RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

BIG 12 tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/11/19 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the step-thru move must be made illegal.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/11/19 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Other than conference pride, this game is of little consequence to Baylor. Not only are they still a #1 with a loss, they're probably still the overall #1 seed.

PostPosted: 03/11/19 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

I love it. Makes the game more exciting. Provides more offense. Debbie Antonelli must surely approve!

- Amanda Gorman
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/11/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

I love it. Makes the game more exciting. Provides more offense. Debbie Antonelli must surely approve!

Bah!

Howee

PostPosted: 03/11/19 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I'd rate the game as 'better than expected'. Honestly, I was amazed that the Cyclones hung through 4Qs. That said, Kim has her work cut out for her if she's gonna make it to the FF, never mind winning it all.

Kalana should be so much more dominant. Aside from her nice touch @20ft. she doesn't have much variety to her post game. I DO like NaLyssa and Didi--great upsides to both of those underclassmen.

Interesting to see how the SEC contributed 2 of their finest guards to Big 12 play: Middleton and Jackson were big keys to their teams' success.

FINALLY: I really enjoyed Kim's New-And-Introspective personality when doing her post game interviews. She's mellowed like a fine wine in that regard.

Go Baylor!

PostPosted: 03/12/19 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSN and the B12 announcing crew continued tonight their propaganda crusade demanding six B12 invitations to the Big Dance.

Sorry to disappoint you all, but WVU and TCU are (correctly) likely not going to make it, folks. Looks like 4.

Oh, and what was with all of Kim's tears and sobbing and talking about her nineteen years and other career info? Is she ill? Considering retiring? It sounded like a fairwell speech.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/12/19 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Bah!

Ban that move and there goes lay-ups and dunking.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/12/19 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
...Oh, and what was with all of Kim's tears and sobbing and talking about her nineteen years and other career info? Is she ill? Considering retiring? It sounded like a fairwell speech.

I didn't see tears, on court or in the presser. Now that she's a grandmother, I think KIm might retire after her 20th season. Might. Wink

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/12/19 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Bah!

Please explain.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/12/19 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The step through is OK but a lot of times it is a travel as they have already lifted their pivot, so it is really on the refs to call it correctly. And yes I have no clue what it would have to do with most layups and dunking Laughing

PostPosted: 03/12/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Bah!

Please explain.

It's the same move as a slow-motion lay-up.

In a right handed lay-up, your right foot is your pivot foot. You step to your left foot, raise your right and then push off with your left to make the shot.

In the step-through move, your right foot is you pivot foot, you can make as many pivots as you like, then you step onto your left foot, splitting your defenders, push off with your left foot and shoot the ball.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/12/19 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
...Oh, and what was with all of Kim's tears and sobbing and talking about her nineteen years and other career info? Is she ill? Considering retiring? It sounded like a fairwell speech.

I didn't see tears, on court or in the presser. Now that she's a grandmother, I think KIm might retire after her 20th season. Might. Wink

It was both in her comments to the reporter immedietly after the game on the court, and later when she was holding her grandchild. Both times she was choking up and once even went on about "I don't know if I'll ever coach another game."

Now I didn't take that literally, but the whole performance did not sound like that of a coach expecting to be around much longer. It's not like winning the B12 tournament was a rarity or a finally achieved lifetime goal or anything like that for her. It was expected all year and is pretty routine for her in that conference. It sounded as if something else was precipitating her emotional reaction.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/12/19 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/12/19 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Bah!

Please explain.

In a right handed lay-up, your right foot is your pivot foot. You step to your left foot, raise your right and then push off with your left to make the shot.

In the step-through move, your right foot is you pivot foot, you can make as many pivots as you like, then you step onto your left foot, splitting your defenders, push off with your left foot and shoot the ball.

Sort of, but it's a layup AFTER a full stop, (unlike a layup), with the layup-allowed extra step.

It asks too much of a defender to stop, imo. It essentially is a legal travel.

And since they are nearly as rare as a PAC12 WCB NC, i'm not concerned about its effect on dunks.

#banthestepthru

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/12/19 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Bah!

Please explain.

Sort of, but it's a layup AFTER a full stop, (unlike a layup), with the layup-allowed extra step.

And since they are nearly as rare as a PAC12 WCB NC, i'm not concerned about its effect on dunks.

#banthestepthru

Being a full stop doesn't make any difference.

I can do the same thing and pass the ball. I can stop, pivot as many times as I want to, step to the side, pass the ball, and until I return my pivot foot to the floor, I haven't traveled.

Shoot the ball, pass the ball, you can't say that on is legal and the other illegal. It makes it too fine of a line for the refs to determine the intent of the ballhandler. Was it a shot or an alleyoop? Do you really want the refs to decide that?

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/12/19 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you do that, step through and pass the ball, they would call you for traveling Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/12/19 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Minnie Mouse Laughing

Yeah, The Man calls it "mouse ears".

PostPosted: 03/12/19 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
myrtle wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Bah!

Please explain.

#banthestepthru

Being a full stop doesn't make any difference.

I can do the same thing and pass the ball. I can stop, pivot as many times as I want to, step to the side, pass the ball, and until I return my pivot foot to the floor, I haven't traveled.

Shoot the ball, pass the ball, you can't say that on is legal and the other illegal. It makes it too fine of a line for the refs to determine the intent of the ballhandler. Was it a shot or an alleyoop? Do you really want the refs to decide that?

yes, if it means an end to the idiotic extra-step travel baskets. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: