RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin Indicted in Alleged Scheme
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/12/19 12:19 pm    ::: Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin Indicted in Alleged Scheme Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Desperate Housewives vet Felicity Huffman and Fuller House‘s Lori Loughlin have been indicted for allegedly taking part in a large scheme involving parents who paid bribes of up to $6 million to get their kids into elite colleges, including Harvard and Yale, ABC News is reporting.

The indictment was filed by the United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts; the documents were unsealed early Tuesday.

https://tvline.com/2019/03/12/felicity-huffman-indicted-lori-loughlin-ivy-league-bribe/

PostPosted: 03/12/19 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay. Felony Huffman or Felicity Felony?

PostPosted: 03/12/19 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone involved will walk with little more than a slap on the wrist and maybe a small fine.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 03/12/19 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess it will be hard to take Loughlin seriously when she's acting on When Calls The Heart now.
justintyme

PostPosted: 03/12/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We see shit like this, which is actually a very common practice that just happened to actually get caught this time, and you have the legally sanctioned version of this known as "legacy admissions" where children of alumni get preferred status because schools want those Benjamins...but it is "affirmative action" that's the problem.

No, it's fucking rich people using their resources to maintain their privilege, never mind who it comes at the expense of.

PostPosted: 03/12/19 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

No, it's fucking rich people using their resources to maintain their privilege, never mind who it comes at the expense of.

Pardon me for channeling my inner pilight, but this practice -- affluent people using their respective resources to maintain their privilege at the expense of others -- has been going on for thousands of years.

justintyme

PostPosted: 03/12/19 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Pardon me for channeling my inner pilight, but this practice -- affluent people using their respective resources to maintain their privilege at the expense of others -- has been going on for thousands of years.

Exactly. Yet the powerful keep convincing others that the true villains are those who are trying to even the playing field a little. It's how the system has managed to replicate itself for millenia.

PostPosted: 03/12/19 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's called trickle-down, not flood-down, jeez... be patient will ya!!

PostPosted: 03/13/19 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lori Loughlin expected to surrender Wednesday to face college bribery scandal charges: report

Quote:
Federal law enforcement officials went to Loughlin’s home in Los Angeles on Tuesday, but she was working in Vancouver, Canada, according to TMZ. She faces charges of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, according to a criminal complaint.

Quote:
Loughlin has made arrangements to surrender when she returns to Los Angeles, TMZ, the celebrity news site, reported.

Loughlin and Giannulli are accused of agreeing to pay $500,000 in bribes to have their two daughters designated as recruits for the University of Southern California crew team despite that fact that neither child participated in the sport.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/lori-loughlin-expected-to-surrender-wednesday-to-face-college-bribery-scandal-charges-report/ar-BBUId7g?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 03/13/19 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/13/19 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yah. i think we all understand this is not news.

it seems to be the era of woke.

rhymes with joke.

PostPosted: 03/13/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

interesting that this is happening while we await paul manafort's fate. his appeal to the court: i'm SO sorry! i'm SO full of remorse! and i'm so old! please have pity on me! don't separate my wife and me. look - i'm in a wheelchair (for the first time in my life, just for you)! thank god, you found me out, or i'd have gone to my grave as the criminal bastard i started out as. but now i've seen the light and i'm an instantly reformed man.

seriously?

getting caught is a great woke moment, isn't it?

meanwhile, some poor fuck will get 10 years for stealing a loaf of bread or some shit like that.

PostPosted: 03/13/19 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/8-colleges-were-named-in-the-massive-college-admissions-scandal-heres-how-theyre-responding/ss-BBUGQij?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 03/13/19 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Exactly. Yet the powerful keep convincing others that the true villains are those who are trying to even the playing field a little. It's how the system has managed to replicate itself for millenia.

The Root: Remember That Time When Jared Kushner’s Dad Donated $2.5M to Harvard and Then His Son Got Into Harvard?

tfan

PostPosted: 03/13/19 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How does this rise to the level of the FBI rounding people up?

This scandal exposes the fact that college coaches of these universities can get athletes in even if they don't meet admission standards. If the Stanford sailing coach has sway, imagine what the football coach has.

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/13/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/13/19 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://deadspin.com/get-to-know-the-rich-assholes-charged-with-paying-milli-1833244052

Quote:
The parents participating in this scheme would have to be wealthy enough to pay a $200,000 bribe to a coach in order to get their kid admitted as an “athlete,” but not wealthy enough to go the Charles Kushner route and pay $2.5 million straight to Harvard to get his doofus son Jared enrolled. They’d have to be desperate enough to knowingly commit conspiracy and fraud just to buy an ultimately meaningless status symbol, but not savvy enough to do it without getting caught. They’d have to be accustomed to buying their way out of predicaments, and too entitled to think it could come back to haunt them. Who fits that profile?

PostPosted: 03/14/19 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://deadspin.com/get-to-know-the-rich-assholes-charged-with-paying-milli-1833244052

Quote:
The parents participating in this scheme would have to be wealthy enough to pay a $200,000 bribe to a coach in order to get their kid admitted as an “athlete,” but not wealthy enough to go the Charles Kushner route and pay $2.5 million straight to Harvard to get his doofus son Jared enrolled. They’d have to be desperate enough to knowingly commit conspiracy and fraud just to buy an ultimately meaningless status symbol, but not savvy enough to do it without getting caught. They’d have to be accustomed to buying their way out of predicaments, and too entitled to think it could come back to haunt them. Who fits that profile?

nice piece of writing.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade was aboard USC official's yacht in Bahamas when mom was charged

Quote:
Jade, 19, was on Rick Caruso's luxury yacht Invictus in the Bahamas, a report said. Caruso is chairman of USC's Board of Trustees.

Jade, who currently attends USC, was with Caruso's daughter Gianna and several other friends, the outlet reported.

"My daughter and a group of students left for spring break prior to the government's announcement yesterday," Caruso told TMZ. "Once we became aware of the investigation, the young woman decided it would be in her best interests to return home."

Loughlin's daughter has since returned to Los Angeles to face the allegations that could result in her getting expelled from USC, the Daily Mail reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/lori-loughlins-daughter-olivia-jade-was-aboard-usc-officials-yacht-in-bahamas-when-mom-was-charged-reports/ar-BBUKEuE?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=mailsignout#page=2

PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Malia Obama didn't get into Harvard based on her grades or her SAT score, that's for sure.

On another note, William H. Macy is already off the hook with regards to this scandal. The FBI has a bunch of wiretapped phone calls where he asked the university for a bunch of concessions, but all they have on him is talk. His wife did all the heavy lifting, so she's still in big trouble.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/14/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Malia Obama didn't get into Harvard based on her grades or her SAT score, that's for sure.

You know that to be true based on what?

Howee

PostPosted: 03/14/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

You know that to be true based on what?

I think Sean Hannity said it. Or was it Jeanine Pirro? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/14/19 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

What was her SAT score?
What were her grades?
What were her extracurricular activities?

Yes, her mother and father earned their respect JDs from Harvard, but she has her undergrad degree from Princeton while he graduated from Columbia.

As a high school student, Malia Obama the summers of 2014 and 2015 working in television studios before spending the summer of 2016 working as an intern in the U.S. Embassy in Madrid, Spain.

As an aside, Malia Obama attended Sidwell Friends, which is known as having very academically gifted students (as well as a number of children of current/former US Presidents and Vice-Presidents).

But without the knowing the answers to my first two questions, how can you definitively state what her application profile looked like?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/14/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I kind of don't understand the whole nothing new here perspective. Seen and experienced it so many times here myself. That in and of itself is an interesting subject but I can come back to it.

I can't let the window into another world called California affluence and Hollywood pass by here. The lovely USC student by any means necessary daughter of Lori Laughlin had to be pulled off spring break on a yacht in the Bahamas belonging to billionaire LA developer Rick Caruso who is also Chairman of, wait for it, USC's Board of Trustees. Let that sink in.

So let's go back for a second to like 50 fucking threads I've been involved in here. This will now be one of them. California. Hollywood. The affluence here. Who they really are. Private schools. Neighborhood cabals that result in the perpetuation of actual white supremacy. Haters of Trump and anything to do with curtailing illegal immigration because they don't ever want anything to disrupt their supply line of domestics, groundskeepers, nannies, restaurant and small business workers, etc. coming over the border illegally, who are mostly indigenous Mexicans. The ATM of the Democratic Party and the agenda setters for the entire left of center political perspective of the United States of America.

All of that. Rome. I say. (Which, yes, I've been met with before with brush offs about nothing new here, etc.)

Anyway. So remember the private school thread I started here? That was all about this shit. Nothing else. I fucking ain't that interested in schools unless as it applies to politics or as the last hope for socio-economic leveling in this country. But anyway.

I don't watch (Yes, I'm rambling now. I know. Chinese herb.) TMZ but I do, for some reason, have it set to record all episodes. I just like to cover my bases when it comes to news and information. Anyway...

The Lori Laughlin thing comes up about her daughter being on Rick Caruso's yacht... and this is my whole point in posting this... but the Harvey fuckin' Levin, Allah bless his soul, says the following and now I'm a Harvey Levin fan forever:

"A lot of very rich people interact a lot, because, I mean, I'm sure there are more, but there are four schools, these private schools, that are ridiculously expensive. The school assemblies literally look like the Academy Awards. The biggest stars. Their kids go to these four schools."

So people here, I already know, are going to to say.. uh jammer, so what, rich people, we know, they send their kids to private schools. nothing new here under the sun. why are you wasting our time, etc.

So from now on, any time I bring this angle up or anything related to it, I'm going just going to add a few sentences that wrap it all up in a nice easy to understand package. For people. Rolling Eyes And, legitimately, my stuff on this is spread out over many threads over the course of a very long time here. Anyway. Goes like this.

You're being politically DUPED by the richest, cruelest, most unfair, most corrupt, arrogant, clever, racist, and eminently capable at accomplishing their goals group of human beings since the fall of the Roman Empire. Or the fall of the British Empire. Or the fall of the Confederacy.

They are controlling the political narrative of the Democratic Party and all who seek to win elections running as Democrats. YES (talk about nothing new under the sun) we know the Republican Party is evil and represents the environment fouling and gun proliferating corporate giants of the world. But we have not as a nation trying to right ourselves politically and rescue this country from the path of destruction we are all on YET begun an examination and an understanding of the other side of the same coin that is our entire politically elective spectrum.

I say this all as a lifelong Democrat who WEEPS at the idea that there could somehow someday be a taking back of our party by the working and middle class and Blacks and the south all the other traditional economic constituencies that once made up the base of the Democratic Party as it was once known.

Now the Democratic Party belongs to these people. And you don't know them. And you quite possibly don't see how much influence they actually have cemented into the political system on behalf of NO one or no thing other than themselves.

PostPosted: 03/14/19 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lori Loughlin loses starring roles on Hallmark Channel

Quote:
“We are no longer working with Lori Loughlin” and have stopped development of all productions with the actress for Crown Media channels, the statement said.

The company initially took a wait-and-see approach after a federal investigation of the scam involving more than 30 parents, many of them prominent, was revealed Tuesday. Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, are accused of paying bribes to gain their daughters’ college admissions.

Loughlin’s career and the Hallmark Channel were deeply intertwined. She’s been among its so-called “Christmas queens” who topline a slate of popular holiday movies, and also starred in the ongoing “Garage Sale Mysteries” movies and the series “When Calls the Heart.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/lori-loughlin-loses-starring-roles-on-hallmark-channel/ar-BBUMv9Y?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: