoria Vivians are driving force being those runs or McCowan just had a better supporting cast?

Last edited by Davis4632 on 03/31/19 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
LibFan25

PostPosted: 03/31/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miss Ionescu is takin over, she got that EYE of the Tiger look in her. i like that s**t lol

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/31/19 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Today's games have been aMAZINg!

Oregon is in shape. They don't substitute much and they just go. Ionescu is a warrior!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/31/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, it looks like 2 #2's are going to advance.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/31/19 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu undisputed #1 pick now.

PostPosted: 03/31/19 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

both #2's spent quite a bit of time this year being thought of as #1's. I've said for a long time there are 6 teams that deserved #1's and this pretty much proves it.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/31/19 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, I kinda thought a Brown v. McCowan matchup would have been fun, but now we won't see it until this summer.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/19 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Always has been as far as I know.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/31/19 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Always has been as far as I know.

As far as i know there have been alot of questions amongst gm's of late , but ive always pegged her as the best prospect .

PostPosted: 03/31/19 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Yeah, I wonder why. No sixth man advantage for either #1 seed.

I'll root for Oregon to go all the way (just to see if it'll cause Ionescu to declare for the draft), but I have a feeling they won't play nearly as well way out in Tampa.

taropatch

PostPosted: 03/31/19 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might be the best game of the tourney so far. Tough draw for MS-State playing in front of that Duck home crowd. It will be a long time before we see another player like Ionescu come along. Congratulations to Oregon on their first trip to the Final Four.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/31/19 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Be still my heart!! Cool

What an awesome game....I REALLY thought Vic couldn't be beat twice by Kelly. But beautifully played. YET ANOTHER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP caliber game....all in one day!

*Bulldogs' shooting percentages were not far behind, but....OR's 54% (50 on 3s) was freeking amazing.

*McCowan looked righteously frustrated for much of that game, but 19 n' 15 is damned good! She just looked mentally defeated by the 3rd Q.

*Sabally's point production was obviously terrific, but her sheer energy/athleticism combo was a really tangible difference-maker, imo.

*Holmes' 13 asst were pretty phenomenal.

*BOTH teams also demonstrated strongly equivalent numbers in rebounding, TOs, and assists.

*Tell me Espinoza-Hunter is NOT an athletic mini-Mosqueda-Lewis?

I, too, am a (tiny) bit disappointed to not see a Kim/Vic, Kalani/Teaira matchup. But I shall find a way through it all! Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/01/19 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was a fantastic game. Sabrina may be the most exciting guard in WCBB since Taurasi. Such swag. Her 3's and attitude was must see TV. I am glad the Final Four audience will be exposed to her. I wish this game wasn't on at the same time as a men's regional because it would have been a great representation of WCBB at it's best.

I love the style of play of Oregon. Free flowing, moving, crisp, spacing, offense. Not the unwatchable wrestling matches that I saw from some teams in the S16.

And what an electric crowd! Just amazing some of the fan bases and programs being built in this sport right now.

Miss State has nothing to be ashamed of. A lesser team would have folded numerous times playing in that atmosphere with how well Oregon was playing. Yet they responded every single time for 38 mins until the Ducks hit those back breaking 3's. Vic is a great coach and that group deserved a better fate than they got the last 2 season endings. But what can you do.

Congrats Ducks fans!

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/01/19 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State is an undersized team that is also not a great jump shooting team. Yes they have McCowen but the rest of their main players are all under six feet tall. They have just two players who are good at shooting the three point shot and Vic rarely plays them both at the same time. This team took their collective talent and made a deep run into the tournament. Too bad they lost the championship last year on a lucky shot.

PostPosted: 04/04/19 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You see she leaves Hebard to lunge at the guard which I guess is supposed to impede the lead guard in some way but the real result is she’s screening off her own very good defensive teammate in Danberry from doing her job.

Now Hebard raises her hand because she’s left wide open (again) in the cleared out paint, and McCowan has to use extra energy to chase down Hebard. And she’s still screening off her own man at this point.

Now even Kobe Bryant is stealing my analysis.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=26440122&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: