RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awhom111

PostPosted: 03/09/19 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So we've had people signed from the leagues in Iceland, Bulgaria, Finland, and Switzerland. Impressive.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/12/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty sign Reshanda Gray

Mystics sign Shey Peddy

PostPosted: 03/13/19 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Liberty sign Kolby Morgan.

So, Katie Smith brought back Kelly Faris and Kolby Morgan. Good to see she's being aggressive and using her imagination. Rolling Eyes

And Katie has been watching the overseas games mentioning it on Twitter bringing up Prince and Vaughn names SMH makes me think she wants to sign them.

It will be another boring year if those 2 come back and eating up all the minutes its gonna make me puke Mad

I have a really hard time seeing a good fit for Prince anywhere in the league, TBH. Maybe Dallas if they’re desperate enough to need her at PG until SDS comes back. She’s not a Top 12 shooting guard in this league anymore, IMO.

canadaball

PostPosted: 03/13/19 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Liberty sign Kolby Morgan.

So, Katie Smith brought back Kelly Faris and Kolby Morgan. Good to see she's being aggressive and using her imagination. Rolling Eyes

And Katie has been watching the overseas games mentioning it on Twitter bringing up Prince and Vaughn names SMH makes me think she wants to sign them.

It will be another boring year if those 2 come back and eating up all the minutes its gonna make me puke Mad

I have a really hard time seeing a good fit for Prince anywhere in the league, TBH. Maybe Dallas if they’re desperate enough to need her at PG until SDS comes back. She’s not a Top 12 shooting guard in this league anymore, IMO.

Yes, and Riquana Williams is in similar situation. She, and Prince, have been collecting 6 figure WNBA salaries, and, if they can find a team, would have to take a big pay cut to the veteran minimum. The one position in the W that is overloaded is two guard, especially with Durr, and Arike coming in this year. Should juniors like Sabrina and Young come out early, there may be no room anywhere for the two veterans.
Not sure about Williams, but Prince, with her russian passport, has been making big $ for years overseas. She is currently with Dynamo Kursk on a roster with Seattle's front line of Stewart and Howard. Fair to say she won't suffer economically if she misses the W; in fact, she could benefit from $100k tax deduction if she has no USA income.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/15/19 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream sign Mengran Sun

PostPosted: 03/15/19 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imani - look out. Someone wants your job.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/15/19 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who's Migraine Sun ?

PostPosted: 03/15/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

She will be a real headache for any team.

PostPosted: 03/15/19 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Who's Migraine Sun ?

Imani's headache.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RI-M3AY3Fp8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/15/19 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Who's Migraine Sun ?

Imani's headache.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RI-M3AY3Fp8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Randy! Damn you Auto Correction Laughing

PostPosted: 03/15/19 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Who's Migraine Sun ?

Curt Miller?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/15/19 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yet another Chinese center option, just this time one they don't have to draft. With this, the couple of draft prospects, and another preseason trip for the national team, looks like the Chinese might be actively opening up to the WNBA this season. Wouldn't be surprised if Shao Ting gets another training camp look somewhere (and we'll be talking about Li Yuan, their little point guard, as a draft option next year).

Last edited by Richyyy on 03/15/19 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
root_thing

PostPosted: 03/15/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember Sun playing stretch 4 at the FIBA World Cup and she looked pretty good, shooting 39% 3pt. I had some interest in seeing the Liberty sign her, but then I noticed that Sun hasn't done much in the Chinese League this season, shooting only 22% 3Pt. Still probably worth a look since she's 6-6 with potential outside shooting ability. Just a riskless roll of the dice.

PostPosted: 03/15/19 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like China has decided their players would benefit from playing in the WNBA. I suppose even in a short training camp visit they will learn something.

I was hoping for Shao Ting for the Dream also.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/15/19 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Liberty are looking at Xu Han at #14, they should really look at bringing in Shao Ting as a viable option at SF.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 03/18/19 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky sign Hind Ben Abdelkader

PostPosted: 03/19/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dream sign Mengran Sun

Mengran Sun's stats and information from the 2018 FIBA Women's World Cup:
http://www.fiba.basketball/womensbasketballworldcup/2018/player/Mengran-Sun#|tab=event_data

Shades

PostPosted: 03/21/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess some team should have drafted her last year.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bullsky

PostPosted: 03/21/19 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty sign Marine Johannès. I wondered when she'd get her shot in the W...

PostPosted: 03/21/19 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Merc re-sign Sancho Lyttle

PostPosted: 03/21/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you know if Sancho has the WNBA record for the most season ending injuries and comebacks?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/21/19 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Do you know if Sancho has the WNBA record for the most season ending injuries and comebacks?

Laughing Laughing

Im not laughing at her durability but more of the way this statement reads ! Laughing

PostPosted: 03/23/19 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I remember Sun playing stretch 4 at the FIBA World Cup and she looked pretty good, shooting 39% 3pt. I had some interest in seeing the Liberty sign her, but then I noticed that Sun hasn't done much in the Chinese League this season, shooting only 22% 3Pt. Still probably worth a look since she's 6-6 with potential outside shooting ability. Just a riskless roll of the dice.

I'm Chinese.

Sun is not that old but is clearly regressing. As you mentioned her biggest strength is stretching the floor. Solid post skills, runs the fast breaks. Good player with length and shooting touch who plays hard, but slow reaction time -> poor defense. Even worse rebounder, especially offensive. I'm not familiar with the Dream, but overall this is probably not someone to entrust a lot of minutes with, but she can add a spark off the bench in certain mismatch situations - just don't think of her as a rebounder or a traditional center.

China's biggest prospects are the young twin towers Li Yueru and Han Xu. Han with her crazy height and huge wingspan no doubt has bigger upsides and will probably fit the WNBA style a little better than Li, but Li is deceptively fast for her size and is IMO a bigger game-changer at this point.

Someone mentioned the young PG Li Yuan - very talented passer, but no WNBA prospect IMO. Terrible on defense.

Last edited by chinafan on 03/23/19 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 03/23/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chinafan wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I'm Chinese.

Sun is not that old but is clearly regressing. As you mentioned her biggest strength is stretching the floor. Solid post skills, runs the fast breaks. Good player with length and shooting touch who plays hard, but slow reaction time -> poor defense. Even worse rebounder, especially offensive. I'm not familiar with the Dream, but overall this is probably not someone to entrust a lot of minutes with, but she can add a spark off the bench in certain mismatch situations - just don't think of her as a rebounder.

Thanks for your insight. She will probably be competing with Imani McGee-Stafford for playing time. I know that Imani played in China. Who do you think is better?

chinafan

PostPosted: 03/23/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
chinafan wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I'm Chinese.

Sun is not that old but is clearly regressing. As you mentioned her biggest strength is stretching the floor. Solid post skills, runs the fast breaks. Good player with length and shooting touch who plays hard, but slow reaction time -> poor defense. Even worse rebounder, especially offensive. I'm not familiar with the Dream, but overall this is probably not someone to entrust a lot of minutes with, but she can add a spark off the bench in certain mismatch situations - just don't think of her as a rebounder.

Thanks for your insight. She will probably be competing with Imani McGee-Stafford for playing time. I know that Imani played in China. Who do you think is better?

I watched Javale's sister in one game this year - and I was not impressed. Her team sucked and I don't think she played in the second half when the game was already over. She was replaced in the middle of the season, not exactly sure why.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21

Jump to: