RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor (1) @ West Virginia - 3/04/19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/04/19 1:20 pm    ::: Baylor (1) @ West Virginia - 3/04/19 Reply Reply with quote

SENIOR NIGHT (pregame ceremony)
Morgantown, WV - 7:00 PM ET

TV: FS1 (Ron Thulin and Brenda Van Lengen)
DISH 150
DIRECTV 219
UVERSE 37
GRANDE 29

Video:
https://www.foxsportsgo.com/program/541900/womens-college-basketball-baylor-at-west-virginia (tvpli)

Audio:
https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=2481&type=Live (free)

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=237253

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/04/19 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 point game with 7:30 to go in the game.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/04/19 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor up 8 with 2:09 left.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/04/19 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WV went like 5:00 without a fg.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/04/19 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WV down 5 with 1:16.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/04/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing all I got.

So all that about the eye test at the ESPN half show is bull as it just really depends on who they want to promote and it is clearly ND again who lost to an unranked team and has 3 losses Shocked

PostPosted: 03/05/19 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched the last 5 minutes or so of this. Gotta say WVU is a bunch of gamers! This game got pretty rough though. I give Kat Pardee the Floorburn Award! She was after everything and spent more time on the floor almost than the ball. This is not a team I would particularly like to face.Also Baylor did NOT look like any kind of a #1 or even a #2 to my eyes. Maybe not to Kim's either. She was shaking her head a lot.

PostPosted: 03/05/19 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor has not looked like a #1 and especially not a #1 #1 all year...except for that pesky win over UConn. They also benefited from playing SoCaro early in the year, when the cocks weren't so cocky. But basically minus the UConn win, they wouldn't be a #1.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 03/05/19 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Baylor has not looked like a #1 and especially not a #1 #1 all year...except for that pesky win over UConn. They also benefited from playing SoCaro early in the year, when the cocks weren't so cocky. But basically minus the UConn win, they wouldn't be a #1.

Nobody has looked like a #1 all year.

PostPosted: 03/05/19 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Who is a more worthy #1? You could make a case against any team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/19 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Who is a more worthy #1? You could make a case against any team.

That's what makes it intriguing. A lot of these teams' successes will depend on which matchup they get. I'm not a big Miss St fan but actually think they deserve a #1 seed more than Baylor. And I would probably give the overall #1 to whichever team wins the ACC, and presuming that they both meet in the final the overall #2 to the loser of that game. They clearly play in the 'best' league this year so to me their wins count more than their losses...and certainly count more than the other contenders. If Oregon wins the P12, they could also be a #1 since their two P12 losses should have astericks by them. Being a #2 won't hurt them though since they will have the closest thing to home court there is. The ironic thing about Baylor getting the #1 #1 overall is that they will likely get the weakest #2, even though IMO they are the weakest #1. They DID beat UConn so, as said before, that one game is what gives them the exalted position...and that is what keeps them from being shipped to Portland.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/19 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eye test wise the best team is Notre Dame in my opinion , but will they win it all again ? Im not even 50 % sure .

PostPosted: 03/05/19 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and if Louisville loses to Miami again in the semis, that could well send them all the way down to a #2.

- Amanda Gorman
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/05/19 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Ditto. This season is the perfect description of a crapshoot. There is no dominant team or a single dominant player.

PostPosted: 03/06/19 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Ditto. This season is the perfect description of a crapshoot. There is no dominant team or a single dominant player.

I actually almost like that for a change.

PostPosted: 03/06/19 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="myrtle"][quote="Shades"][quote="myrtle"]Baylor has not looked like a #1 and especially not a #1 #1 all year...except for that pesky win over UConn. They also benefited from playing SoCaro early in the year, when the cocks weren't so cocky. But basically minus the UConn win, they wouldn't be a #1.[/quote]

Who is a more worthy #1? You could make a case against any team.[/quote]

That's what makes it intriguing. A lot of these teams' successes will depend on which matchup they get. I'm not a big Miss St fan but actually think they deserve a #1 seed more than Baylor. And I would probably give the overall #1 to whichever team wins the ACC, and presuming that they both meet in the final the overall #2 to the loser of that game. They clearly play in the 'best' league this year so to me their wins count more than their losses...and certainly count more than the other contenders. If Oregon wins the P12, they could also be a #1 since their two P12 losses should have astericks by them. Being a #2 won't hurt them though since they will have the closest thing to home court there is. The ironic thing about Baylor getting the #1 #1 overall is that they will likely get the weakest #2, even though IMO they are the weakest #1. They DID beat UConn so, as said before, that one game is what gives them the exalted position...and that is what keeps them from being shipped to Portland.[/quote]

There are some very good points here. Regarding OR, you cannot forget the loss to Mich St and other than Miss St, they had a very weak OOC. As the SEC also had a lot of bad losses it is hard to grade Miss St. I was disappointed that neither scheduled a top 4 team this year which is what almost should be a requirement. OR was plugged in but they have never been to Final four so both should have scheduled better. Baylor I agree with, the only team they beat was UConn and Texas does not look good this year. Plus UConn shot their worst, which could be their game plan to leave anyone open except KLS after watching the USF game, a bad match up on the road or wrong game plan by UConn, time will tell. ND also had a terrible loss to UNC there is no sugar coating that loss and UConn blew them out. I keep hearing so many excuses for ND, Turner has been an excuse for over 2 years, their shooter just coming back but UConn has never done that. People forget that UConn has been starting 2 players who never really played and KLS had major ankle surgery in the prior 5 months, no pre season and probably came back as she does not fully ready, last year we played with 2 injured players as Crystal was also hampered. My point here is Myrtle is considering a lot of variables and there are definitely a lot of variables this year. One thing is for sure, there could be more upsets in the wiomens bracket than ever before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: