RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#4 Texas A&M vs #1 Notre Dame - 3/30/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Texas A&M
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Notre Dame
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 13

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And then there were 4!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And then there were 4!!!

I'll take it!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter is exhausted.

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And that was stupid foul! Come on AO!

Shades

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter looks pretty spent.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Carter is exhausted.

Maybe she should have taken a bite of that banana when offered to her.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
And that was stupid foul! Come on AO!

And that was even dumber, Arike! Geez.

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just like the UConn game. Damn!!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Carter's been mouthing off the whole game and the refs swallow their whistles.

But now?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
So Carter's been mouthing off the whole game and the refs swallow their whistles.

But now?

Isn't that the way that it usually goes Art? And don't forget the pointing at the scoreboard.

coffy73

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

But now?

I haven't seen Carter mouthing off in this game, not enough to get a tech anyway. She's been pretty composed compared to other games.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A&M has got to get into their offense faster. When they were walking the ball up under 1:20 remaining down seven, it was over.

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

But now?

Read my above post. Cool

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

But now?

I haven't seen Carter mouthing off in this game, not enough to get a tech anyway. She's been pretty composed compared to other games.

You haven't watched the entire game, have you?

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very entertaining game. Congrats to ND. Would have never thought this years version of A&M would put more of a scare in ND than the team last year with Howard and Williams.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to take this as a good thing. So far, the top teams haven't been challenged. Hopefully this will benefit ND in later games.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/30/19 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess this was a little too close for comfort for some folks. And btw, I’m no great fan of Carter either, but I like Gary Blair.

PostPosted: 03/30/19 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good try by Aggies, but I never thought they'd win it. You can't just trade baskets when you're behind; you have to be able to go on a run, pull ahead and then trade.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/30/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

But now?

Must be listening on the radio.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/30/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I think this might be the best game of the day. If the ref's don't help ND then TA&M might win. However, I think the NCAA would like to have UCon and ND in the final.

They'd meet in the Semis, not the final.

BTW, someone on ND Nation pointed out something interesting.

If the games go a certain way the rest of the way, ND could end up playing every team that's knocked them out of the NCAA Tournament in the last 7 years:

A&M 2011
Stanford 2016, 2017
UConn 2013, 2014, 2015
Baylor 2012

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/30/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I guess this was a little too close for comfort for some folks. And btw, I’m no great fan of Carter either, but I like Gary Blair.

that's interesting. I've respected Blair for a long time. But the fact that he lets Carter totally run wild is a bit weird for the program....which is why I assume Howard and Williams left. And if I were a recruit, I'd be hesitant to go there because who wants to play with a total me-first player?

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/19 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

I like Gary too. I wasn't too upset when the beat ND in '11.

I got a chance to talk to him in '16 when the FF was in Indy. He was very nice. Pretty much everyone that walked by spoke to him, like he was holding court.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/19 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

But now?

Must be listening on the radio.

I sure that you're right.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/19 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

that's interesting. I've respected Blair for a long time. But the fact that he lets Carter totally run wild is a bit weird for the program....which is why I assume Howard and Williams left. And if I were a recruit, I'd be hesitant to go there because who wants to play with a total me-first player?

That doesn't "fit" with my encounter with him. Maybe he's just picking his battles.

A good example of this is when she pointed to the scoreboard. It was all about her.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/30/19 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Did she just say 30 bus loads of people came from South Bend?

Those senior citizen buses only hold 20.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: