RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2CT vs USF 7pm ESPN2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 03/04/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Samuelson's outside threat and passing into the paint have always been a significant part of Collier's success -- as has Collier's passing to Samuelson.

Actually just this year. Gabby was the high post the last 2 years and Collier was a minor player her freshman year (only because of who was in front of her).

This year for sure though.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/04/19 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Crystal and KLS are the only ones who see the floor and it is the reason Collier usually gets her wide open lay ups.

Collier doesn't get wide open layups. She does make a lot of layups but that's due to her footwork and quickness against bigger players. And she may be a mediocre passer but she also has velcro hands. The players passing to her only have to be close because she catches everything.
There's a reason Staley had her on the national team this summer. (Unless you think Geno has Staley in his pocket lol)

And for all the negativity directed at this team they are Massey No 2. Their 2 losses came to other 1 seeds, on the road. And they humiliated N Dame at Percell. Sure they have slipped, but they are still a live candidate for NC No 12.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/04/19 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Oh, also, can we demote the Huskies a seed line because of how ugly they looked in this game? I wish....

totally doesn't matter whether they are a 1 or 2. [Like Oregon]. They will be in ALbany regardless of seed.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/04/19 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Crystal and KLS are the only ones who see the floor and it is the reason Collier usually gets her wide open lay ups.

Collier doesn't get wide open layups. She does make a lot of layups but that's due to her footwork and quickness against bigger players. And she may be a mediocre passer but she also has velcro hands. The players passing to her only have to be close because she catches everything.
There's a reason Staley had her on the national team this summer. (Unless you think Geno has Staley in his pocket lol)

And for all the negativity directed at this team they are Massey No 2. Their 2 losses came to other 1 seeds, on the road. And they humiliated N Dame at Percell. Sure they have slipped, but they are still a live candidate for NC No 12.

Yeah right, every game I watch the defense is focused elsewhere and she get s 90% of her shots from lay ups. What happened tonight OHHH not so much.

PostPosted: 03/04/19 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="linkster"][quote="GlennMacGrady"]Samuelson's outside threat and passing into the paint have [b]always[/b] been a significant part of Collier's success -- as has Collier's passing to Samuelson.[/quote]

Actually just this year. Gabby was the high post the last 2 years and Collier was a minor player her freshman year (only because of who was in front of her).

This year for sure though.[/quote]

Yes Gabby is a huge miss as we had 3 players who were involved with reading the D, but sorry she does get a lot of lay ups and we were not able to get those tonight.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/04/19 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Yeah right, every game I watch the defense is focused elsewhere and she get s 90% of her shots from lay ups. What happened tonight OHHH not so much.

You haven't watched many games then. Tonight was an aberration.
I've been reading posts like yours since Collier was still in HS. And yet she was an AA as a sophomore. Somebody has it wrong.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 03/05/19 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
The Men's side of the AAC is really good and competitive.

The Women's side of the AAC still has some work to do to get respectability, in time it will get there if they start taking women's basketball seriously

Cincy is on the upswing, I expect South Florida to get right back in their when they don’t have so many injuries. UCF ain’t half bad either. Tulane took a step back this year...but I’m cautiously optimistic.

yeah i watched some of the houston-UCF game last night, UCF is a very good team. i can see a UCF-UCONN rivalry developing in the future

UCF in general, have become a sleeping giant that's about wake up. all their sports are very good from Football, baseball/softball, Men/Women's basketball and etc. i can definitely see them in a bigger conference

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/19 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

I've been reading posts like yours since Collier was still in HS. And yet she was an AA as a sophomore. Somebody has it wrong.

I've always loved Collier's game/attitude. She's the quiet warrior on this team.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/06/19 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

And you ignore what I said and deflect on to something else as you are a Uconn fan wearing Uconn glasses. I said 90% of her shots are close to the basket, why do you think USF were leaving her open away from the basket. That doesn't change what she has done when she is left open in those other games and can get lay ups, it just shows what her game is and that USF underJose knows it Wink

PostPosted: 03/07/19 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

And you ignore what I said and deflect on to something else as you are a Uconn fan wearing Uconn glasses. I said 90% of her shots are close to the basket, why do you think USF were leaving her open away from the basket. That doesn't change what she has done when she is left open in those other games and can get lay ups, it just shows what her game is and that USF underJose knows it Wink

left open? LOL She is the leading scorer and the leading rebounder. Why would any team leave her unguarded? If she gets open jumpers from the elbow it's because she is guarded by the opposing post who can't stay with her. Sure, she gets most of her points inside but saying she is left open is about as wrong as wrong can be. And her mid-range jump shot is deadly.

But then maybe I've been watching the wrong player for 4 years. LOL

linkster

PostPosted: 03/07/19 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to correct one thing. It was BBjunlie who said: " Crystal and KLS are the only ones who see the floor and it is the reason Collier usually gets her wide open lay ups."

Mea Culpa.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/09/19 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She does get wide open looks. If she was that deadly why did USF leave her open and it worked 6/15.Plus I just watched for a few seconds, why I don't know and they gave Collier the rebound on a tip and it was actually the freshman who tipped the ball, hmmmm. Wink

BTWs ECU has to be the dummest team I have ever watched.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: