RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

CAA Tournament

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5371
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/19 6:01 pm    ::: CAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

Hofstra beat Elon in their play-in game. Elon had a chance to win with a 3 point buzzer-beater but it didn't go in. Boogie Brozoski lit them up for 42 points.

That's a long way to fall, Elon, from the championship last year to losing the play-in.

In the other game, William & Mary eliminated College of Charleston, 61-41, which was kind of a foregone conclusion. I'll be surprised if CoC's coach is around next week, let alone next year.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 557
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 12:32 pm    ::: Re: CAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

9)Hofstra leads 1)JMU, 39-36, 7:00 left in the 4th.


on CAA TV

https://jmusports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=555

42-41 JMU 4:12


huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 557
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 12:42 pm    ::: Re: CAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

#1 seed has never lost in the CAA quarters, according to p-b-p guy.

JMU 44-43 2:30


huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 557
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 12:48 pm    ::: Re: CAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

[quote="huskiemaniac"]#1 seed has never lost in the CAA quarters, according to p-b-p guy.

Hofstra leads 50-46, 32.2 JMU ball


50-48 26.7 Hofstra to inbound

JMU fouls, Brozoski, currently 45-45 from the line, makes both.

52-48 25.9 JMU to inbound




Last edited by huskiemaniac on 03/14/19 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 557
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 12:55 pm    ::: Re: CAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

[quote="huskiemaniac"]
huskiemaniac wrote:
#1 seed has never lost in the CAA quarters, according to p-b-p guy.

Hofstra leads 50-46, 32.2 JMU ball


50-48 26.7 Hofstra to inbound

JMU fouls, Brozoski, currently 45-45 from the line, makes both.

52-48 25.9 JMU to inbound


Airball 3 by JMU, Hofstra rebounds, is fouled w/ 12.9

Makes both, 54-48

JMU misses 3, misses putback, is fouled on 2nd putback. 5.4 left

Technical on JMU coach, wanting a call on the 3 attempt? Not sure.




Last edited by huskiemaniac on 03/14/19 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
huskiemaniac



Joined: 24 Nov 2004
Posts: 557
Location: NE CT


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 12:58 pm    ::: Re: CAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

Both T FTs made, 56-48.

Both JMU FTs made, 56-50. Still 5.4 Hofstra calls time.

The Pride scored 16 1st half points.

Hofstra inbounds and JMU fouls. 4.2

The kid misses the 1st FT to fall 1 short of 50 straight. Makes 2nd,

57-50 F


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17680
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 2:15 pm    ::: Re: CAA Tournament Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I'll be surprised if CoC's coach is around next week, let alone next year.


X_____________________

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1562933&highlight=#1562933


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5371
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was really embarrassing, but what can ya do? We had our two best players and our backup PG out with injury and were relying on out "6th Man of the Year" to do all the work....which she doesn't do well without her supporting cast surrounding her. Add to that playing a team of floppers led by a PG who is pretty dirty, well, what can ya do? But it's embarrassing as hell.

Hello, WNIT.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25034



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
This was really embarrassing, but what can ya do? We had our two best players and our backup PG out with injury and were relying on out "6th Man of the Year" to do all the work....which she doesn't do well without her supporting cast surrounding her. Add to that playing a team of floppers led by a PG who is pretty dirty, well, what can ya do? But it's embarrassing as hell.

Hello, WNIT.


Crying or Very sad sorry, summertime. But hopefully they can go deep in the WNIT. Are the injured expected back?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5371
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smalls and Green were “expected back” today, but Smalls, with her injured hand, played about 3 minutes and wasn’t very effective, and Green never took off her shooting shirt. The extent of Barrier’s injury is not yet known. It’s almost like the opponents set out to eliminate our best players. Fortunately there wasn’t much they could do to Merritt. At one point Brozoski was basically crawling all over her like an octopus while the referee stood there watching, then when Merritt tried to shake her off *she* got called for the foul. What????????? The reffing was abysmal.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5371
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/15/19 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Towson beat Hofstra 68-49 and will play the winner of Drexel-Northeastern for the championship.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5371
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/15/19 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drexel will face Towson in the final, a position they earned by beating Northeastern 73-69. I am past caring at this point. JMU beat both teams twice and the only reason they're not in the title game is because injuries to 3 key players decimated the bench. Call me a sore loser if you want. Whichever team wins the championship will get a lower seed than JMU would have and will be out in the first round, most likely.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good final in the CAA. Towson leads Drexel 39-38 after 3.

Here is a link that may allow you to watch, but I understand some people have not been able to get it without paying:

http://www.collegesportslive.com/?media=59487800-5aee-476a-8ff0-7fbb8817ddfa


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drexel 44 Towson 41

Towson seems to be imploding in the 4th. They have committed 6 turnovers and scored only 1 3-pointer. Still the game is close with less than 5 minutes to go


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Towson 47 Drexel 46 55 seconds to go

Towson 8 TO, Drexel 5 in the 4th quarter alone


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Towson 49-46 24.5 seconds to go

Another TO by Drexel.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A 7th 4th Qtr turnover gives Towson the ball with 13.6 to go


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Towson 53 Drexel 49 Final

Each team had 8 turnovers in the 4th quarter, but Nukiya Mayo made 4 straight free throws in the last 15 seconds to secure the win.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5371
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I predict Towson will get a low seed and get bounced in the first round. That is all.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I predict Towson will get a low seed and get bounced in the first round. That is all.


Towson will be either a 14 or 15 seed. Drexel may have been as high as a 13. But watching Towson play they will lose, possibly to Maryland.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5371
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I predict Towson will get a low seed and get bounced in the first round. That is all.


Towson will be either a 14 or 15 seed. Drexel may have been as high as a 13. But watching Towson play they will lose, possibly to Maryland.


I wish they would have to play Miss. St. I would love nothing more than to see Teaira McCowan stare down at their freshman thug center, Janeen Camp. That would be worth the whole tournament. Laughing



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3626
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I predict Towson will get a low seed and get bounced in the first round. That is all.


Towson will be either a 14 or 15 seed. Drexel may have been as high as a 13. But watching Towson play they will lose, possibly to Maryland.


I wish they would have to play Miss. St. I would love nothing more than to see Teaira McCowan stare down at their freshman thug center, Janeen Camp. That would be worth the whole tournament. Laughing


A little touchy on the subject. Camp only played 2 minutes against Drexel. Maia Lee was the primary center (27 minutes) and they moved Mayo inside the rest of the time. I was wondering because I didn't remember the name when I was watching


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5371
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I predict Towson will get a low seed and get bounced in the first round. That is all.


Towson will be either a 14 or 15 seed. Drexel may have been as high as a 13. But watching Towson play they will lose, possibly to Maryland.


I wish they would have to play Miss. St. I would love nothing more than to see Teaira McCowan stare down at their freshman thug center, Janeen Camp. That would be worth the whole tournament. Laughing


A little touchy on the subject. Camp only played 2 minutes against Drexel. Maia Lee was the primary center (27 minutes) and they moved Mayo inside the rest of the time. I was wondering because I didn't remember the name when I was watching


Lee is their primary. Camp is a freshman and a true thug (the last time we played them she somehow managed to amass 4 fouls in 11 minutes of playing time, most of them quite deliberate). She is gifted with a serious attitude problem that has to be seen to be believed. And the thing is, she could be very good if she tried..



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin