RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin Indicted in Alleged Scheme
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/14/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

College admissions scandal: Why we won't see mug shots for Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman

Quote:
The DOJ and U.S. Marshals Services say their policies prohibit releasing the photos because doing so doesn't serve the agencies' needs if the person in question has already been apprehended. In other words, putting them out post-arrest only serves the public's fascination.

The website for the U.S. Marshals Service, which charged with apprehending fugitives and transporting prisoners and witnesses, says it may release photos of criminals to aid in the capture of criminals still on the lam. But "once a prisoner has been arrested, the general rule is that no release should be made because (the) release of photographs of that prisoner to the media or public would not serve law enforcement purposes.”

DOJ spokeswoman Elizabeth McCarthy told USA TODAY her agency follows the same guideline.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/college-admissions-scandal-why-we-wont-see-mug-shots-for-lori-loughlin-felicity-huffman/ar-BBULoNO?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I kind of don't understand the whole nothing new here perspective. Seen and experienced it so many times here myself. That in and of itself is an interesting subject but I can come back to it.

I can't let the window into another world called California affluence and Hollywood pass by here. The lovely USC student by any means necessary daughter of Lori Laughlin had to be pulled off spring break on a yacht in the Bahamas belonging to billionaire LA developer Rick Caruso who is also Chairman of, wait for it, USC's Board of Trustees. Let that sink in.

So let's go back for a second to like 50 fucking threads I've been involved in here. This will now be one of them. California. Hollywood. The affluence here. Who they really are. Private schools. Neighborhood cabals that result in the perpetuation of actual white supremacy. Haters of Trump and anything to do with curtailing illegal immigration because they don't ever want anything to disrupt their supply line of domestics, groundskeepers, nannies, restaurant and small business workers, etc. coming over the border illegally, who are mostly indigenous Mexicans. The ATM of the Democratic Party and the agenda setters for the entire left of center political perspective of the United States of America.

All of that. Rome. I say. (Which, yes, I've been met with before with brush offs about nothing new here, etc.)

Anyway. So remember the private school thread I started here? That was all about this shit. Nothing else. I fucking ain't that interested in schools unless as it applies to politics or as the last hope for socio-economic leveling in this country. But anyway.

I don't watch (Yes, I'm rambling now. I know. Chinese herb.) TMZ but I do, for some reason, have it set to record all episodes. I just like to cover my bases when it comes to news and information. Anyway...

The Lori Laughlin thing comes up about her daughter being on Rick Caruso's yacht... and this is my whole point in posting this... but the Harvey fuckin' Levin, Allah bless his soul, says the following and now I'm a Harvey Levin fan forever:

"A lot of very rich people interact a lot, because, I mean, I'm sure there are more, but there are four schools, these private schools, that are ridiculously expensive. The school assemblies literally look like the Academy Awards. The biggest stars. Their kids go to these four schools."

So people here, I already know, are going to to say.. uh jammer, so what, rich people, we know, they send their kids to private schools. nothing new here under the sun. why are you wasting our time, etc.

So from now on, any time I bring this angle up or anything related to it, I'm going just going to add a few sentences that wrap it all up in a nice easy to understand package. For people. Rolling Eyes And, legitimately, my stuff on this is spread out over many threads over the course of a very long time here. Anyway. Goes like this.

You're being politically DUPED by the richest, cruelest, most unfair, most corrupt, arrogant, clever, racist, and eminently capable at accomplishing their goals group of human beings since the fall of the Roman Empire. Or the fall of the British Empire. Or the fall of the Confederacy.

They are controlling the political narrative of the Democratic Party and all who seek to win elections running as Democrats. YES (talk about nothing new under the sun) we know the Republican Party is evil and represents the environment fouling and gun proliferating corporate giants of the world. But we have not as a nation trying to right ourselves politically and rescue this country from the path of destruction we are all on YET begun an examination and an understanding of the other side of the same coin that is our entire politically elective spectrum.

I say this all as a lifelong Democrat who WEEPS at the idea that there could somehow someday be a taking back of our party by the working and middle class and Blacks and the south all the other traditional economic constituencies that once made up the base of the Democratic Party as it was once known.

Now the Democratic Party belongs to these people. And you don't know them. And you quite possibly don't see how much influence they actually have cemented into the political system on behalf of NO one or no thing other than themselves.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I can't let the window into another world called California affluence and Hollywood pass by here. The lovely USC student by any means necessary daughter of Lori Laughlin had to be pulled off spring break on a yacht in the Bahamas belonging to billionaire LA developer Rick Caruso who is also Chairman of, wait for it, USC's Board of Trustees. Let that sink in.

So let's go back for a second to like 50 fucking threads I've been involved in here. This will now be one of them. California. Hollywood. The affluence here. Who they really are. Private schools. Neighborhood cabals that result in the perpetuation of actual white supremacy. Haters of Trump and anything to do with curtailing illegal immigration because they don't ever want anything to disrupt their supply line of domestics, groundskeepers, nannies, restaurant and small business workers, etc. coming over the border illegally, who are mostly indigenous Mexicans. The ATM of the Democratic Party and the agenda setters for the entire left of center political perspective of the United States of America.

All of that. Rome. I say. (Which, yes, I've been met with before with brush offs about nothing new here, etc.)

Anyway. So remember the private school thread I started here? That was all about this shit. Nothing else. I fucking ain't that interested in schools unless as it applies to politics or as the last hope for socio-economic leveling in this country. But anyway.

This isn't a right/left thing. This is about privilege begetting privilege, and how it replicates itself systemically if left unchecked. This is Hollywood. This is also Wall Street. This is also business centers of the south. And the north.

But there is one significant difference in the way the right and left look at this issue: where the blame is placed. The GOP like to blame things like affirmative-action, or other minority groups taking things that they haven't earned, taking things that rightfully belong to those "hard working Americans". They coin terms like Welfare Queens, or Lazy Hippies, or people looking for handouts at the expense of the taxpayer. The Privileged Right convinces others that the people to blame for their lot in life is other unprivileged folk--often people even less privileged. One of the best examples of this is a conservative group recruiting Asian-Americans to sue Harvard because of affirmative action, while completing ignoring the much larger impact of legacy admissions.

The Privileged Left have a tendency to just be fucking hypocrites. They pay lip service to one thing, and then act in a way that best services their own interests and maintaining their own privilege.

But both of those, right and left, demonstrate the fundamental flaw in how our system is set up, and how it is rigged by the elite. The good ol' American Dream.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
But both of those, right and left, demonstrate the fundamental flaw in how our system is set up, and how it is rigged by the elite. The good ol' American Dream.

Good ol' American Capitalism, right? Laughing

You work hard, get ahead, and you, TOO, can be rich! No, wait....

You work hard, get ahead, and your TAX RATE goes up, and....no, that's not it, either.

You inherit your wealth from your capitalist (grand, great-grand, whatever) father, and use your wealth to screw other wealthy AND especially not-so-wealthy people, so you can get a $6 million tax refund from the government, Donald. THEN you dupe the stoops by telling them you'll make America great again.

The American Dream. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 03/15/19 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

This isn't a right/left thing. This is about privilege begetting privilege, and how it replicates itself systemically if left unchecked. This is Hollywood. This is also Wall Street. This is also business centers of the south. And the north.

But there is one significant difference in the way the right and left look at this issue: where the blame is placed. The GOP like to blame things like affirmative-action, or other minority groups taking things that they haven't earned, taking things that rightfully belong to those "hard working Americans". They coin terms like Welfare Queens, or Lazy Hippies, or people looking for handouts at the expense of the taxpayer. The Privileged Right convinces others that the people to blame for their lot in life is other unprivileged folk--often people even less privileged. One of the best examples of this is a conservative group recruiting Asian-Americans to sue Harvard because of affirmative action, while completing ignoring the much larger impact of legacy admissions.

The Privileged Left have a tendency to just be fucking hypocrites. They pay lip service to one thing, and then act in a way that best services their own interests and maintaining their own privilege.

So the more SPECIFIC the information is that people have, the more current, the more actual names and faces and deeds and misdeeds and realities that most people in this country can't imagine, the BETTER. I feel like I almost need to put a question mark at the end of that statement as it appears that people aren't really that committed to understanding or acknowledging it.

Also, the more all of this specific and detailed information is stated and restated publicly in any forum available the more the message is refined, the more polished the rhetoric becomes, the better the quality of the language and vocabulary is that forms around the discussion the more it helps to clarify the message and get it across to more people.

So that's just sort of trying to establish and justify what the conversation is I'm trying to have.

You kind of want to pass off the behaviors and politics of the affluent of California as they're being 'just hypocrites.' I can't easily tell you how much I disagree with that, and how off base I think that perspective is. And yet, how long and well established it is in the public consciousness of Americans. And how USEFUL it is as a shield from the forming of a much more nefarious perspective on the affluent mostly Democrats of California and Hollywood, and, THUS, why they are OH so happy to help perpetuate this idea of them being, at worst, 'just hypocrites.'

There was just another article in Esquire or GQ or something that is the latest in SUCH a long line of 'types' of pieces that is trotted out every so often and that is of the transplant here from back east who decides to 'experience' the 'real' LA and California and goes to some kind of self-actualization or group meditation or some mystic ceremony or tea garden or whatever. lol. You know what I mean. I want to scream when I see that shit in national publications.

People here are so much more sophisticated, better educated, wealthier, more powerful as individuals, that anyone seems to realize and they are as indifferent to the real issues and problems in this country surrounding inequality and economic and educational disenfranchisement as anything on the right. Those kinds of pieces end up in Esquire because these people want them to end up in Esquire. They are hiding themselves.

Anyway. Why should you focus on them when they're the ATM of your own party and you so need them to win elections?

Well first off, this whole country is a losing cause if you don't fix your own party and remake it as one that stands for every working class person, young person with a family in the military, black kid in Baltimore, and on and on.

But also because you are never going to fix the right or Republicans. They are not your party. It is not your ideology. The ONLY weapon WE have to use against all of those evils you describe and attribute to the right, is the Democratic Party. And the Democratic Party has been taken over by the largest, most indifferent, wealthiest, I would say cruelest, and most sophisticated people to ever exist in one place. They're not unthinking hypocritical California ditzes. They're smarter than you can imagine. They prove that every single day by what they've been able to achieve in their lives and what they do to maintain it.

I'll say this, as I've said it a thousand times, but this time directly to YOU, an educator, who probably creates his own syllabus and the focus of an entire college course, California constitutes an infinitely deep and sophisticated subject. While there are hundreds of books on the antebellum south and the Civil War and so many other historical periods, I'm telling you California, now I think the sixth or seventh largest economy in the world, is a subject area that is woefully underreported on. Everyone in this country needs to begin the process of studying and understanding California social economics and the influence the affluent of this state has on the rest of the country and I believe it just isn't happening at all to the degree that it should be.

You have an extremely wealthy, powerful, and influential swath of fellow citizens that is telling you all that they are something quite different from what they are. They have the resources to create images and perspectives unlike anything that this world has ever seen. Hollywood. The control of broadcast and cable television networks. News and information. And they've painted a picture of themselves as benevolent liberals. It's a lie. They are The Capitol in The Hunger Games. While people are looking at Trump and seeing an Orwellian nightmare, the nightmare of Suzanne Collins has completely snuck up on the people of this country.

PostPosted: 03/15/19 5:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One last thing. This all, because it isn't in the canon, and it isn't on CNN or MSNBC every night, and it hasn't been collected into a best selling collection of essays, etc. REQUIRES a) people become even aware of it and b) that they, and this is most unfortunate and doesn't bode well for how any of this is going to turn out, but it requires that people know what they're looking for and collect the bits and pieces of this giant news story and that 14th page item and on and on. You have to read between the lines. And you would have to keep a mental diary or a scorecard or something. Because there is no one thing that will give you a picture of what's happening in this country. Like Sarah Kendzior's The View From Flyover Country, you can't get a clear picture until you hear scores of stories from on the ground.

But you've got, I would suggest, one such telling news tidbit detail now sitting right in your face.

So let's take it apart.

Lori Laughlin is in such deep shit for getting her girl into what school? USC. She paid $500K to get her beautiful baby girl into USC. First, don't get hung up on that because that kind of money is CHICKEN SHIT to this family. The daughter HERSELF was good for that much and a lot more. This was all about creating a record. Covering not your own ass but the asses at USC.

Now judging from this thread, lot of you guys have seen these kinds of things before, cheating, gaming the system, not to mention the legacy admissions, etc. You've seen it all.

So how many times have you seen one of the cheat students doing spring break on a yacht in the Bahamas owned by the chairman of the board of trustees of the school she cheated to get into? lol. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN THAT? Shocked

I'm tapping my foot here. Lookin' at my watch. I won't hold my breath though. Cool

Just picture it. That chick. In a bikini. In the Bahamas. On a yacht owned by the billionaire chairman of the board of trustees of the school she cheated to get into.

This is Great Gatsby'esque. ROME! Something that would flash by in a scene from a dystopian world where there were (blech!) Hunger Games movie sequels. Wait. What?

PostPosted: 03/15/19 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/15/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If people's takeaway from this is that people who do this are just "Secret Trump Supporters" or that it is a product of one political party, they are doing it wrong.

I mean, it is nice that at least one political party openly admits that things like White Privilege actually exists, and is willing to at least acknowledge the ever growing gap in income inequality, but it is also telling that these things get get paid lip service to quite a bit, yet those that benefit from it never seem to find a way to actually turn those words into meaningful action.

BTW, jammer...I think you misunderstood what I was saying (for good reason, I was tired when I wrote my post, and I threw a "just" in there that in a reread comes off as a more of a mitigator than was intended). I was drawing a distinction between the Democrats and GOP, because I think how the GOP goes about this is on a level even beyond disgusting with how they scapegoat minorities to keep their privilege and don't want to "both sides" with that, but that doesn't mean the Democratic side isn't also disgusting as well. Hell, on one level it could even be seen as worse, since they acknowledge the existence of these issues as being a moral wrong--unlike the GOP--and yet for the preservation of their own privilege manipulate and rig the system for their own benefit at the expense of others.

PostPosted: 03/15/19 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
If people's takeaway from this is that people who do this are just "Secret Trump Supporters" or that it is a product of one political party, they are doing it wrong.

Yeah. Felicity Huffman is no fan of that toupee fiasco in the White House.

PostPosted: 03/15/19 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In this country...you're treated better if you're rich and guilty than if you're poor and innocent in the criminal justice system. - Gavin Newsom

PostPosted: 03/15/19 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
In this country...you're treated better if you're rich and guilty than if you're poor and innocent in the criminal justice system. - Gavin Newsom

If you’re guilty and rich you’re probably not going to be treated to anything at all in our legal system. Because you own it. At least in parts of this country I won’t mention anymore before I eat lunch in this town one more time. Wink

PostPosted: 03/16/19 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Idea Arrow
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SzvWmmQETbg?start=24" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "I'm not going to even fake it. I averaged 20pts and 20rbs. I was going to get into college.. Some college would have took me." Laughing

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/16/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lori Loughlin and Her Husband Are 'Finding Out Who Their Real Friends Are' Amid Scandal: Source

Quote:
A source tells PEOPLE that some of the pair’s friends have been distancing themselves from the couple in light of the news, which broke on Tuesday.

“Lori and Mossimo are finding out quickly who their real friends are,” the insider says. “It’s not like they are the victims of a crime. They are the crime.”

“Many of their friends don’t want to be associated with them right now,” the source continues. “Their friends are shocked at the allegations.

A second source tells PEOPLE that in the wake of the scandal, those who know Loughlin are also saddened to learn of her alleged involvement in the crime.

“Lori has always been a no nonsense, seemingly together woman who knows what she wants and goes for it with zest. She exudes both confidence and folksy charm at the same time,” the second source says.

“This issue is shocking and greatly saddens many people,” says the second source. “I’ve heard she is devastated, and the whole family wants to hide from the world.”

https://people.com/tv/college-admissions-scandal-lori-loughlin-mossimo-giannulli-friends/

LOL! That much was obvious when Olivia was vacationing on that luxury yacht, the yacht owner, who is chairman of USC's Board of Trustees was like:

"My daughter and a group of students left for spring break prior to the government's announcement yesterday," Caruso told TMZ. "Once we became aware of the investigation, the young woman decided it would be in her best interests to return home."

He wouldn't even use her name.

Um, you committed fraud to get your stupid kids into college and then tried to act holier-than-thou when talking about them being smart, beautiful and independent women. I wouldn’t wanna be friends with your fake ass either, lol.

PostPosted: 03/18/19 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay. Local LA news. A little more of a bit of anecdotal material that I referred to. You have to collect this shit for DECADES, file all the pieces away one by one in your brain, before this giant jigsaw puzzle starts to present itself. But no need to bother, I've done all that work for you.

So here are two more pieces to the puzzle. And they're quotes from Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, regarding money. First Felicity Huffman. She's talking about what she wants to impart to her kids. Her answer is very weird, by any measure. I hope, because most of you don't live here, that the tone of her answer sounds as bizarre as it does to me. But 'I' know, that it's almost like it's not her talking, but this place, California, speaking through her.

FH: "I want to model for my daughters being a woman of agency, having a voice in the world. And you know that means having influence and having power and, to tell you the truth, having ------- money."

Okay. The audio drops to silence for an instant and it LOOKS like she says, "FUCKING" where I've put the dashes. Having fucking money. Having influence and power and having fucking money... is what Felicity Huffman wants to 'model' for her daughters.

What am I always talking about with these people? Influence and power. Well, what are they saying? lol. Influence and power. And look, this is a fucking TV actress. Put the pieces together. I'm giving them to you.

What she's doing there, if we read between the lines or behind the words and choices of another person? And we can. She's telling you, REVEALING, what she sees. You're seeing Felicity Huffman's world through her eyes. In her world, California, Hollywood, et. al. she SEES power and influence wielded by the mightily powerful and influential and that's what she wants for herself, some of that. What she sees that so many others here have is that you really can't count yourself as reaching the higher pinnacles of success unless you too can swing a mighty hammer.

At whom? People who have LESS power or influence, of course.

Dudes. Is THIS how we were taught in grade school and in civics classes in high school and ethics classes in college? Uh, no! This is not what we were taught! This country is NOT supposed to work this way.

Now ask yourselves something about Felicity Huffman. Is she a benevolent person? Is she a person who we all would WANT to have such influence and power? lol. But in HER world, the world she lives and COMPETES in, FUCK yeah, she wants the money and the power to influence. The little people. We must have power and influence over them. That's why her bony ass is stuck on TV. lol. You'd never hear something like this coming from someone WAY up the food chain out here. Never.

Okay Lori Loughlin. Again, a two-bit TV actress. If mrs jammer had come home and said Did you hear about Lori Loughlin? I would have thought it was one of her co-workers. Never heard of the woman before. Yes, I know her face from the show but I never watched it so.

Two bit TV actress. Here is what she had to say about money in a tweet just last year.

LL: There are more important things than money. Like doing the right thing. Words to live by.

She wants to influence people, too, apparently. And this is her message to the world:

Don't you worry about money, little people. Just make sure that you always do the right thing! LIVE BY MY WORDS, LITTLE PEOPLE!

The measure of her hypocrisy can be seen in the house her family lives in, the price they paid for it in 2015.

$14,000,000

And the price they LISTED it at just two years later.

$35,000,000

Let me spell that out. Thirty-FIVE million dollars.

Do the right thing is what she's TELLING the world about who she is. There's more important things than money, is what she's SAYING. But what do we now know? Is Lori Loughlin all about doing the right things? I’m sorry but that does not appear to be the case to the jammer. And what exactly is her game in telling the world that money's not so important while living in a $35M house? Words to LIVE by? Seriously?

Just trying to paint a picture with one impressionistic (and artistic, if I might say so myself) splotch of paint at a time. You'll never thank me at all, let alone enough. Wink

PostPosted: 03/18/19 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait. These people have been CHARGED, right? Indicted? I'm confused. Because, if this gossip site is to be believed, then, Trump-like, or even Tony Soprano-like, Lori Loughlin is out there complaining about someone ratting her out to the Feds. Shocked Man, I gotta say, that's my girl right there.

PostPosted: 03/19/19 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

References to wasting a lot of money on her education at around 6:00 and 8:40
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dtC6o8i1yhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/19/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Felicity Huffman Hires Crisis PR Team
Quote:
Felicity Huffman‘s regular PR team can’t handle the heat from the media circus surrounding the actress’ criminal charges, so the star has brought in some heavy hitters used to dealing with stories that garner national attention.

The former “Desperate Housewives” star just retained crisis PR firm, The TASC Group, to handle all her media inquiries and press regarding Operation Varsity Blues.

The TASC Group may sound familiar because they actually handled all the press for Trayvon Martin’s family during the trial of George Zimmerman. TASC was hired by The Trayvon Martin Foundation to assist the family with “around-the-clock” responses to the media and strategic guidance.

As we reported, prosecutors in the ongoing criminal case are giving defendants an opportunity to talk and score a plea deal, however it’s unclear if Huffman is one of the accused willing to spill the beans.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/felicity-huffman-hires-crisis-pr-team/ar-BBUZ0C7?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 03/19/19 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Throwing a bunch of money at a PR company to make her throwing a bunch of money at fraudsters bad publicity get better.
She just gets more relatable to us common folk by the day.

PostPosted: 03/21/19 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Felicity Huffman's 'Shame and Humiliation Are Unfathomable' Amid Scandal
Quote:
“The shame and humiliation are unfathomable,” a source close to the Desperate Housewives alum reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly. “Getting arrested is the last thing she ever imagined.”

Huffman, 56, was arrested at gunpoint on March 12 for allegedly making “a purported charitable contribution of $15,000 … to participate in the college entrance exam cheating scheme on behalf of” her 18-year-old daughter, Sofia. The actress allegedly “made arrangements to pursue the scheme for a second time” for daughter Georgia, 17, but decided to forego the notion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/felicity-huffmans-shame-and-humiliation-are-unfathomable-amid-scandal/ar-BBV37Lg?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 03/21/19 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The latest in this type of scandal.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ucla-admissions-soccer-recruit-20190319-story.html

https://uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?roster=182&path=wsoc
https://uclabruins.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5425

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 03/21/19 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ann Coulter has been talking about what a bargain it was for these people compared to what Jared Kushner's father donated to Harvard in order to get him in - 2.5 million.

Quote:
"His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it," a former administrator at Jared's private high school told Daniel Golden, author of the 2006 book, The Price of Admission. "There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard."

The Story Behind Jared Kushner’s Curious Acceptance Into Harvard

Quote:
ProPublica editor Daniel Golden wrote a book a decade ago about how the rich buy their children access to elite colleges. One student he covered is now poised to become one of the most powerful figures in the country.

Coulter also notes how statistically unlikely it is for all the kids of Harvard (or some other top school) grads to end up eligible for acceptance to Harvard as ultimately happens. This unlikelyhood is documented in a book called The Bell Curve.

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/29/19 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Olivia Jade isn't speaking to her parents after college admissions scandal, plus more news

Quote:
The source says Olivia, who has lost lucrative partnerships with brands including TRESemmé and Sephora, "feels she is the victim." Though she remains enrolled at USC, according to the source, "she has withdrawn physically, she's not there," because of the bullying that she's faced. Recent reports indicate Olivia's 20-year-old sister, Isabella, is also enrolled but not attending school.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/olivia-jade-isnt-speaking-to-her-parents-after-college-admissions-scandal-plus-more-news/ss-BBVp42d?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 03/29/19 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Olivia Jade isn't speaking to her parents after college admissions scandal, plus more news

Quote:
The source says Olivia, who has lost lucrative partnerships with brands including TRESemmé and Sephora, "feels she is the victim." Though she remains enrolled at USC, according to the source, "she has withdrawn physically, she's not there," because of the bullying that she's faced. Recent reports indicate Olivia's 20-year-old sister, Isabella, is also enrolled but not attending school.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/olivia-jade-isnt-speaking-to-her-parents-after-college-admissions-scandal-plus-more-news/ss-BBVp42d?li=BBnb7Kz

That's a shame. Rolling Eyes

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/30/19 3:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay there's a piece in the Washington Post (I think) just yesterday on this kid, Olivia Jade. Nothing new but just a couple of things that struck me on second or third go around and I have to say, a) I'm sympathetic to her situation if not her personally and b) I like her.

So the piece says as we already knew that she never wanted to go to school. What she wanted to do was work. Couldn't wait to get back to work. What was work? Building her brand. She had a contract with Sephora and her own makeup palette and a GREAT name for the influencer industry. Olivia Jade. And she clearly knew all of this. She's seen what this has meant for the Kardashians, and the one being a billionaire by 22 or something. And, as I've seen many times in the years I've been out here, she's way not her parents.

Parents came up decidedly non-affluent. Neither went to college. They did it all themselves yada yada yada. This point of the piece was this was all about the parents making up for their lack of background themselves and feeling less inadequate about themselves if they could get their progeny solidly into the educated as well as merely affluent classes. Because, as I've said many times here, or a few times anyway, you never know when enough is enough in Southern California. They DO keep moving the finish line. Many many people who have it all end up not having it all anymore and with kids on the skids.

But anyway, this girl was never that. In some ways she was more sophisticated, or could have been, than her parents. She didn't have these needs which are the kinds of weaknesses that get you in trouble. We've talked about this with Trump and his demons.

So this girl saw blood in the water for herself. And she was doing something she loved and was good at. And in an industry that is limitless in terms of the billions it can produce for the people who have success in it. This kid knew all of that. School is for people who don't already have their own line of makeup at 19. Maybe she'd never go to school. Maybe it would have never mattered. Maybe she would have made a billion dollars selling makeup like Kendal Jenner. Probably not, without the Kardashian machinery, but there's a lot of talent who might have aligned with her to make a great success happen for her. She wanted to work. I admire people who are fixated on the purpose of their work and who are impatient to get after it. At this point, it might have been a passing fancy, but we'll never know. She could have become harder and more determined, etc. It was the early stages of her life trying to do her thing. She's 19.

I can hear a parent asking What do you want to do, honey? But I'm having trouble hearing a loving parent say, I don't care about what you want. I don't care about your contract with Sephora. You're going to college and you're going to THIS particular college.

There's one other thing that impressed me about the kid here. She said she was afraid people in school we're going to be trying to use her.

Again. She grew up very wealthy. She understands and had learned the lessons well of the need for placing distance and barriers and buffers and hedges and private security and walls etc. between people like her and people who aren't like her. I mean, that's just the reality. But that she had that figured out and was recoiling from going to privileged USC partly because of this concern, WHILE wanting nothing more than to continue to pursue her own thing as an influencer with a contract... that impresses me. She most certainly would have been the constant target of users and followers at USC. USC is all about making connections with the people who live in the mansions here. And this one with her own makeup line.

I'm not saying I feel sorry for her. I have people to feel sorry for in my life. She's not one of them. But I LIKE her. And I'm sorry that she was knocked off the path she seemed to be choosing for herself by the criminal actions of her snowplowing parents.

PostPosted: 03/30/19 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I'd be angry at my parents too if I were her!
They fucked up a great situation, in an "industry" that is fickle as hell.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: