RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/06/19 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Tamu reports that Carter will miss the SEC tournament with a fractured pinkie on her shooting hand. They expect her back for the NCAA's but in my experience broken fingers don't heal that quick. Blair may be trying to keep his team in the top 16 with wishful thinking.

Tough break, literally.

so if they lose game one to Auburn, do they still host? I'm guessing that while her pinkie will not be healed, she will by then play with it taped to the index. How well, is another matter.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 03/06/19 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
Tamu reports that Carter will miss the SEC tournament with a fractured pinkie on her shooting hand. They expect her back for the NCAA's but in my experience broken fingers don't heal that quick. Blair may be trying to keep his team in the top 16 with wishful thinking.

Tough break, literally.

so if they lose game one to Auburn, do they still host? I'm guessing that while her pinkie will not be healed, she will by then play with it taped to the index. How well, is another matter.

The committee downgrades teams entering the tournament minus a key player that got them there. The question is who might replace them as a host? My best candidates are ASU, Gonzaga or Kentucky, if one of them impresses in their tournament.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/06/19 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:

Tough break, literally.

Hmm. If ANYbody's pinkie is taped to their index, THAT hand is pretty useless. Razz

PostPosted: 03/06/19 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a reason why I believe injuries should not be considered. Carter is clearly extremely important to the success of Texas A&M. I have no idea how much this will affect her play. From my standpoint if A&M loses to Auburn they don't deserve to host. If they win that game and then lose to South Carolina they do. I don't believe the Committee should be put in the position of evaluating injuries; they have enough to consider. Just look at the actual games played. Otherwise A&M has an incentive to lie about her status to gain an advantage.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/06/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:

Tough break, literally.

Hmm. If ANYbody's pinkie is taped to their index, THAT hand is pretty useless. Razz

ok, ok, thank you Howee! You know what I meant! Hard to distinguish these fingers one from another...

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 03/06/19 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:

Tough break, literally.

ok, ok, thank you Howee! You know what I meant! Hard to distinguish these fingers one from another...

You KNOW I know what you meant....just love to devil ya, womyn! Razz

PostPosted: 03/08/19 1:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This one is kind of a *reverse* attrition note:

Japreece Dean just discovered that (after many, many denials) the NCAA has granted her an additional year of eligibility. Remember, she played just a couple of games during her sophomore season at Texas Tech before transferring to UCLA and sitting out a year. Ever since then, the question had been whether or not the NCAA would count that sophomore season as a full year of basketball for Japreece. Up 'til now the NCAA had repeatedly insisted that, yes, it would. But apparently the Bruins were finally able to change some minds, because at practice yesterday, this happened:

YAY!

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/08/19 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samuelson scratched from AAC tournament.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/19 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Samuelson scratched from AAC tournament.

ouchhhhhhh they should still get by but its possible they lose .

PostPosted: 03/11/19 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OU women's basketball: Sooners part ways with guard Shaina Pellington

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/college/ou/ou-women-s-basketball-sooners-part-ways-with-guard-shaina/article_b618d770-4f96-54ec-926d-c9479a197bf3.html

Howee

PostPosted: 03/11/19 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for Shaina.....she deserves better.

PostPosted: 03/11/19 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Crying or Very sad sorry Howee.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/11/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

Crying or Very sad sorry Howee.

Well, thanks but....it's REALLY sad for a once-proud program.

PostPosted: 03/11/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is happening in Norman? Too simple to pin this on Sherri or the situation with what would have been their current group of juniors transferring out? Seems like a pattern

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/12/19 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe its Howee, jk, but that is good news for Dean.

PostPosted: 03/16/19 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1106957200872878080

According to Raoul, Oklahoma St sophomore point guard Braxtin Miller is putting her name in the transfer portal.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/19/19 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU's Lexie Barrier broke three bones in her hand on the first play of the Hofstra game in the CAA tourney and is done for the year. This was a huge factor in the JMU loss as Kamiah Smalls and reserve PG Maddie Green were already out with injuries.

PostPosted: 03/19/19 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

According to Raoul, Oklahoma St sophomore point guard Braxtin Miller is putting her name in the transfer portal.

Hmmm she was there best player from what ive seen . This could be a big get for some program . What were her final choices during recruitment ?

PostPosted: 03/19/19 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Hmmm she was there best player from what ive seen . This could be a big get for some program . What were her final choices during recruitment ?

Why does it seem the Big 12 is feeling a bigger-than-normal exodus?

PostPosted: 03/19/19 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ODU 6'3 freshman forward Hannah Sadler posted on her Instagram (that's a social media application for those that don't know) that she's transferring.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/19/19 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Why does it seem the Big 12 is feeling a bigger-than-normal exodus?

Dungee , Pellington , Caldwell, Momorempeir of late come to mind

PostPosted: 03/20/19 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
What is happening in Norman? Too simple to pin this on Sherri or the situation with what would have been their current group of juniors transferring out? Seems like a pattern

I dunno who ELSE you'd pin it on, if not Sherri....she recruited some of the best talent to the Big 12 in past years, and now, the talent she has left is leaving her.

Nothing too concrete to base this on, but I'm getting a vague vibe that there's (maybe?) an increasingly-overt Christian/Jaezus *thang* happening there....? Who knows.... Confused

WNBA 09 wrote:
Dungee , Pellington , Caldwell, Momorempeir of late come to mind

Don't forget Mulkey and Kornet from a couple of years ago. And Morgan Rich just....vanished.

PostPosted: 03/22/19 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sierra Calhoun who started at Duke then left for Ohio State then left for Rutgers has now left the scarlet knights team before the NCAA tournament no reasons have been specified.

PostPosted: 03/23/19 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sierra Calhoun who started at Duke then left for Ohio State then left for Rutgers has now left the scarlet knights team before the NCAA tournament no reasons have been specified.

...in a school-released statement: “Sierra informed our staff that she has decided to leave the team in order to prepare for the next chapter in her life.’’

I can't imagine what type of chapter would require her to leave in March a few days before the NCAAT.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/23/19 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

...in a school-released statement: “Sierra informed our staff that she has decided to leave the team in order to prepare for the next chapter in her life.’’

I can't imagine what type of chapter would require her to leave in March a few days before the NCAAT.

Maybe she's worried about not passing her courses if she d oesn't study for her exams and finish her papers? At this point in her life, graduating would be more important than basketball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 25 of 37

Jump to: