RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Recruiting classes for next season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 03/04/19 5:40 pm    ::: Recruiting classes for next season Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I'm checking in for a preview of What Is To Come: espn's analysis/rating of the new recruits.

Not ONE Big 12 team cracked the top 20?? Shocked

PostPosted: 03/04/19 7:37 pm    ::: Re: Recruiting classes for next season Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Okay, I'm checking in for a preview of What Is To Come: espn's analysis/rating of the new recruits.

Not ONE Big 12 team cracked the top 20?? Shocked

For the 2018 recruiting classes, Baylor was #1 and Texas was #3, with Oklahoma at #17 and West Virginia at #18.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/class-rankings/_/class/2018

For the 2017 recruiting classes, Texas was 3rd, Baylor was 7th and Texas A&M was 8th.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/class-rankings/_/class/2017

Howee

PostPosted: 03/04/19 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, historically they've gotten a fair (?) share of top recruits, but dang! The Big 12 is already the weakest of the Power 5 this season, and it doesn't look to be improving soon.

(Also, TX A&M is not Big 12 anymore....those were "The Good Old Days" Wink )

PostPosted: 03/04/19 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Yeah, historically they've gotten a fair (?) share of top recruits, but dang! The Big 12 is already the weakest of the Power 5 this season, and it doesn't look to be improving soon.

Oooh! Oooh! You mean when Nebraska was also in the conference? Remember the glory days of Kelsey Griffin!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/06/19 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

HA! I cannot believe I forgot that A&M was in the SEC. Thank you for the correction.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/06/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Howee wrote:

Oooh! Oooh! You mean when Nebraska was also in the conference? Remember the glory days of Kelsey Griffin!

I do....and Mizzou, Colorado and Utah....feels so long-ago. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 03/06/19 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
Howee wrote:

as far as women's bball is concerned, they probably all wish they were still in the B12.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/06/19 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
Howee wrote:

as far as women's bball is concerned, they probably all wish they were still in the B12.

Utah was never in the Big 12.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/06/19 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
Howee wrote:

Utah was never in the Big 12.

Most correct. When it was still "12", it was NE, CO, KS, KS-State, TX, TX a&m, TX-Tech, Baylor, OK, OK-State, IA-State, and Mizzou.

PostPosted: 03/07/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I think both a Baylor and Texas, who year in and year out typically pull in top recruiting classes, both cast a narrow net on last years recruiting class. Baylor Only had one verbal and didn't really look to need a lot else from this class. Texas went down under to pull in some kids which leads me o believe they did a make a lot of inroads with this class and at the last minute, due to transfers, injuries, had to bolster up there roster.

WV typically goes with JUCOs and transfers and sure enough that's what Mike Carey has done again bringing in Players who originally verballed to Vandy and A&M but then went JUCo. He also has some true frosh coming in as well as UCONN/PENN State transfer Dejanea Boykin.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also think that it is important to look at class rankings from other services, as different services rank players differently, in terms of the individual player evaluations. Also, certain services have different ranking parameters (ASGR, for example, includes junior college players, transfers, etc. in its rankings; Collegiate Girls Basketball Report and Prospects Nation have separate individual rankings for international players and do not generally include them in class rankings).

All Star Girls Report:
    #8 Mississippi State
    #12 Baylor
    #18 Oklahoma
    #19 West Virginia
    #23 Texas

https://asgrbasketball.com/notre-dame-maryland-and-florida-state-highlight-top-350-recruiting-2019-class-rankings-3/

Prospects Nation:
    #5 Mississippi State
    #12 Oklahoma
    #13 Texas
    #25 West Virginia

https://prospectsnation.com/class-rankings-2019-fall-2018

Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/07/19 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I also think that it is important to look at class rankings from other services, as different services rank players differently, in terms of the individual player evaluations. Also, certain services have different ranking parameters (ASGR, for example, includes junior college players, transfers, etc. in its rankings; Collegiate Girls Basketball Report and Prospects Nation have separate individual rankings for international players and do not generally include them in class rankings).

All Star Girls Report:
    #8 Mississippi State
    #12 Baylor
    #18 Oklahoma
    #19 West Virginia
    #23 Texas

https://asgrbasketball.com/notre-dame-maryland-and-florida-state-highlight-top-350-recruiting-2019-class-rankings-3/

Prospects Nation:
    #5 Mississippi State
    #12 Oklahoma
    #13 Texas
    #25 West Virginia

Wait. Are we including Mississippi State as the newest Big 12 Team?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

All Star Girls Report:
    #8 Mississippi State
    #12 Baylor
    #18 Oklahoma
    #19 West Virginia
    #23 Texas

Prospects Nation:
    #5 Mississippi State
    #12 Oklahoma
    #13 Texas
    #25 West Virginia

Wait. Are we including Mississippi State as the newest Big 12 Team?
\

DARN IT! I keep messing up the SEC/BIG 12 teams!

Thank you for the correction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: