RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 03/13/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christy Smith (former WNBA player) is gone at Incarnate Word.

https://uiwcardinals.com/news/2019/3/10/uiw-begins-search-for-new-womens-basketball-head-coach.aspx?path=wbball

PostPosted: 03/13/19 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mentioning an opening again doesn't necessarily "hurt", but we have mentioned 3 coaches (Richmond, Rhode Island, Incarnate Word) twice. Easy to miss as they will continue to roll out quickly, but we are duplicating posts.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/13/19 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Mentioning an opening again doesn't necessarily "hurt", but we have mentioned 3 coaches (Richmond, Rhode Island, Incarnate Word) twice. Easy to miss as they will continue to roll out quickly, but we are duplicating posts.

+1

Was going to mention this but looks like you did. Thank you!

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/13/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arkansas State not renewing Boyer's contract … after 20 years at helm

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211795365

Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/13/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Arkansas State not renewing Boyer's contract … after 20 years at helm

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211795365

Wow. Shocked

4 years removed from a 27-6 record, and they went 15-15 last season. You'd think that after 20 years, he'd get a bit more time.

PRballer

PostPosted: 03/13/19 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:
Oklahoma announces staff changes as 2 Assistant leave

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211795197

The usual last gasp effort by a coach sitting on a roaring inferno, often demanded by the AD. Hire new assistants.

It works rarely; usually just delays the inevitable.

And yet Colton, her son, is retained.

Eye roll.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/14/19 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

College of Charleston open as Candice Jackson contract is not renewed.

https://cofcsports.com/news/2019/3/14/womens-basketball-jacksons-contract-not-renewed.aspx

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/18/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samford: OPEN https://www.cbs42.com/sports/local-sports/samford-women-s-basketball-coach-mike-morris-to-retire/1859217014

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/19/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LIU Brooklyn OPEN https://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/details.cfm?JobCode=176946785&Title=Head%20Womens%20Basketball%20Coach

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/19/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ECU job was official posted on their website back at the beginning of March. So I moved it from Interim to Open

https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/26680

tfan

PostPosted: 03/24/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They just played Evina Westbrook saying that there should be some off the court changes including the coaching staff. When asked if she expected Warlick to be the coach next year, she said “I don’t know”. Lobo and Landers were not happy about that. They also showed Warlick at the post-game press conference saying that she wanted to coach next year, but she said something about they may go in another direction.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 03/24/19 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
They just played Evina Westbrook saying that there should be some off the court changes including the coaching staff. When asked if she expected Warlick to be the coach next year, she said “I don’t know”. Lobo and Landers were not happy about that. They also showed Warlick at the post-game press conference saying that she wanted to coach next year, but she said something about they may go in another direction.

Yeah, saw that and Maria Taylor commenting on how the reporter should've stuck to asking questions about the Box Score to a player which is a fair point.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
tfan wrote:

Yeah, saw that and Maria Taylor commenting on how the reporter should've stuck to asking questions about the Box Score to a player which is a fair point.

I have to disagree here ...

The biggest story at Tennessee basketball is not Evina Westbrook's box score but Holly Warlick's future ... and Landers, especially, is just sticking up for an old coaching buddy.

Sure, Westbrook might have handled the interview better, but she's what? 20? She didn't lie, she didn't say anything wrong or hurtful, she just answered, or didn't answer, a series of good questions by journalists who are interested in the sport.

So Rebecca Lobo doesn't think those questions should be asked? Or that Westbrook should only answer them in politically correct ways? So much for her journalistic pretensions ...

And Landers was, like Warlick, a very good recruiter and a mediocre coach, so naturally he's going to jump to her defense.

Please ... this is news, and revelatory news, really. We now can be pretty sure there are off-the-court issues at Tennessee, and that the players aren't happy with the coaching staff. At some level, this is true at every program of course, but this is Tennessee, and LV fans and officials have to take the bitter with the sweet. If this is St. Mary's, no one cares -- but it's Tennessee.

Finally, what does this mean for Westbrook if Warlick returns?

PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
tfan wrote:

I took that as Maria telling Westbrook to look at the box score before commenting that the problem may be the coach.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ClayK

PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
tfan wrote:

I took that as Maria telling Westbrook to look at the box score before commenting that the problem may be the coach.

That's a reasonable statement, and I don't think Westbrook handled the interview well -- at least in terms of politically correct and saying all the right things.

"I need to play better, that's for sure. There's a lot we need to work on, and it's got to be a group effort."

There's your smooth quote -- I would have thought the Tennessee players would have been well-schooled on those canned replies by now.

Instead, we got to hear what Westbrook really thought, and is that such a bad thing that she should be criticized on an ESPN national broadcast? How about some criticism of Warlick or the Tennessee administration? After all, they are the adults in that room.

PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I would have thought the Tennessee players would have been well-schooled on those canned replies by now.

Sounds like a coaching issue

PostPosted: 03/24/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
tfan wrote:

That's a reasonable statement, and I don't think Westbrook handled the interview well -- at least in terms of politically correct and saying all the right things.

"I need to play better, that's for sure. There's a lot we need to work on, and it's got to be a group effort."

There's your smooth quote -- I would have thought the Tennessee players would have been well-schooled on those canned replies by now.

Instead, we got to hear what Westbrook really thought, and is that such a bad thing that she should be criticized on an ESPN national broadcast? How about some criticism of Warlick or the Tennessee administration? After all, they are the adults in that room.

Sorry, but when you sign an LOI you become an adult.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/24/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we please keep this thread about coaching changes and not hotseat talk?
Hot seat thread - http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95290

Futureisbright already asked this once. This thread is so informative, lets not bog it down with rumors. Keep it separate

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/24/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ClayK wrote:
I would have thought the Tennessee players would have been well-schooled on those canned replies by now.

Sounds like a coaching issue

Sounds like an athletic administration issue to me.

Either they need to be the ones delivering the message on how to speak to the public or they need to make sure that the coaches are covering it better than they ever could.

Phil

PostPosted: 03/25/19 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Can we please keep this thread about coaching changes and not hotseat talk?
Hot seat thread - http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95290

Futureisbright already asked this once. This thread is so informative, lets not bog it down with rumors. Keep it separate

Agree, good point.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/26/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fairleigh Dickinson making a change at the top … Peter Cinella out at HC

https://fduknights.com/news/2019/3/25/fairleigh-dickinson-announces-change-in-womens-basketball-leadership.aspx

pilight

PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Machelle Joseph fired at Ga Tech

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/machelle-joseph-fired-georgia-tech/hH8W6QvPduR8ItGgzXvQ4N/

PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:
Oklahoma announces staff changes as 2 Assistant leave
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211795197

The usual last gasp effort by a coach sitting on a roaring inferno, often demanded by the AD. Hire new assistants.
It works rarely; usually just delays the inevitable.

And yet Colton, her son, is retained.

Eye roll.

Yep. Something's rotten in Norman. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 03/26/19 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hofstra's Kilburn-Stevesky Resigns

https://gohofstra.com/news/2019/3/26/womens-basketball-wbb-kilburn-steveskey-announces-resignation.aspx

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/19 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Hofstra's Kilburn-Stevesky Resigns

https://gohofstra.com/news/2019/3/26/womens-basketball-wbb-kilburn-steveskey-announces-resignation.aspx

They had a rotten year, going from near the top to the basement. Not sure what happened. On their upside, they did beat JMU in the tournament (JMU was missing 2 of their best players already and the 3rd got hurt on the opening play of the game).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 4 of 33

Jump to: