RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

it's time to kick couric to the curb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 04/25/05 7:59 am    ::: it's time to kick couric to the curb Reply Reply with quote

i am so enjoying these stories that the "today" show is faltering. every morning i find myself screaming at the tv because our precious miss katie couric has made herself more important than the news, and her producers (out of ignorance or fear) have allowed it. what a joke she has become:

couric: and isn't it true that blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, because blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, because i know my own daughter blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, and you should blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah? isn't that right?

guest: yes.

(i savor the times when the guest says, "well, actually, that's not true . . .")

the nytimes is less critical, but still:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/25/arts/television/25watc.html?8hpib

i've been watching nbc for so long, it's really, REALLY difficult to watch anything else. i tried watching robin roberts friday, and i enjoyed her interviews, but i felt like a fish outta water when they cut to local news. i'm gonna have to go through a 12-step program, unless nbc kicks couric to the curb, which i doubt will happen. i kept hoping cbs' evening news would take her off our hands. because i like matt lauer, i like al roker, i like ann curry (and she's getting better handling the tougher interviews), campbell brown, lester holt, hoda kotbe, etc. and nbc, i think, does a better job promoting diversity. but katie . . . ARGH! . . . boy, does she work my last nerve. i'm glad it's not just me. as the story suggests, there has been friction on the set. i just hope someone finally stands up to her.

i just had to vent, because today, while interviewing the principal in florida where the 5-year-old was handcuffed, couric said she thought it looked like the girl was hoping for a hug from that assistant principal, and why didn't the woman just give her a hug. HUH? hulloooooooo . . . is that your job, katie? do we give a shit what you thought you saw? NO!

i just had to vent.

PostPosted: 04/25/05 8:04 am    ::: Re: it's time to kick couric to the curb Reply Reply with quote

Not me...I'm a GMA fan through & through (I don't miss too many chances to see the wonderful Robin Roberts) and I'm glad GMA is closing in on Ms. Couric & her posse!

I think it's fear at 30 Roc...the producers are scared of her! Who dares say no to Katie???

sebibb wrote:
i am so enjoying these stories that the "today" show is faltering. every morning i find myself screaming at the tv because our precious miss katie couric has made herself more important than the news, and her producers (out of ignorance or fear) have allowed it. what a joke she has become:

couric: and isn't it true that blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, because blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, because i know my own daughter blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, and you should blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah? isn't that right?

guest: yes.

(i savor the times when the guest says, "well, actually, that's not true . . .")

the nytimes is less critical, but still:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/25/arts/television/25watc.html?8hpib

i've been watching nbc for so long, it's really, REALLY difficult to watch anything else. i tried watching robin roberts friday, and i enjoyed her interviews, but i felt like a fish outta water when they cut to local news. i'm gonna have to go through a 12-step program, unless nbc kicks couric to the curb, which i doubt will happen. i kept hoping cbs' evening news would take her off our hands. because i like matt lauer, i like al roker, i like ann curry (and she's getting better handling the tougher interviews), campbell brown, lester holt, hoda kotbe, etc. and nbc, i think, does a better job promoting diversity. but katie . . . ARGH! . . . boy, does she work my last nerve. i'm glad it's not just me. as the story suggests, there has been friction on the set. i just hope someone finally stands up to her.

i just had to vent, because today, while interviewing the principal in florida where the 5-year-old was handcuffed, couric said she thought it looked like the girl was hoping for a hug from that assistant principal, and why didn't the woman just give her a hug. HUH? hulloooooooo . . . is that your job, katie? do we give a shit what you thought you saw? NO!

i just had to vent.

sbjules

PostPosted: 04/25/05 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Couric has driven me crazy for years. I don't care for "too cute for words" and she clearly thinks she is.

I occasionally turn on GMA, but if I don't have the radio on, I watch KTLA (guess what town it is broadcast from?) morning news which is pretty useless but makes me laugh.

sambista

PostPosted: 04/25/05 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i know, but i LIKE the channel 4 news crew, too! it's like being hooked on coca-cola and now you have to drink dr. pepper.

anway, i'm not sure i understand who all these people are who allegedly love katie couric.

i think campbell brown oughta slide into couric's spot. (katie can retire early with her millions, but i'm sure she won't be having any of that.) and ann curry could join lester holt on the weekends. i know curry's kinda in line ahead of campbell, but i'm not convinced she can be tough when political grilling is called for, and that's brown's baliwick. hell, they could bring back jane pauley, far as i'm concerned. that soft morning show of hers just isn't a good fit.

PostPosted: 04/26/05 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmmm...KTLA...gee, would that be in LA??? I know several producers over there! Obviously, we don't get that station in NY, but Sam Rubin annoys the beejezus out of me! Smile

sbjules wrote:
Katie Couric has driven me crazy for years. I don't care for "too cute for words" and she clearly thinks she is.

I occasionally turn on GMA, but if I don't have the radio on, I watch KTLA (guess what town it is broadcast from?) morning news which is pretty useless but makes me laugh.

sbjules

PostPosted: 04/26/05 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sam Rubin annoys the beejezus out of me!

Me too Smile. They have this guy with an English accent who fills in for him now & then & I do like him.

jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 04/27/05 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if you can get over the male chauvanism,and total dissing of women sports, IMUS has some hysterical moments...msnbc or on am 660 in nyc area.

katie couric is the male version of bryan gumbel.

sambista

PostPosted: 04/27/05 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryant's head was pretty damned large on that show, but he didn't speak in first-person or relate his own personal experiences while doing interviews. he was a pretty good interviewer, and so was katie before she began thinking that we give a shit about her personal affairs. (but i was happy to see gumbel go.)

PostPosted: 04/28/05 2:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Patsy: What is this, morning television?

Edina: No, darling, it's worse...mid-morning television

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/28/05 3:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Patsy: What is this, morning television?

Edina: No, darling, it's worse...mid-morning television

Haha that quote came to mind when I first read this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: