RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Stanford vs #1 Notre Dame - 4/01/19
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Stanford
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
Notre Dame
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 28

Shades

PostPosted: 03/30/19 7:47 pm    ::: #2 Stanford vs #1 Notre Dame - 4/01/19 Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Regional Final
Chicago, IL - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch (tvpli)

Audio:
https://gostanford.com/watch/?Live=1246&type=Live

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/ncaa/site.php?sid=wbb1

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/100/date/20190401

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/01/19 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/30/19 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now I understand the motivation behind the disrespect shown towards Baylor by a certain person on this board. They did not like Baylor's number one ranking and their tournament schedule. They were just envious that Baylor did not have to play and defeat Notre Dame in order to make it to the final four. Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/30/19 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always look forward to any Stanford/Notre Dame game. Forget today. I'm hoping that Tara saved everything for Monday. They sure didn't show much today except for competitiveness. 25% from the field and 10% from 3. Embarassed

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Now I understand the motivation behind the disrespect shown towards Baylor by a certain person on this board. They did not like Baylor's number one ranking and their tournament schedule. They were just envious that Baylor did not have to play and defeat Notre Dame in order to make it to the final four. Very Happy

Hey Rocky luv, just remember Stanford, as horrible as they looked today, did beat Baylor this season! I admit Baylor has looked better recently...but it's clear the B12 was very weak. and yeah, I wasn't too excited about our draw...would much rather have had another go at Baylor...or Louisville. But it is what it is. Hopefully we will shake off the rust and give the Nosters a go for their money. If not, not.

- Amanda Gorman
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The key to winning a championship is simple. You just keep defeating the team that is in front of you. I don't get into all those rankings and strength of schedule things. Just keep defeating the team that is on the same court with you and every else will work out with a positive outcome. Very Happy

Last edited by Rock Hard on 03/31/19 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford will need to play better than they did tonight to win on Monday

PostPosted: 03/31/19 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Hey Rocky luv, just remember Stanford, as horrible as they looked today, did beat Baylor this season! I admit Baylor has looked better recently...but it's clear the B12 was very weak. and yeah, I wasn't too excited about our draw...would much rather have had another go at Baylor...or Louisville. But it is what it is. Hopefully we will shake off the rust and give the Nosters a go for their money. If not, not.

You want to go Bear hunting again? Well no problem. Just beat that Catholic school from Indiana first and you might get your wish. Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/31/19 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

You want to go Bear hunting again? Well no problem. Just beat that Catholic school from Indiana first and you might get your wish. Very Happy

And then the Baptists from Texas. God may not be too happy with you...

CompSci87

PostPosted: 03/31/19 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stanford will need to play better than they did tonight to win on Monday

Astute observation. :P :)

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/31/19 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Notre Dame prevent M'lady from going Bear hunting? Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/31/19 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Will Notre Dame prevent M'lady from going Bear hunting? Very Happy

Well, first, Notre Dame has to chop a tree, and then tame a husky, before they get to go Duck Hunting. No Bears involved. Laughing

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/19 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what the late start time does to the attendance at this game.

9:00 start time + 2 hour game + 2 hours back to South Bend = short night for anyone needing to go to work or school tomorrow.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 04/01/19 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it’s worth, it’d be a 8:00 PM start time in Chicago.

Just be happy the team didn’t have to travel to California to be on the #2 seed’s home turf, like two of the other regionals.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/01/19 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Video Vandeveer has videoed her teams to wins over Baylor and Oregon this year.

Can she do it again?

Not if they play like they did last round. Good news for her is Oregon also looked lackluster in their Sweet 16 game and than looked fantastic the next.

Video keeps ND off balance for a bit than Irish cruise for a week of Muffett vs Geno nastiness.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/01/19 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of all the #1 seeds, this is the worst matchup for Stanford. ND has too much offensive variety to be affected by TVD's machinations and the Card have insufficient firepower to keep up with them.

PostPosted: 04/01/19 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Of all the #1 seeds, this is the worst matchup for Stanford. ND has too much offensive variety to be affected by TVD's machinations and the Card have insufficient firepower to keep up with them.

This is why the Queen of the Trees wanted to go Bear hunting. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/01/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:

This is why the Queen of the Trees wanted to go Bear hunting. Very Happy

Plus I picked ND to win it all...so yeah the worst of the worst.

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
For what it’s worth, it’d be a 8:00 PM start time in Chicago.

Just be happy the team didn’t have to travel to California to be on the #2 seed’s home turf, like two of the other regionals.

True, but most of the fans are probably driving from SB.

And I'm totally happy to not be playing in Cali!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/01/19 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford is very dependent on making 3s. Among P5 teams, they are 3rd in attempts and 4th in makes. If Stanford doesn't shoot the long ball well, then you get ugly games like the one against Missouri State or the first game against Oregon. The good news for Stanford is that they're unlikely to have two horrendous games in a row.

I actually think Stanford matches up well against Notre Dame. What allows ND to steamroll opponents is the post combo of Shepard and Turner dominating on both ends of the floor. Their ability to score inside opens up shots for the perimeter players. Their knack for grabbing defensive rebounds and making accurate outlet passes is what turbo-charges the ND fastbreak. I don't see them having it so easy tonight. Stanford can roll out their own star post player in Smith and another athletic post in Dodson. The Cardinal also have decent backups in Coffee and Jerome who can hold the fort while Smith or Dodson is on the bench. I also like Carrington and the Hull sisters versus Young and Mabrey. Kiana Williams and newly discovered defensive ace Anna Wilson have the athletic ability to keep up with Ogunbowale, although obviously no one stops Arike's crazy-difficult shots when she's on. I believe Stanford can make a game of it by using their depth. In the PAC-12 championship game, they held Oregon's high-powered offense to just 57 points while scraping up 64 points of their own. A similar performance against ND isn't that hard to imagine.

PostPosted: 04/01/19 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thank you for giving us a wisp of hope!

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/01/19 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, Notre Dame hasn't been shooting the 3ball well in the tourney. 11 makes in three games and only 8 by the starters (AO 5, Young 2, Mabrey 1). Mabrey hasn't been effective as a scorer all and perhaps is injured.

Given the lack of Notre Dame's outside game, Stanford can win with rebounding and defense, especially paint defense and transition defense. And of course they've got to hit shots.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/19 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford is probably going to shoot about 75% from the field tonight. Sad

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/19 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is some not-so-good basketball.

Teams are a combined 7-30. Shocked

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/01/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, you can leave the nerves on the bench now.

PostPosted: 04/01/19 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Stanford has a chance. They have enough posts to match-up inside with ND. Carrington can match up well with Young and she drives a lot of what ND can do. Regardless, I think ND has the edge but Tara has been able to outcoach Muffet in the past.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: