RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#6 UCLA vs #2 Connecticut - 3/29/19
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
UCLA
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Connecticut
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/19 9:03 pm    ::: #6 UCLA vs #2 Connecticut - 3/29/19 Reply Reply with quote

Albany Regional Semifinal
Albany, NY - 7:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Adam Amin, Kara Lawson, Rebecca Lobo)

Stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch?id=9a91a905-6555-4281-afbb-6d7a07e45981&rb=true (tvpli)

Audio:
https://ucla.leanplayer.com/

https://uconnhuskies.com/watch/?Live=1245&type=Live (sub)

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/ncaa/site.php?sid=wbb1

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/100/date/20190329

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/29/19 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/28/19 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've just looked at the schedule for Fri's sweet 16 games. Ucon(a #2 seed) has a game at 7 pm with NO other games on at that time. Mississippi State and Lville (both are number 1 seeds) are on basically at the same time. How does the #2 seed get the prime time OVER 2 #1 seeds? Someone who wants to see all of the games will have to watch either the 9pm or the one that starts at 9:30.

Thank goodness the Sat games each have their own time slot with no over lapping.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/28/19 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN has been propping up UConn for years. I'm convinced that the only reason that UConn gets games with top teams (ND, L'Ville, Baylor, etc) is because ESPN tells the schools that if you want any of your games on our channels, you WILL play UCOnn.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/29/19 4:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ya that makes sense

acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
ya that makes sense

I swear I criticize my team a lot so I have no problem with taking shots at the Hussies, but good Lord the stupid from those above. I guess ESPN propped them up to those 11 championships, 12 straight final four appearances, and like 4 losses in the last 4 seasons.

Maybe those schools schedule them because it may actually guarantee a sell out crowd for their teams to play in front of?

Morons.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Predictions-

KLClunk will shoot 2-8 from the field.

Meg Walker will shoot 4-16.

Deers in the headlight look relatively early. And certainly if it comes down the wire.

Olivia will come in and give up 2 O boards in a row and you won't see her again as the starters will play 40 mins. Who needs depth! Who needs size! Who needs physicality! The motto of the staff on the recruiting trail the last couple years. Should pay dividends tonight!

They will once again wait too long to have Collier carry them.

Not feeling too good about this one!

acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And let me get some more off my chest before the post mortems.

- How the hell was the main design of the offense this year to fire up as many open 3's as humanly possibly when it's clear they are so fragile that when they miss a couple they all start missing?

- In all of THE GENO SHOW's on SNY he complains the team doesn't have enough talkers. But the entire show is just Geno talking and them listening. Make them ENGAGE. Ask questions. Force them to communicate. Put them on the spot!

-Geno has been telegraphing the raising of the white flag all year. "Some years your just not good enough and that's ok." "Even if we play great that might not be enough." What the hell? Is that the speech he gave the 1991 white slugs before they made their FInal Four run? What happened to the fire in the belly? Is that winning mojo?

- It is criminal that Dangerfield and Williams don't dribble penetrate, drive, and dish, with their skill set. Instead they settle for jumpers and 3's. Pathetic.

- It is even more criminal that Meg Walker, who has the easiest job in the country as the 5th scoring option and opponent focusing on her teammates, misses about 6 lay ups a game. Maybe we should have hired a post coach?

- If it's a tight game tonight, watch Samuelson. She's no Mamba mentality. Will she hit a big shot in a big moment before her career ends?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/29/19 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
ya that makes sense

I swear I criticize my team a lot so I have no problem with taking shots at the Hussies, but good Lord the stupid from those above. I guess ESPN propped them up to those 11 championships, 12 straight final four appearances, and like 4 losses in the last 4 seasons.

Maybe those schools schedule them because it may actually guarantee a sell out crowd for their teams to play in front of?

Morons.

It really is laughable. I must have missed the bitching when Louisville was the only game on the other day. Oh wait, they're a 1 seed, so it's ok. But wait again, when CT was the 1 seed, it wasn't ok, right? Laughing

Get a grip folks.

Now, I for one have been bitching for years that tip times need to be staggered better. As noted above, Saturday is the way it should be.

Re: CT playing at 7 rather than 9, my guess is ESPN's only concern is optics. Better to have the facility filled rather than half empty for the first half of the first game. Looks better for WCB, doesn't it? And that's what we're all concerned about it, isn't it? Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/29/19 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
Predictions-

KLClunk will shoot 2-8 from the field.

Meg Walker will shoot 4-16.

Deers in the headlight look relatively early. And certainly if it comes down the wire.

Olivia will come in and give up 2 O boards in a row and you won't see her again as the starters will play 40 mins. Who needs depth! Who needs size! Who needs physicality! The motto of the staff on the recruiting trail the last couple years. Should pay dividends tonight!

They will once again wait too long to have Collier carry them.

Not feeling too good about this one!

No result other than a 20-pt margin either way would surprise me. I can see your scenario play out, and I can see UConn playing well and winning.

How early will Dangerfield make one of her infamous frosh-like bonehead plays? Will KLankenStein indeed be in the house? Will Walker be Ashley Battle or Maya Moore around the rim? Will it be Notre Dame Williams or freshman wall Williams?

Makes for exciting times. Wink

PostPosted: 03/29/19 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
ya that makes sense

Morons.

Wow! You just said I'm stupid AND called me a moron...all in the same post.

What does that allow me to call/say about you?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/29/19 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
ya that makes sense

Morons.

I don't think it's the guaranteed sell-out crowd for that prompts Muffet to schedule UConn (as Notre Dame's home attendance is already near capacity as they have a relatively small arena). Muffet has stated that she never ducks any team. She is happy that Notre Dame gets to play UConn every year. It's good for WCB and good for the Irish and the Huskies. I agree that it is highly unlikely that ESPN has to step in and threaten the other WCB powers to schedule UConn. I love the rivalry, although I hate when it lacks civility.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/29/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It doesn’t matter if UConn has a #1 or #2 seed, they get the best ratings. It’s as simple as that. This thread will end up having the most views of the Sweet 16 games.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/29/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
It doesn’t matter if UConn has a #1 or #2 seed, they get the best ratings. It’s as simple as that. This thread will end up having the most views of the Sweet 16 games.

It helps that this is the only one that's stuck to the top of the forum.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/29/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
ya that makes sense

Morons.

It really is laughable. I must have missed the bitching when Louisville was the only game on the other day. Oh wait, they're a 1 seed, so it's ok. But wait again, when CT was the 1 seed, it wasn't ok, right? Laughing

Get a grip folks.

Now, I for one have been bitching for years that tip times need to be staggered better. As noted above, Saturday is the way it should be.

Re: CT playing at 7 rather than 9, my guess is ESPN's only concern is optics. Better to have the facility filled rather than half empty for the first half of the first game. Looks better for WCB, doesn't it? And that's what we're all concerned about it, isn't it? Very Happy
I guess you missed it because there was complaints about Louisville being the only game on its time slot and three other games being in the same time slot instead of one of them being time slot as Louisville.

Last edited by Davis4632 on 03/29/19 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 03/29/19 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Shades wrote:

It helps that this is the only one that's stuck to the top of the forum.

I’m sure people would be able to find it and it’d be on top without any help. Only about 7 years experience helping me come to that conclusion.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Greetings from Albany....i can say with authority that this was the weakest Regional crowd applause for CT i've ever witnessed. This includes 2002 Milwaukee and 2005 K.C.

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I predict if they are going to cover Collier One on One, UCLA will be in trouble.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA can win this game if they just calm their asses down on offense and get back in transition.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well...we ahead after 1.

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish he could pronounce Onyenwere correctly

Listen here to hear it correctly

https://twitter.com/sportsiren/status/1111378610655387648

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can i get an honest take- was Dangerfield fouled at least on one of her drives? I'm at the other end.

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
UCLA can win this game if they just calm their asses down on offense and get back in transition.

they also need to shoot a bit better than 25% Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:

they also need to shoot a bit better than 25% Laughing

+1

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/29/19 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
ya that makes sense

Morons.

Maybe if you can stop calling people names for a minute or two, you could go back and re-read what I typed. Your reply took a HUGE left turn from anything that I typed.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/19 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First half: UConn can't rebound and run against any sort of height, so they have to execute half court offense, at which they are the worst UConn team in many. many years. Especially if KLS isn't contributing, as she isn't.

Anyone's game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: