RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ACC Final - ND vs. Louisville
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Win?
ND
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Louisville
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/10/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
There have been a lot of bizarre calls in this game, both directions. Doesn't seem to favor one team or the other, just strange officiating.

Hope the game doesn't come down to a bad call or two.

It didn't

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/10/19 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
There have been a lot of bizarre calls in this game, both directions. Doesn't seem to favor one team or the other, just strange officiating.

It didn't

Yes Cal, Just preparing for excuses Cool

PostPosted: 03/10/19 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

It didn't

Yeah. That's the best way to eliminate the officiating factor. Put the game far out of reach.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the most exciting plays I've ever seen in FBB is Ogunbowale barreling down the middle with the ball on a fast break with Jackie Young in a side lane. Almost always automatic.

So far, I'd say Notre Dame, Baylor and Mississippi State are the three best teams I've seen this season. If the Irish V-5 engine keeps firing smoothly on all cylinders, they'll be hard to beat.
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme moved Louisville from 2nd overall to 6th overall based on this loss. Hmm not sure I agree

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
One of the most exciting plays I've ever seen in FBB is Ogunbowale barreling down the middle with the ball on a fast break with Jackie Young in a side lane. Almost always automatic.

So far, I'd say Notre Dame, Baylor and Mississippi State are the three best teams I've seen this season. If the Irish V-5 engine keeps firing smoothly on all cylinders, they'll be hard to beat.

I haven't been so impressed with Baylor. The B12 is REALLY weak this year. I do think ND has the best starting five...but obviously they don't always win so nothing is for sure. And I think there are other teams out there that will challenge their rebounding prowess, which is what wins them a lot of games. Miss St has the big in the middle and Howard, but it thins out pretty rapidly after that. That's enough to win a lot of games, but I'm not convinced they can win the championship. They have found a couple of players who can hit some threes, which is a big help. Oregon, before the injuries ( I understand Cazorla has the flu and Sabally has some nagging injury as well as what happened to Hebard) could look pretty spectacular. They too have an impressive starting unit but not much on the bench. And UConn is always UConn. They usually find a way to win. So I don't think its a foregone conclusion by any means. If Fuhring can't play, I don't think Louisville is in the picture.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
Creme moved Louisville from 2nd overall to 6th overall based on this loss. Hmm not sure I agree
depends a lot on Fuhring. They don't have any depth in the post.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:

Consistent with what he said beforehand that today's loser would likely remain a 1 but only assuming the game was close. It wasn't. And he pointed out that the Cards haven't looked that great throughout the ACCT.

Maybe he's right, maybe not, but he is consistent on this one.

He's also said, probably correctly, that after Baylor, the next five teams have been pretty close in competing for 3 #1 spots.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many games has Carter missed? Oh, I see she played yesterday.

Is she expected back?

- Amanda Gorman
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/10/19 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

Consistent with what he said beforehand that today's loser would likely remain a 1 but only assuming the game was close. It wasn't. And he pointed out that the Cards haven't looked that great throughout the ACCT.

Maybe he's right, maybe not, but he is consistent on this one.

He's also said, probably correctly, that after Baylor, the next five teams have been pretty close in competing for 3 #1 spots.

Yeah but they didn’t have one starter for the whole game and the other didn’t play much. Just find it odd he isn’t even mentioning that as a consideration. I do agree that they haven’t looked that great in the ACC tourney, especially when you compare how they stomped Clemson and NCST in the regular season and struggled against them mightily this weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: