RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Entire NCAA tournament bracket leaked on ESPNU
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/18/19 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about Lobo's sneakers?

- Amanda Gorman
Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/18/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

They matched her dress. I'm glad we still got the one hour show. So Myrtle, how do you feel about Stanford being in ND's bracket again, Myrtleh

I might try to see if I can attend the games in Charlotte. I'm might not be able to make it to the games on Friday and I will most certainly try to make the ones on Sunday.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/18/19 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

They matched her dress. I'm glad we still got the one hour show. So Myrtle, how do you feel about Stanford being in ND's bracket again, Myrtleh

I might try to see if I can attend the games in Charlotte. I'm might not be able to make it to the games on Friday and I will most certainly try to make the ones on Sunday.

I do think ND is the best #1 so in a way it's disappointing since I don't think we're the worst #2...but it was no surprise and sometimes that's the way the ball bounces. I just hope we get to play ND...ie make it thru the first three games. We 'should' be able to do that but Alanna and Kiana both need to be having good games. So fingers crossed and on we go!

- Amanda Gorman
taropatch

PostPosted: 03/18/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Tune in at 7 p.m. for...AXE THROWING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1PBP0It4Q

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/18/19 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Well, piss!!!

I had to work and set my DVR for the selection show. Now I've missed it. All because ESPN can't do shit right!!!!!

Omg you too ??? Im seriously considering a twitter rant at the moment. And of course ESPN has not posted a replay AT ALL! This is totally disrespectful like how can you complain about ratings yet do things like this ? IM hella pissed...someone please tell me theres a replay somewhere?

PostPosted: 03/18/19 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

P12 networks has a nice selection program about the P12 teams that are in:

https://pac-12.com/live?networks=P12NAT

you have to put up with 'Mare' but in this setting, she's really pretty good.

- Amanda Gorman
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/18/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why in Christ does everyone have their damn kids/grandkids on these telecasts? It's ridiculous and totally unprofessional.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/19 6:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I do think ND is the best #1 so in a way it's disappointing since I don't think we're the worst #2...but it was no surprise and sometimes that's the way the ball bounces. I just hope we get to play ND...ie make it thru the first three games. We 'should' be able to do that but Alanna and Kiana both need to be having good games. So fingers crossed and on we go!

What I always wonder is why they don't play in the regular season (last regular season game was back in 1991). McGraw has suggested wanting to play in the Bay Area.

I think most ND fans would probably prefer any of the other #2 seeds, but two of them are kind of locked geographically, and ND already beat the other remaining one.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/19 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Well, piss!!!

I had to work and set my DVR for the selection show. Now I've missed it. All because ESPN can't do shit right!!!!!

Omg you too ??? Im seriously considering a twitter rant at the moment. And of course ESPN has not posted a replay AT ALL! This is totally disrespectful like how can you complain about ratings yet do things like this ? IM hella pissed...someone please tell me theres a replay somewhere?

Throw me in here, too, although it wasn't about working, just finding out too late what was going on. I figured "I've got the DVR set..."

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/19 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Well, piss!!!

Throw me in here, too, although it wasn't about working, just finding out too late what was going on. I figured "I've got the DVR set..."

I sure hope that the NCAA leverages this 'mishap' for more/better coverage. Maybe add 20-25 games (whatever # would be fair 'punishment' for ESPN to pay) to next year's regular season schedule

I know we all have issues with ESPN, but reality is that, as much as they suck, they are the network best equipped to cover the games. (Did I really just SAY that?? Shocked That was painful.)

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/19/19 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Well, piss!!!

I sure hope that the NCAA leverages this 'mishap' for more/better coverage. Maybe add 20-25 games (whatever # would be fair 'punishment' for ESPN to pay) to next year's regular season schedule

I know we all have issues with ESPN, but reality is that, as much as they suck, they are the network best equipped to cover the games. (Did I really just SAY that?? Shocked That was painful.)

I'm not sure about that nowadays. Fox Sports has made a HUGE investment and now have multiple cable channels dedicated to sports only. They have several regional channels as well. On the men's side, it is a collaborative effort with CBS, TBS, TNT, TruTV, etc. Same could work on the women's side with CBS, NBC or Fox.

All those layoffs are going to really catch up to them. My understanding is they are still losing loads of money.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/21/19 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Why in Christ does everyone have their damn kids/grandkids on these telecasts? It's ridiculous and totally unprofessional.

Probably to show, particularly to recruits and their parents, that "we're family here".
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/21/19 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really don't understand all the angst over this.

So, they screwed up. Stuff happens. The biggest loser is probably themselves since it screwed up their own programming plans and probably cost themselves ad revenue.

What difference does it make how the brackets were released? At least the info was correct; no one was misled. And those team celebrations are the most ridiculous staged events anyhow. Most of those players would probably be somewhere else, but they are command performance team events.

We still got all the usual interview with the selcomm chair and coach interviews and talking head commentary.

So what am I missing that was worth all the screaming and anger?

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/21/19 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I really don't understand all the angst over this.

So, they screwed up. Stuff happens. The biggest loser is probably themselves since it screwed up their own programming plans and probably cost themselves ad revenue.

What difference does it make how the brackets were released? At least the info was correct; no one was misled. And those team celebrations are the most ridiculous staged events anyhow. Most of those players would probably be somewhere else, but they are command performance team events.

We still got all the usual interview with the selcomm chair and coach interviews and talking head commentary.

So what am I missing that was worth all the screaming and anger?

I was majorly bummed about it as I enjoy going to the Selection Show party that Marquette hosts and seeing Marquette's name flash up there along with the team. And while this was the third year in a row that Marquette has gone to the NCAA Tournament, they are far from regular visitors. Before 2017 the last time they were in the NCAA Tourney was 2011. And I think Marquette will be lucky to even make the WNIT next year so I was looking forward to just enjoying this year's Selection Party.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: