RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2019 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10405
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christy Smith (former WNBA player) is gone at Incarnate Word.

https://uiwcardinals.com/news/2019/3/10/uiw-begins-search-for-new-womens-basketball-head-coach.aspx?path=wbball



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 2100



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/19 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mentioning an opening again doesn't necessarily "hurt", but we have mentioned 3 coaches (Richmond, Rhode Island, Incarnate Word) twice. Easy to miss as they will continue to roll out quickly, but we are duplicating posts.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2388
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/19 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Mentioning an opening again doesn't necessarily "hurt", but we have mentioned 3 coaches (Richmond, Rhode Island, Incarnate Word) twice. Easy to miss as they will continue to roll out quickly, but we are duplicating posts.


+1

Was going to mention this but looks like you did. Thank you!


thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 2100



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arkansas State not renewing Boyer's contract … after 20 years at helm

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211795365


Coyotes



Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 461



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Arkansas State not renewing Boyer's contract … after 20 years at helm

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211795365


Wow. Shocked

4 years removed from a 27-6 record, and they went 15-15 last season. You'd think that after 20 years, he'd get a bit more time.


PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2264



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/19 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:
Oklahoma announces staff changes as 2 Assistant leave

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211795197


The usual last gasp effort by a coach sitting on a roaring inferno, often demanded by the AD. Hire new assistants.

It works rarely; usually just delays the inevitable.


And yet Colton, her son, is retained.



Eye roll.


thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 2100



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

College of Charleston open as Candice Jackson contract is not renewed.

https://cofcsports.com/news/2019/3/14/womens-basketball-jacksons-contract-not-renewed.aspx


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4551



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samford: OPEN https://www.cbs42.com/sports/local-sports/samford-women-s-basketball-coach-mike-morris-to-retire/1859217014


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4551



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LIU Brooklyn OPEN https://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/details.cfm?JobCode=176946785&Title=Head%20Womens%20Basketball%20Coach


thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 2100



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ECU job was official posted on their website back at the beginning of March. So I moved it from Interim to Open

https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/26680


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7388



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They just played Evina Westbrook saying that there should be some off the court changes including the coaching staff. When asked if she expected Warlick to be the coach next year, she said “I don’t know”. Lobo and Landers were not happy about that. They also showed Warlick at the post-game press conference saying that she wanted to coach next year, but she said something about they may go in another direction.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4410
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
They just played Evina Westbrook saying that there should be some off the court changes including the coaching staff. When asked if she expected Warlick to be the coach next year, she said “I don’t know”. Lobo and Landers were not happy about that. They also showed Warlick at the post-game press conference saying that she wanted to coach next year, but she said something about they may go in another direction.


Yeah, saw that and Maria Taylor commenting on how the reporter should've stuck to asking questions about the Box Score to a player which is a fair point.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9661



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
tfan wrote:
They just played Evina Westbrook saying that there should be some off the court changes including the coaching staff. When asked if she expected Warlick to be the coach next year, she said “I don’t know”. Lobo and Landers were not happy about that. They also showed Warlick at the post-game press conference saying that she wanted to coach next year, but she said something about they may go in another direction.


Yeah, saw that and Maria Taylor commenting on how the reporter should've stuck to asking questions about the Box Score to a player which is a fair point.


I have to disagree here ...

The biggest story at Tennessee basketball is not Evina Westbrook's box score but Holly Warlick's future ... and Landers, especially, is just sticking up for an old coaching buddy.

Sure, Westbrook might have handled the interview better, but she's what? 20? She didn't lie, she didn't say anything wrong or hurtful, she just answered, or didn't answer, a series of good questions by journalists who are interested in the sport.

So Rebecca Lobo doesn't think those questions should be asked? Or that Westbrook should only answer them in politically correct ways? So much for her journalistic pretensions ...

And Landers was, like Warlick, a very good recruiter and a mediocre coach, so naturally he's going to jump to her defense.

Please ... this is news, and revelatory news, really. We now can be pretty sure there are off-the-court issues at Tennessee, and that the players aren't happy with the coaching staff. At some level, this is true at every program of course, but this is Tennessee, and LV fans and officials have to take the bitter with the sweet. If this is St. Mary's, no one cares -- but it's Tennessee.

Finally, what does this mean for Westbrook if Warlick returns?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5582



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
tfan wrote:
They just played Evina Westbrook saying that there should be some off the court changes including the coaching staff. When asked if she expected Warlick to be the coach next year, she said “I don’t know”. Lobo and Landers were not happy about that. They also showed Warlick at the post-game press conference saying that she wanted to coach next year, but she said something about they may go in another direction.


Yeah, saw that and Maria Taylor commenting on how the reporter should've stuck to asking questions about the Box Score to a player which is a fair point.


I took that as Maria telling Westbrook to look at the box score before commenting that the problem may be the coach.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9661



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
tfan wrote:
They just played Evina Westbrook saying that there should be some off the court changes including the coaching staff. When asked if she expected Warlick to be the coach next year, she said “I don’t know”. Lobo and Landers were not happy about that. They also showed Warlick at the post-game press conference saying that she wanted to coach next year, but she said something about they may go in another direction.


Yeah, saw that and Maria Taylor commenting on how the reporter should've stuck to asking questions about the Box Score to a player which is a fair point.


I took that as Maria telling Westbrook to look at the box score before commenting that the problem may be the coach.


That's a reasonable statement, and I don't think Westbrook handled the interview well -- at least in terms of politically correct and saying all the right things.

"I need to play better, that's for sure. There's a lot we need to work on, and it's got to be a group effort."

There's your smooth quote -- I would have thought the Tennessee players would have been well-schooled on those canned replies by now.

Instead, we got to hear what Westbrook really thought, and is that such a bad thing that she should be criticized on an ESPN national broadcast? How about some criticism of Warlick or the Tennessee administration? After all, they are the adults in that room.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 58950
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I would have thought the Tennessee players would have been well-schooled on those canned replies by now.


Sounds like a coaching issue



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5582



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
tfan wrote:
They just played Evina Westbrook saying that there should be some off the court changes including the coaching staff. When asked if she expected Warlick to be the coach next year, she said “I don’t know”. Lobo and Landers were not happy about that. They also showed Warlick at the post-game press conference saying that she wanted to coach next year, but she said something about they may go in another direction.


Yeah, saw that and Maria Taylor commenting on how the reporter should've stuck to asking questions about the Box Score to a player which is a fair point.


I took that as Maria telling Westbrook to look at the box score before commenting that the problem may be the coach.


That's a reasonable statement, and I don't think Westbrook handled the interview well -- at least in terms of politically correct and saying all the right things.

"I need to play better, that's for sure. There's a lot we need to work on, and it's got to be a group effort."

There's your smooth quote -- I would have thought the Tennessee players would have been well-schooled on those canned replies by now.

Instead, we got to hear what Westbrook really thought, and is that such a bad thing that she should be criticized on an ESPN national broadcast? How about some criticism of Warlick or the Tennessee administration? After all, they are the adults in that room.


Sorry, but when you sign an LOI you become an adult.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4551



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we please keep this thread about coaching changes and not hotseat talk?
Hot seat thread - http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95290

Futureisbright already asked this once. This thread is so informative, lets not bog it down with rumors. Keep it separate


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5582



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/24/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ClayK wrote:
I would have thought the Tennessee players would have been well-schooled on those canned replies by now.


Sounds like a coaching issue


Sounds like an athletic administration issue to me.

Either they need to be the ones delivering the message on how to speak to the public or they need to make sure that the coaches are covering it better than they ever could.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Phil



Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 1104



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/25/19 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Can we please keep this thread about coaching changes and not hotseat talk?
Hot seat thread - http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95290

Futureisbright already asked this once. This thread is so informative, lets not bog it down with rumors. Keep it separate


Agree, good point.


thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 2100



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/26/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fairleigh Dickinson making a change at the top … Peter Cinella out at HC

https://fduknights.com/news/2019/3/25/fairleigh-dickinson-announces-change-in-womens-basketball-leadership.aspx


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 58950
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Machelle Joseph fired at Ga Tech

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/machelle-joseph-fired-georgia-tech/hH8W6QvPduR8ItGgzXvQ4N/



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11925
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/26/19 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:
Oklahoma announces staff changes as 2 Assistant leave
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211795197

The usual last gasp effort by a coach sitting on a roaring inferno, often demanded by the AD. Hire new assistants.
It works rarely; usually just delays the inevitable.

And yet Colton, her son, is retained.

Eye roll.


Yep. Something's rotten in Norman. Evil or Very Mad



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 2100



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/26/19 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hofstra's Kilburn-Stevesky Resigns

https://gohofstra.com/news/2019/3/26/womens-basketball-wbb-kilburn-steveskey-announces-resignation.aspx


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5380
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/26/19 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Hofstra's Kilburn-Stevesky Resigns

https://gohofstra.com/news/2019/3/26/womens-basketball-wbb-kilburn-steveskey-announces-resignation.aspx


They had a rotten year, going from near the top to the basement. Not sure what happened. On their upside, they did beat JMU in the tournament (JMU was missing 2 of their best players already and the 3rd got hurt on the opening play of the game).



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin