RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/13/19 7:31 pm    ::: Re: Chinese center Han Xu ready for WNBA draft Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
stever wrote:
http://www.china.org.cn/sports/2019-03/13/content_74566510.htm

Quote:
The young pivot, who will turn 19 on October 31...

Fortunately for her, everything else says she's already 19 and will turn 20 on October 31st, because otherwise there wouldn't be much point in coming over for the draft - she wouldn't be eligible until next year.

/being ineligible wouldn't necessarily stop teams from drafting her Wink

PostPosted: 03/14/19 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They all could be 30, after all this is China we are talking about Laughing

We should be starting with the height police.

McCowan > Brown easy in height but not in the butt

KLS >> dUrr > Ogunnerbrawler thats the easy one and by a lot Laughing

Gustafson > Anigwe > Smith Gus and Ani are easily taller just not sure how much between Gus and Ani

Carlton > Collier put this together as don't no where they will play 1 can shoot 1 can't although according to Lobo, her Hussie grew 2 inches in 1 weekend, may want to test her for growth hormones in camp or maybe Lobo just has no integrity

Young > Ionescu Young is just as much a PG as People think Ionescu is and she shoots a whopping 28% so she may want to practice her PG skills
Laughing Wink

Shepard=Turner at this point it is a wash

Last edited by Nixtreefan on 03/14/19 9:20 am; edited 4 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/14/19 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having gotten a 3 game dose of Sabrina on TV at the Pac 12 tournament, there are some questions that leave her as no sure thing: (1) as mentioned before, she has yet to face any opposition close to W quality. In the finals vs Stanford, little used Anna Wilson did a good job; in addition Sabrina not a strong defender (2) what exactly is her projected position in the W? (3) No matter position, Sabrina will be the slowest starting guard in the WNBA; the girl has lead feet in the open court. The big ? is whether her wonderful court sense, and passing can overcome.

Last edited by canadaball on 03/14/19 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Canada i agree , I dont see Sabrina playing SF at the next level and her footspeed is worse than Kelsey plums at this point in both's college careers. The backcourt of Plum , McBride & Ionescu im not as excited about as most seem to be on this board. Very small back court but alot of pretty good shooters.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thats why there was never going to be that backcourt Wink Wink

PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Canada i agree , I dont see Sabrina playing SF at the next level and her footspeed is worse than Kelsey plums at this point in both's college careers. The backcourt of Plum , McBride & Ionescu im not as excited about as most seem to be on this board. Very small back court but alot of pretty good shooters.

Anyone studying Mr, Bill Lambeer's successful WNBA cioaching career has to realize that guards like Plum and Sabrina are not his cup of tea. He seems to prefer physical, tough guards who are strong defenders. I can remember he unloaded Ivory Latta (Plum kind of player), and went with the likes of Hornbuckle and Elaine Powell in winning a championship. The notion that he will suit up Sabrina and Plum together is highly unlikely.
Trader Bill usually is all over the free agent and trading market. Some of his moves have been the stuff of legends: Getting Katie Smith for Chandi Jones (who???) and 2nd round pick; signing an aged Andrea Stimson as free agent, then packaging her with 2nd round pick for Plenette Pierson (37 yr old Stimson never played a game for Phx); Cheryl Ford blows knee, so Bill trades Tasha Humphrey, Shay Murphy, and 2nd round pick for Taj McWilliams, and wins title; more recently, my favorite manuever when he trades Carolyn Swords for Harlley and Kia Vaughn (in 3 way deal), then the next year, as Vegas GM, signs the same Swords as free agent, thus creating 3 WNBA roster players out of nothing!!!!.....Anyway Lambeer, uncharacteristically, has been strangely quiet on the trade/free agent front, especially considering LV, with lots of roster/tradeable players, has no set lineup. I have to believe that Cambage is slowing things down, plus he is not in love with Sabrina as #1 pick, and expect moves to come.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/14/19 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why he's not interested in drafting McCowan even IF Sabrina comes out. She's his type of player Ala Avery Warley-Talbert /Barb Faris type comes to mind.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Not sure why he's not interested in drafting McCowan even IF Sabrina comes out. She's his type of player Ala Avery Warley-Talbert /Barb Faris type comes to mind.

With the #1 pick? Shocked

If Young comes out, she looks like a Laimbeer player.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

This would be a reason for him to trade down b/c no one else would draft Teaira that high. Holding the fluid #1 pick is just the situation where Lambeer is in all his glory. My suspicion is that, above all, he would take Cambage, and thus the holdup in his manuevering (plus waiting on Sabrina and Young). He won championships with a front line of Ford and Braxton; combining Liz and Wilson would allow Bill to take twin towers to a new high level.

stever

PostPosted: 03/14/19 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Miami’s Beatrice Mompremier came home, but WNBA is calling

https://highposthoops.com/2019/03/14/miamis-beatrice-mompremier-came-home-but-could-leave-for-wnba/

Shades

PostPosted: 03/14/19 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
Sabrina will be the slowest starting guard in the WNBA; the girl has lead feet in the open court. The big ? is whether her wonderful court sense, and passing can overcome.

Just think of her as the better court vision, better rebounding, better three point shooting version of Whalen.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/14/19 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
he is not in love with Sabrina as #1 pick, and expect moves to come.

He’s talked about her quite a bit for someone who doesn’t love her. Also, he could have scouted any conference tournament he wanted but he chose the Pac-12 conference tournament for some reason.

canadaball

PostPosted: 03/14/19 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
canadaball wrote:

He’s talked about her quite a bit for someone who doesn’t love her. Also, he could have scouted any conference tournament he wanted but he chose the Pac-12 conference tournament for some reason.

Bill could sell ice to the eskimos. Be careful listening to his public statements.
A while back, I compared Sabrina to Whalen, and agree with your observations; however, Whalen was a bull to the basketball, and actually not that slow (she was a poor lateral defender). It is hard to imagine a player like Anna Wilson able to control the University of Minnesota version of Lindsay.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/14/19 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
canadaball wrote:

maybe because it was in Vegas?

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 03/14/19 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
canadaball wrote:

So you’re saying he felt an obligation to stay in Vegas instead of going to conference tournament he really wanted? I think it just worked out well for him.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/14/19 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas Laughing Laughing No not really but Kill Bill is fucking with everyone.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Listened to the WNBAinsidr podcast and Rachel Galligan (who has good sources and didn’t she break the Cambage story?) indicated trade talks are back on.

I seriously doubt we will have a Plum-Ionescu backcourt in Las Vegas Smile

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/14/19 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I seriously doubt we will have a Plum-Ionescu backcourt in Las Vegas Smile

I could imagine them being on the same roster. Just not convinced we'll see Plum/Ionescu/McBride all out there together much. It continues to be an unfair comparison but like Taurasi, Ionescu is at least long for a guard, which helps defensively even if the footspeed or instincts aren't great. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up similar positionally as well - a nominal 2-guard who's on the ball and creative enough that she ends up the de facto point guard a lot of the time. But that might take a while. Even a great like Taurasi was a more genuine wing in her younger days before running the offense so much in recent years.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing like Taurasi ever.

canadaball

PostPosted: 03/14/19 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Successful coaches, like leopards, do not change their spots. i already mentioned Mr. Bill dumping Ivory Latta (the more I think about it, she is pretty much the same player as Plum). Consider some of the guards he has used, and sought after....Shannon Johnson, Kedra Holland-Corn, Brittany Boyd, Tanisha Wright, Elaine Powell, Hornbuckle, Zellous etc. Remember also that in 2013 he inherited Leilani Mitchell (just like Plum) on the Liberty roster, after that year she was gone. I just do not see how Plum or Sabrina fit his inclinations; forget pretty offense (note both Mitchell and Latta went on to successful W careers), the man wants defense and toughness in his guards.

Last edited by canadaball on 03/14/19 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/14/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
Successful coaches, like leopards, do not change their spots. i already mentioned Mr. Bill dumping Ivory Latta (the more I think about it, she is pretty much the same player as Plum). Consider some of the guards he has used, and sought after....Shannon Johnson, Kedra Holland-Corn, Brittany Boyd, Tanisha Wright, Elaine Powell, Hornbuckle etc. Remember also that in 2013 he inherited Leilani Mitchell (just like Plum) on the Liberty roster, after that year she was gone. I just do not see how Plum or Sabrina fit his inclinations; forget pretty offense, the man wants defense and toughness in his guards.

He never played Mitchell. Same for Latta, she got seven minutes/game in her one Detroit season. Plum started for the Aces last season. A switch might be believable if there was a better alternative on the roster. He's not going to trade Plum so that he can play an even smaller guard who's not as good, like Jefferson or Allen, or a scrub, like Chong.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Now this, Nixtreefan, is not only something about which I agree with you, but also a very funny comment!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/14/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
canadaball wrote:

So you’re saying he felt an obligation to stay in Vegas instead of going to conference tournament he really wanted? I think it just worked out well for him.

Not an obligation. Just easy. My guess is he already knows what he wants and is content to keep his eyes on things mostly thru videos. Maybe he already has whatever deal he wants in place as well.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/14/19 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
canadaball wrote:

Not an obligation. Just easy. My guess is he already knows what he wants and is content to keep his eyes on things mostly thru videos. Maybe he already has whatever deal he wants in place as well.

Can I have an AMEN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 52 of 74

Jump to: