RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 Buffalo @ #2 Connecticut - 3/24/19
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/23/19 9:25 pm    ::: #10 Buffalo @ #2 Connecticut - 3/24/19 Reply Reply with quote

Albany Region Second Round
Storrs, CT - 7:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Adam Amin, Kara Lawson)

Stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch?id=b760f01a-b518-4730-b3b2-37b4161d506b&rb=true (tvpli)

Audio:
https://player.radio.com/listen/station/classic-rnb-buffalo

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/ncaa/site.php?sid=wbb1

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/100/date/20190324

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/24/19 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkster

PostPosted: 03/24/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

23-6 early. a typical UConn start while Buff have trouble finding a shot.

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 03/24/19 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Buffalo closes the quarter on a 9-0 run. Good decision by Legette-Jack to put Dillard at the point and bring in her more experienced players. They've settled things down some.

PostPosted: 03/24/19 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

52-37 at the half. Buffalo has outscored the Huskies after the first five minutes of the game, but they're still in a big hole.

PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

52-37 at the half. UConn getting killed on the glass and got very lazy on offense in the 2nd period but maybe it was Williams going out with her 2nd foul.

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

73-55 after 3.

PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn lost focus after 1 period and has played uninspired since. Part has been Williams sitting the last 13 min of the 1st half and now Dangerfield with 4 th foul late in 3rd period. Looks like the refs are evening the fouls and Buff fouled a lot early, but then I'm biased.

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cierra Dillard goes down with a leg injury at the 8:00 minute mark. Lead is about 15.

Lead now down to 11.

PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn apple-ing. Maybe not enough to lose. This game.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Buffalo could make 2 more threes UCONN will be im trouble. Shocked they even have it down to 11 with 5 to go. UCONN in cruise control.

did they ever give an update on Dillard's injury? Mostly watching the Miami-ASU game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Joe Foss

Dillard is back in, but limping and has missed two shots. Lead still 11. About 4 minutes to go.

PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Walker - the touch of brick.
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 03/24/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lead is 8 with 2:30 to go.

PostPosted: 03/24/19 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final 84-72.

PostPosted: 03/24/19 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gutty performance by Buffalo. Too bad they dug that early hole.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/24/19 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very worrisome performance by UConn. Imagine if Buffalo had Shepard and Turner in their front court, or McCowan and Howard, or Hebard and Sabally, or Cox and Brown . . . . Bug squash.
Howee

PostPosted: 03/24/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Familiar combo seen here: under-performing Big Dawg meets over-achieving Little Dawg. Shout out to Buffalo for being scrappy and NOT giving up. Cool

PostPosted: 03/24/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fool's Gold discovered in the UConn.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/25/19 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My takeaways from the game.

*Crystal's 4th foul and subsequent bench sitting is what stalled our offense. We played well the first 25 minutes of the game until she had to go out. Everything just fell apart when she left the game. When she came back in, she forced, tried to do too much, and was a hindrance more than a help trying to right the ship.
*Buffalo is the best #10 seed I've ever seen. They are tough as nails, physical, and clearly just a really good, well-coached basketball team.
*Thank you, Phee
*MW misses soooooooooo many effing layups, i just don't get it.
*I've been bitching about our FT shooting all year. It's atrocious. Plain and simple.
*Now-cruising in the early rounds hasn't helped us at all when times have gotten tough the past two FF's. We just played and beat a really good team who bullied us. I think coming out of this game could help going forward, perhaps. Or, I'm totally wrong and we are going to get used like a snot rag because we stink. HAAA

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/25/19 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

*Crystal's 4th foul and subsequent bench sitting is what stalled our offense. We played well the first 25 minutes of the game until she had to go out. Everything just fell apart when she left the game. When she came back in, she forced, tried to do too much, and was a hindrance more than a help trying to right the ship.
*Buffalo is the best #10 seed I've ever seen. They are tough as nails, physical, and clearly just a really good, well-coached basketball team.
*Thank you, Phee
*I've been bitching about our FT shooting all year. It's atrocious. Plain and simple.
*Now-cruising in the early rounds hasn't helped us at all when times have gotten tough the past two FF's. We just played and beat a really good team who bullied us. I think coming out of this game could help going forward, perhaps. Or, I'm totally wrong and we are going to get used like a snot rag because we stink. HAAA

Are they really ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/25/19 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:

*Thank you, Phee

UConn has only faced #10 seeds twice before, both wins:

2017 90-52 Oregon
1998 75-67 George Washington

PostPosted: 03/25/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:

*Thank you, Phee

UConn has only faced #10 seeds twice before, both wins:

2017 90-52 Oregon
1998 75-67 George Washington

AHH So GW is the best 10 seed ever then lol Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/25/19 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:

*Thank you, Phee

Yeah, my opinion is that. They're good.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/25/19 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agree with you, bart. Buffalo IS good. And if Dillard had been 100% for the whole game, who knows what would have happened......

But woulda, coulda, shoulda....*sigh* I wonder if Tennessee could steal their coach?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: